PDA

View Full Version : 2013 wishlist.

junkyard_g
03-26-2013, 02:57 PM
After 20yrs of hunting I managed to cross off a mule deer bow kill and shooting a mature bull elk this past season (strictly a deer and moose hunter growing up). This year I am going to try and cross off elk bowkill and grizzly bear from my to-do list.

Any body else going for some 1sts in 2013?

Moe.JKU
03-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Elk for me.

Fella
03-26-2013, 04:50 PM
First mulie, first black bear, first white tail, first grouse, first goose.

Wrayzer
03-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Get a kill on video, preferably Elk.

358mag
03-26-2013, 05:06 PM
The elusive mulie doe need to get that off my bucket list .

Agent Orange
03-26-2013, 05:24 PM
As a new hunter with only one successful season under my belt the list is rather long. But at the top of the list would be a bull moose and a spring bear.

Rackmastr
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
I cant say I have a 'wish list', but I do have a list of critters that I'm going to focus on, being my first solid year of living in BC now.

First up is spring grizzly up north. This tag is VERY important to me and I hope to spend enough time to get an opportunity at a good mature bear. Will be amazing holding the tag if nothing else.

Other than that, a late season stones sheep hunt, some bighorn hunting around home, and finding a mountain goat are priorities this year. I'll likely chase around some elk and will be headed back to Alberta to hunt a big mulie buck in November.

Cant wait!!

Fred1
03-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Even when not guiding, I like to guide... I got the father in-law into prime shooting position on a white tail last year... he missed !?! The family was completely shocked! Apparently he is a great shot (I wouldnt know for sure). So the next day I crawled him up on another whitey - 80 yards - perfect position and broad side. He was 7 feet to my left and said he couldnt get a good shot. (in a field mind you) After 5 minutes of givin me shit about not shooting - I shot... Punched MY tag and we went home. He was happy as hell and done for the year! I guess he's like me, the hunt is what counts and who cares who pulls the trigger!? ( I do like it better when I can get someone else into the prime shot position and it all pans out )
So my goal for 2013 is to get HIM to shoot his deer and punch his own tag...

2tins
03-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Anything with my bow WILL be awesome.

Bc Deer Hunter
03-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Elk with my rifle. Big mule deer with my bow. Basket whitetail with bow. Would love to go after goats or sheep but will have to see how it go's! :D

604redneck
03-26-2013, 06:29 PM
grizz elk and goats will be my focus. guided other people to goats and its time for me to harvest one, the grizzly will hopefully be a bow kill on film but we will see if i whimp out of that and ive never seen a legal bull elk so maybe it will be the year....other than that i just hope to have a safe and succesful season for me and all my fellow hbcers

moosinaround
03-26-2013, 06:39 PM
2013 wish list is to get my son his first moose, and maybe elk! For myself I want as much time in the bush as I can, whether it be camping hunting fishing or just exploring. I've killed lots of critters, time for my son and best friends to get some critters!!!!

jtred
03-26-2013, 06:43 PM
I would be very satisfied if I harvest any animal this year while on one of my backpack hunts. Black bear, mule deer, whitetail, elk, makes no difference to me, I like the challenge of getting one while off the beaten path. I'll hopefully get in 4-5 extended weekend (3-4 nights each) and would really love to take a high alpine mule deer. So I guess that will be my wish for this season, a mule deer way up at the tree line.

hunter1993ap
03-26-2013, 06:51 PM
i'm going for the illusive 200 mulie and 400 bull elk!!:mrgreen:

monasheemountainman
03-26-2013, 06:55 PM
grizz elk and goats will be my focus. guided other people to goats and its time for me to harvest one, the grizzly will hopefully be a bow kill on film but we will see if i whimp out of that and ive never seen a legal bull elk so maybe it will be the year....other than that i just hope to have a safe and succesful season for me and all my fellow hbcers

we are gonna get your grizz on film!!! whether or not its with a bow is debatable, but it will be done on film!

kennyj
03-26-2013, 07:06 PM
I'd really like to see my youngest daughter get her first bear. As for me I'll be going after my first stone sheep and goat ( again).
kenny

Hillbros_96
03-26-2013, 07:24 PM
I am focusing on getting my 10 yr old daughter her first animal. Then I would like a sheep of any kind and am currently working on details right now.

dana
03-26-2013, 07:28 PM
I'm tired of pulling the pin on rat 200 inchers. Time to kill a true monster muley. 300 inchs or bust!!!! ;)

358mag
03-26-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm tired of pulling the pin on rat 200 inchers. Time to kill a true monster muley. 300 inchs or bust!!!! ;)
Maybe time to start hunting Elk !!!!:wink::wink::wink::wink:

decker9
03-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Mine is to get my dad (62) onto a stone ram,this will be his 7 th hunt, my 4th, neither of us have connected yet....I really hope this is his year!!

argyle1
03-26-2013, 07:59 PM
mine is to spend a couple of weeks in the mountains with my kid--and a sheep would be a nice bonus

.300WSMImpact!
03-26-2013, 09:31 PM
to win an LEH

russm
03-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Been trying to get my first bear for 3 springs now and I need my first mulie this fall, the white tail was the first to be checked off my list

calvin L
03-27-2013, 08:39 AM
I hope to have my shoulder back to the point I can draw my bow . And to have more days a field this fall

pnbrock
03-27-2013, 08:57 AM
to see my wife and daughter connect on a couple nice bucks.

MacMtnHunter
03-27-2013, 09:41 AM

Seriously! Even if you are joking ;)

Got two Dall sheep tages, priority is getting Dad his, If i get one then its a bonus. Spring griz tag is burning a hole in my pocket, its high on the list and I hope to match that with an equally large black bear!

Picking up a rifle for my wife this weekend so hopefully she knocks down a cow elk or a deer this year!

adamgarbett
03-27-2013, 08:54 PM
I want to get a kill with my grandpa and get a picture of a lifetime with me and him and our moose deer or bear.......doesn't matter which just want the memory,story& pic

pantsandbelt
03-27-2013, 08:59 PM
First mulie and blacktail and a black bear and if im lucky my first 6 point bull elk also maybe a moose

BiG Boar
03-28-2013, 07:31 AM
One of everything. But I suppose that is being greedy.

nap
03-28-2013, 07:49 AM
I want to get a kill with my grandpa and get a picture of a lifetime with me and him and our moose deer or bear.......doesn't matter which just want the memory,story& pic

Sure hope you get your wish there young fella, that by far is the best wish so far that I have read. I hope the grandpa gods go with you on every hunt!!!:-D:-D:-D

I wish you get your wish!!!

broke
03-28-2013, 08:18 AM
To get anything with my bow. I borrowed a buddies bow 3 years ago and got a young moose - needless to say, the adrenaline of getting an animal with a bow was intense and I got my own that winter. 2 seasons later and I haven't cracked the seal on mine yet, but it's only a matter of time.

I'm not much of a bear hunter, but I swear I can hear my bow whispering 'it's time to get out there', so think I'll grab a tag and look for a blacky (once the 2 feet of snow in my yard melts first).