PDA

View Full Version : fresh start withthe dna from pse

darkside
03-31-2013, 09:37 PM
So after lots of posts ,info and defeat. i started from scratch. First thing was draw lenght after internet and youtubing draw lenght it was decided that the shop where i purchased my bow had little to know idea about the set up of this bow. I was never measured for a draw lenght.
i beleive this to be 90 percent of the problems i was having with this bow. I remounted the drop away , and paper tuned it I moved the rest about a 32nd of an inch and a perfect bullet hole.I backtuned to 40 yards and then decided to try the dreaded broadhead.
I was pleasantly surprised to have it group in with the feild points .. I have to try a few other brands to see if those results will vary much.
So my next question should i shorten the arrows i have to my new found draw lenght and if so how might this affect the spline on the arrows i have the 200 pse sniper arrows and 300.
the new draw lenght is 26 inches and was originally set at 28.5 ,,,, i would like to leave them long as it would carry more energy down feild any thoughts on this would be appreciated....
thanks for all the help and support fellow hbc members lots learned in a sort amount of time ... hoping the saga of the dna ends here and i can start to enjoy shooting it daily to get ready for it 's first bruin......

Blk Arrow
04-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Good to hear you resolved your issue. A draw length set long is a common problem. I had the same issue when I started. Several questions to be asked to find more than 1 right answer. What arrows are you shooting now, 200s or 300s? What is your draw weight and tip weight? Do you want to keep the broad head out in front of your hand and what length do you need to achieve that? Are you planning on shooting 3-D and looking for a few more feet per second? Are you happy with the results you are getting now?

Some archers like to tinker and are constantly making adjustments to increase the performance of their equipment. I like to get everything setup up, fine tuned and leave it. I have a baseline I work from so if something moves, it is easier for me to trouble shoot. That is just what I do. The real question is: Have I set this equipment up to be happy with it or can I tweak it a bit more?

Bowzone_Mikey
04-02-2013, 08:27 AM
if they are grouping well and consistant ... dont touch a f***ing thing!!!!

the worse thing about Us archers is that we are always tinkering with our gear .. triing to get better performance ... you are fairly new to the sport so get comfy with what you got ... you said that you are grouping FPs and BHs together ... are they going where you aim them? If so ... get out and hammer that bear, You have all summer to tinker with it

darkside
04-02-2013, 05:27 PM
thanks i'll get on that right away !!!!! it's been a long time since i,ve arrowed a bruin about16 years ago i shot one that was close to book with the old jennings, it was alot of fun.. hopefully a post to follow......