PDA

View Full Version : Wall Tents

Charts
03-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Has anyone built their own homemade wall tent? I am looking to build approx 10x10 wall tent with fire ******ant duck cloth 10oz. I don't want to have to use big clunky aluminium or steel poles so has anyone heard of a 2x4 kit to make the structure? Also anyone know who can sew some seams and make an opening for the stove pipe? Pictures will be great if you have them. Thanks

sarg
03-26-2013, 07:28 PM
i use to use a 10x10 ez-up wrapped in a tarp for fall hunting it work great :)

SHACK
03-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Big clunky aluminium poles vs 2x4's?

Think ya better rethink that....I guess ya could burn em when your done. Just make the tent with a ridgepole opening , and use timbers from around camp to erect

moosinaround
03-26-2013, 09:26 PM
2x4 pole kits can be purchased at Industrial reproductions LTD in Prince George

MOOSIN

r106
03-26-2013, 09:34 PM
2x4 pole kits can be purchased at Industrial reproductions LTD in Prince George

MOOSIN

or The Home Depot

I would get a set of light weight non clunky aluminum poles.

Trophyslayer
03-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Aluminium poles are the way to go light strong and last forever. I use a tent every season and if I can drive my truck to where camp is the poles come along. 2x4 set ups are time consuming to put up and take down no to mention heavy. I can have my 14x16 tent up perfectly in under 15min in the dark after 17hrs of driving with 3 guys using my aluminum poles. So if I was you I would rethink what you are trying to do if money is an issue PVC can be used, use squed 40 but it still isn't as good as aluminium or just put the tent on the back burner for a year and make due without and save up. From experience I've found it's better to buy things once than keeping on throwing money at a something that always needs upgrading