PDA

View Full Version : somebody else is hunting my favourite spot!should i kill him?

604redneck
03-28-2013, 04:53 PM
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g370/604redneck/WGI_0049_zpsc8e0db43.jpg

tuffteddyb
03-28-2013, 05:01 PM
yup!definatley!yup!

trapperRick
03-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Yes and a few of his buds

Canadian276
03-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Yes you should definitely kill him

Surrey Boy
03-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Kill and post pics.

Fred1
03-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Nope... Healthy ecosystem! Dont shoot just 'cause... evolve with us .... Unless you are hunting chickens?!?!

Surrey Boy
03-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Nope... Healthy ecosystem! Dont shoot just 'cause... evolve with us .... Unless you are hunting chickens?!?!

Don't shoot without a reason, do it to keep a productive ecosystem. Only academics think you can catch herring and salmon without harvesting the appropriate ratio of seals and whales.

604redneck
03-28-2013, 07:07 PM
i will make an attempt

anglo-saxon
03-28-2013, 07:22 PM
You ave to ask?

REMINGTON JIM
03-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Bang ! flop ! :-D RJ

Islandeer
03-28-2013, 07:59 PM
He's cute and only eats grass and bugs.

landphil
03-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Don't kill him. Multiply him! With a 50BMG that is.:-D

BiG Boar
03-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Are you hunting mice? Lets be real here.

Drillbit
03-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Why wouldn't you kill it?

The Hermit
03-29-2013, 01:07 AM

<up arrow> TROLL LOL

sawmill
03-29-2013, 03:27 AM
Why?I just don`t get it.He`s trying to make a living,same as us.I`m sure he will leave some for you.I don`t kill what I won`t eat.Handsome looking guy ain`t he!Maybe a bit less KILL IT KILL IT and a few more excellent photos like the one you posted would give the Anti`s a reason to lay off hunters.Just my 40 years of hunting talking ,I could be wrong.

IronNoggin
03-29-2013, 11:22 AM
http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/DOA.jpg

:twisted:

Surrey Boy
03-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Why?I just don`t get it.He`s trying to make a living,same as us.I`m sure he will leave some for you.I don`t kill what I won`t eat.Handsome looking guy ain`t he!Maybe a bit less KILL IT KILL IT and a few more excellent photos like the one you posted would give the Anti`s a reason to lay off hunters.Just my 40 years of hunting talking ,I could be wrong.

Antis won't ever lay off. Resist, don't comply.

Mr. Dean
03-29-2013, 11:52 AM
I'd take 'em.
That fur looks more than usable.

IronNoggin
03-29-2013, 11:57 AM
The advise from the only sticker on my truck:

Hunt Hard, Shoot Straight, Kill Clean, Apologize To NO ONE!!

Cheers,
Nog

palmer
03-29-2013, 12:37 PM
The great thing about this country.....Do what you WANT.....and we need to stand up and keep it this way

Hunt-4-Life
03-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Legal's legal. Bust some fur! Save a couple fawns/calves.

branthunter
03-29-2013, 01:40 PM
No!--he's got more right to be there than you do.

REMINGTON JIM
03-29-2013, 01:58 PM

HMM! Non Hunter ? :confused: RJ

branthunter
03-29-2013, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=REMINGTON JIM;1309928]HMM! Non Hunter ? :confused: RJ[/QUOTE

Nope, life time keen hunter. But it doesn't sound to to me that he wants to hunt Mr. Coyote, just that he wants to kill him because he happens to be there in "his" spot.

LBM
03-29-2013, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=REMINGTON JIM;1309928]HMM! Non Hunter ? :confused: RJ[/QUOTE

Nope, life time keen hunter. But it doesn't sound to to me that he wants to hunt Mr. Wolf, just that he wants to kill him because he happens to be there in "his" spot.

Its a coyote in the picture.

Wrj
03-29-2013, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=branthunter;1309946]

Its a coyote in the picture.

^^^^^this^^^^^

Legi0n
03-29-2013, 10:34 PM
go ahead and kill him (unless he kills you first)

hunter1947
03-30-2013, 02:59 AM
Maybe you can beat this yote up and you can get your deer before the yote does.

warnniklz
03-30-2013, 12:06 PM
At least he didn't steal your trail cam

the bear
04-02-2013, 07:15 PM
We should kill all predators just wandering around and minding their own business,lets give the anti-hunting lobby more ammo!!! If your not eating it leave the damn thing alone.

604redneck
04-02-2013, 07:41 PM
We should kill all predators just wandering around and minding their own business,lets give the anti-hunting lobby more ammo!!! If your not eating it leave the damn thing alone.
Maybe I don't eat game meat at all I still have the same right as everyone else in the province to hunt. Maybe I just take the meat home and feed it to my dogs. It's not like hunting is a cheap way to feed the family anymore! Besides all of that I like to keep them away from my pets and by killing them as close to home as this one was I help do that!

r106
04-02-2013, 08:24 PM

Just chickens?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_ES7MmS5Ho

Fred1
04-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Just chickens?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_ES7MmS5Ho

Nature is a far cry from the flowers and frolicking fawns we wish it was. I have seen first hand what cyotes can do to a cow. Not pretty, but that's how its done and that's the way it is. Cyotes and wolves dont have hands for holding weapons. They do what it takes to survive and they have a place in our ecosystems. Besides, whats the difference between a guy who makes 3 or 4 bad shots on a moose or a bad shot with an arrow for that matter and that video? Maybe we just take offence to natures predators because they dont kill as quickly as our modern bullets? It's savage, up front and personal, not pretty, messy etc. Or maybe we feel that they are taking "OUR" game? Why do some feel this personal gratification in shooting "dogs"? I think mostly we shoot "dogs" out of the mindless need just to "shoot shit" and cyotes just seem to be the scape goats... Many places in the US have killed off their predators and look at what has hppened to their deer populations and the quality of the deer - Wisconsin for example. I'm not judging. I'm just saying they have a place here and prey and kill as we do - only maybe we dont like how they do it.

r106
04-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Obviously that was over your head. I posted that because you posted
Nope... Healthy ecosystem! Dont shoot just 'cause... evolve with us .... Unless you are hunting chickens?!?!. I was just letting you know they eat more than chickens. Not because I want an explanation of how mother nature is.

More game animals = more predators. More predators = less game animals. Less game animals = predators die off and round and round and round it goes. Kill and harvest predators (if there # can support it) for furs (and meat depending on the species) and try to keep a healthy population off all animals. Right now we are see a huge rise in predator #'s all over the province so yes kill it

604redneck
04-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Nature is a far cry from the flowers and frolicking fawns we wish it was. I have seen first hand what cyotes can do to a cow. Not pretty, but that's how its done and that's the way it is. Cyotes and wolves dont have hands for holding weapons. They do what it takes to survive and they have a place in our ecosystems. Besides, whats the difference between a guy who makes 3 or 4 bad shots on a moose or a bad shot with an arrow for that matter and that video? Maybe we just take offence to natures predators because they dont kill as quickly as our modern bullets? It's savage, up front and personal, not pretty, messy etc. Or maybe we feel that they are taking "OUR" game? Why do some feel this personal gratification in shooting "dogs"? I think mostly we shoot "dogs" out of the mindless need just to "shoot shit" and cyotes just seem to be the scape goats... Many places in the US have killed off their predators and look at what has hppened to their deer populations and the quality of the deer - Wisconsin for example. I'm not judging. I'm just saying they have a place here and prey and kill as we do - only maybe we dont like how they do it.
We aren't talking about killing off the predators we are talking about a single coyote

Fred1
04-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Fair enough....

Mr. Dean
04-03-2013, 12:02 AM

So,,,,, kill it and send me the pelt.
Hunting is MORE than just eating.

And if you're really worried about 'anti's', you best be getting your head bent around that logic. :wink:

redneckjoe
04-03-2013, 05:08 AM
Too bad several people here are probably more than one or two generations removed from their trappers' ancestry.

Sad. And I watched the last trading post in Alberta closed in my life-time. I wonder what's the long-term effect that will be upon the new generations of hunters.

Cordillera
04-03-2013, 09:31 PM
I personally don't kill anything I don't intend to use. I'd like a nice wolf pelt someday but let the coyotes run. I think hunters need an ethical basis for all animals we kill. If that includes using fur or thoughtful population management then so be it.

Phreddy
04-04-2013, 09:46 PM
If you're going to eat it. Only critter I don't apply that rule to is wolves as I've seen, first hand, the havoc they play on the moose and deer when allowed to get too numerous in an area. That and any critter that has me in mind for a meal.

igojuone
04-04-2013, 10:30 PM

Yeah your wrong and what's 40 years of hunting have to do with it?

igojuone
04-04-2013, 10:33 PM

He does, please explain?

igojuone
04-04-2013, 10:42 PM
If you're going to eat it. Only critter I don't apply that rule to is wolves as I've seen, first hand, the havoc they play on the moose and deer when allowed to get too numerous in an area. That and any critter that has me in mind for a meal.

So if it was a wolf it would be ok, because coyotes are scavengers, they would never harm any living things?

HIGHRPM
04-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Only if it is a problem animal. Otherwise share the woods. If we killed everything we didn't like, the whole system would colapse. Besides the trappers need to make a living !

papaken
04-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Is that a direct quote from Dr Suzuki???

papaken
04-05-2013, 04:50 PM

Why is it that we get people on here that seem to get their quotes from the anti hunters playbook. If you are against the legal taking of game why would you waste your time and anyone who happens to read your anti hunter spin. If you are a Brant hunter as your name implies you might want to get rid of the br and add an i in front of hunter so we all know where you are coming from. Not to mention in your world Brant would have more right to be here than you would. And yes shoot the coyote if it's legal and you want to, that's your decision.

Mr. Dean
04-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Simple fact is, we don't have NEAR enough hunters out hunting for preds.

Taking that dawg AND the season that supports it, is all based on conservation.
Sleep easy if ya get him.

anglo-saxon
04-07-2013, 07:27 PM
If your not eating it leave the damn thing alone.

I'm not a trophy hunter. I only hunt for meat (and the fun of the hunt of course), but coyotes are fair game. They're vermin. And in any case, they trim a parka hood very nicely! Come to think of it, same goes for wolf, and any other fur-bearing animal legal to shoot! I have no qualms at all in shooting a coyote!