PDA

View Full Version : Meidl alaska hunter boots

leadpillproductions
03-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Was lookin on cabelas canada , has any one used these boots . I was lookin at kenetrek ones tell I seen these. Any one have any info

Trophyslayer
03-22-2013, 09:01 PM
I tried them on and wasn't overly impressed with comfort and materials they are made cheaper than the mendels you would get from Aj brooks. If i was going to get mendels i would get the real deal not the cabelas version.I have kenetrecks and recommend them but everyone's feet are different.

03-22-2013, 09:12 PM
I tried them on and wasn't overly impressed with comfort and materials they are made cheaper than the mendels you would get from Aj brooks. If i was going to get mendels i would get the real deal not the cabelas version.I have kenetrecks and recommend them but everyone's feet are different.

This. I bought my wife a pair from AJ Brooks and she absolutely loves them. It was a very good investment.

deer nut
03-22-2013, 09:13 PM
I have an older pair of Meindls and have hunted with them for the last 7-8 years with not a single blister. Love them.

Everett
03-22-2013, 09:15 PM

Just bought a pair from Cabelas the Denalis and not a damn differance between the and the AJ brooks version I have owned both.

gbear
03-23-2013, 09:19 AM
I bought the Alaska hunter and love them. They fit me nice and are lasting well. One of the first boots I have owned that I don't mind wearing all day. But, everyone is different. A guy I hunt with bought a pair and they are no good for his him

Fred1
03-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Meindls all the way! I have had at least 7 pairs. I put in a gel sole and I can hike them anywhere for any period of time right out of the box. I do at least 300 days a year in mine. ( Im wearin em right now) Forestry, construction and hunting use. They end up smelling too bad before they wear out :) Water proof to the end ( I do grease them twice a year) - great boot!!

sheephunterab
03-23-2013, 09:54 AM
I used to be a dedicated Meindl wearer but my last pair blew apart in a year and warranty was non existent. Kenetreks just don't fit my feet that well and it seems many people have had problems with them leaking. I'm on my third pair of Lowas now and couldn't be happier.

lwing
03-23-2013, 06:56 PM
I wear Meindl's about 250 days a year, great boots, only get about a year out of them

Deeboe
03-23-2013, 07:00 PM
I have a pair of the Alaskan Hunters from cabelas and they have performed great for me. Super solid boot on my goat hunts win everything from mud to sharp shale. For me they are great but I have a buddy who didn't find them comfortable.
I would buy them again for sure....

srupp
03-24-2013, 11:51 AM
hmmm have used meindles.Canadas' have worked exceptionally well for me..never ever a blister

steven

325 wsm
03-27-2013, 06:42 AM
The alaska's have a much stiffer sole than the canada's. I had nerve damage in my feet for almost 6 months and still have some strange scarring after 4 days of extreme sheep hunting in 2007 with the alaska's. If the loads weren't so heavy and the terrain so rocky I think they would have been ok.
I still use the Alaska's a bit for moose hunting but the Canada's offer a better cushioned sole for when your feet really take a pounding. Broke in many meindle's on sheep hunts without blisters and highly recommend them.

calvin L
03-27-2013, 08:28 AM
I have a pair of meindles i bought at fishers hardware in vernon in 1997 . Never a blister never a leak to this day .The stitching in coming out of the tongue . I have bought new boots that have not been half the boots these are this is why I always seem to put them on . I would resole them and get them stitched up but they would leak . Now I have only ever worn them hunting . Every thing from sheep , goat, grizz , elk, moose, deer and horse back trips . By fair the best boot i have every owned . Now they have changed the build of the boot .This is why I did not buy another pair . I should have bought 6 pairs in 1997 lol

Ry151
06-08-2013, 05:25 PM
I just bought a set from cabelas this week, they seem just as good as any other meidls. The reason I bought them from cabelas and was because of cabelas warranty. If they come apart for any reason they will exchange them for they life time of the boot. We'll see I guess

leadpillproductions
06-08-2013, 06:17 PM
I deside on kenetrek boots love them very comfy

bcsteve
06-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I got a pair of Cabelas Meindl Perfekt and I love them, the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. I'm not a true mountain hunter so I opted for the slightly more flexible Perfekt instead of the Alaskan for a more "all terrain" boot. On their 4th season and still like new.

geoskier
06-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Meindle's are great. They are the first boot that has lasted me two seasons working in the bush!!! They still fell apart after two years (with a resole and a toe hole patch). Scarpas lasted 1 year. Everything else is f'd after about 2 months of serious bushwacking.

How do Kenetreks compare to the euro boots? I am yet to be impressed by anything other than them...

geoskier
06-08-2013, 09:01 PM
I got a pair of Cabelas Meindl Perfekt and I love them, the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. I'm not a true mountain hunter so I opted for the slightly more flexible Perfekt instead of the Alaskan for a more "all terrain" boot. On their 4th season and still like new.

That's funny that they are calling them Perfekt... the orginal Meindle Perfekt is a very hardcore boot. Stiff as teak!

boxhitch
06-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Don't confuse the Cabellas Canadas with the Miendl Canada Pros , two different boots.