PDA

View Full Version : REALLy can't figure this thing out.......pse dna

darkside
03-27-2013, 07:12 PM
i've tried all and now very fustrated.... i thought that i had under splined arrows , so i purchase 300 instead of 200 cranked up the bow and fired a broadhead... high and right of the field point location i,ve tried paper tunning walk back tunning ... everything seems to be in order i'm shooting good groups with feild points but broadheads don't seem to be in the same spot i'm not sure what else to do or check any suggestions???????:cry:

Whonnock Boy
03-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Are you getting good groups with the broad heads? If so, you don't have a problem. Field points and broad heads regularly do not shoot the same. As long as you are getting good groups with them, sight them in, and go hunting.

darkside
03-27-2013, 08:10 PM
they are consistent and grouping just not anywhere near the field points and they are the same weight. i did have the slicktrick head group with the field points when i cranked the bow down but since i've cranked it back up shooting the 300 pse sniper arrows they do not hit in the same location like i said a bit fustrated....

BiG Boar
03-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Even the broadheads that are supposed to fly the same as field points dont. Your only hope I think may be to go to mechanical.

Don't worry about it like the above poster said. Just sight in for your broadheads once you go hunting. Thats what I have always done.

Ambush
03-27-2013, 08:24 PM
What broadheads are you shooting? Rest? How long are your arrows now and your draw length?

This usually indicates that your head is "planing". Shoot three careful groups of each at about thirty yards and then try moving your rest, in tiny increments, towards the field points.

It helps to put a vertical line on your target to set centre shot and then a horizontal line for up/down adjustment of the rest. This lets you concentrate on the one plane at a time. I use 1" flagging tape.

If you're frustrated, quit shooting for the day. You can't "force' good shots, it will only get worse.

afflicted 1
03-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Good points mentioned here , I'm not real familiar with pse shafts but I think their 300 s are pretty stiff. If it won't paper tune at least close I find broad heads almost always won't group with fps. It can get frustrating what bow, draw length and weight

Ambush
03-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Cars, bows, etc; almost everything high performance is more finicky to tune. Speed may dazzle, but accuracy kills.

darkside
03-27-2013, 09:19 PM
i just was hoping that it would go well i'll try shooting some groups with the broadheads and do some micro tunning with them out to 50yards

Ambush
03-27-2013, 09:26 PM
i'll try shooting some groups with the broadheads and do some micro tunning with them out to 50yards

You have to shoot groups of field points and groups of broadheads, at the same distance in order to bring them together. You will have to make minor sight adjustments, as well, as you go along.
Good luck. You'll be happy and more confident when you're done.

donny.brooke
03-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Be patient it doesnt always happen right away. You may want to try a different broadhead to see how it works. I always papertune first to see how the arrow is leaving the bow then fiddle with it from there. For hunting i want the arrow leaving straight stricktly for penetration reasons. Not all will agree with this but my broadheads group with my field points out to 60 yards on my elites so it works for me

Ruger4
03-29-2013, 06:49 AM
What broadheads are you shooting? Rest? How long are your arrows now and your draw length? ............................

Lozzie
03-29-2013, 09:08 AM
I just sorted this problem out myself with my PSE Brute. Minor adjustments to my sight and rest helped my arrows to group together but I found fletchings really matter. I decided to try the NAP Quickfletch Quickspin fletches on my hunting arrows and right off the hop they seem to shoot higher and faster than field tips with helical blazers. I was able to pick up a few more packs of the NAP's at BPS in Calgary when my flight home was cancelled, when I got home I did up three field points with the NAP fletches and now not only are my broadheads hitting the same spot as my fieldpoints but I'm hitting more bulls with my fieldpoints as well. Great feeling, by the way indexing your broadheads with your fletches can also improve arrow flight. Good luck.