PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of these boots? "Crispi"

whitetailsheds
03-22-2013, 08:25 PM
As the title says......I've never heard of them until I saw them in Corlanes. Look like a pretty sturdy mountain boot.

The Dawg
03-22-2013, 09:30 PM
See them on camofire quite often and they sell out quick

Think they must be pretty good?

whitetailsheds
03-23-2013, 08:31 AM
They have these ones in that caught my eye. Same price as my Meindl's, taller boot height, and a bit lighter.
http://www.crispiusa.com/new-hunter-htg-gtx-insulated.html

Kudu
03-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Used them for years when I instructed paragliding - excellent boots.

SA mountains are notoriously hard on footwear, using these boots for 300 days + a year in really demanding conditions, and never suffering a twisted ankle or bruised heel on hard impact landings (under emergency chute) on safety courses, speaks volumes for their construction and durability.

Call of the Wild
03-24-2013, 10:40 AM
After checking them out I find the sole bends very easily which I believe is an issue when hiking with a heavy load. I think the Crispy will put a pressure point in the feet.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
05-02-2013, 03:34 AM
Good reviews on them in the backpacker forum

BCbillies
05-02-2013, 09:52 PM
I have a pair of the Crispi Hunter GTX's. They feel great in the house but I have yet to put them to the test with a load on my back. The sole seems rather soft but I plan to use them for late fall/winter hunting. I love my Meindl's but since the Crispi's came for free I will put them to use.

boxhitch
05-03-2013, 06:50 AM
Over priced for a stiff hiking boot , not sure they cut it as a mountaineering boot.

since the Crispi's came for free I will put them to use. Good score. Team Crispi ?

swampthing
05-04-2013, 08:10 AM
I run several different types of kenetreks and love them. The crispis have caught my eye and appear like a good set up. The comments I just heard about the soft sole doesnt sit well with me though. I need a very firm sole.