PDA

View Full Version : What boots to get???

kako99
03-22-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm leaning towards the LOWA TIBET PRO GTXHas any one had any problems with getting wet feet? I read a review where a guy said his feet were soaked after a good rain fall. They are the most comfortable boot for me that I have tried on, but I don't want wet feet. Thanks

Husky7mm
03-22-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm leaning towards the LOWA TIBET PRO GTXHas any one had any problems with getting wet feet? I read a review where a guy said his feet were soaked after a good rain fall. They are the most comfortable boot for me that I have tried on, but I don't want wet feet. Thanks
I found they got wet just walking through wet grass, a few hrs and they were soaked. They also caused real pain to my feet when side hilling for hours on end. If you have narrow small feet they my work for you but myself and my brother-in tried them and same pain (11.5- 12) They seem like good quaility though.
Also if there is snow present its easy to get cold feet. That may be common for all light or non insulated hiking boots with rubber rands.
I am back to Asolo powermatic again, they don't look as heavy duty but I get 2-3 yrs hard use out of them and they treat my feet good, and thats what counts when your in the mountains for extended periods of time.

Cami
03-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Get your self the Meindel hunting boots - they are a bit pricey but worth it - i never got wet feet and they have a really good warranty

Everett
03-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Was just looking at a pair of Tibets at Whites in spokane a real nice looking boot regretfully they don't stock size 8 so I was unable to try them. They had several pairs on there clearance wall at 30% off. Ended up buying another pair of Meindels but bought them from Cabelas so at least the warrenty will be honored unlike the ones sold in Canada.
Picked the wife up a pair of the non gortex leather lined Lowas last month and they are a very nice boot.

iwing
03-22-2013, 05:55 PM
My meindls leaked and gore-tex replaced them. I love the meindls

r106
03-22-2013, 06:06 PM
I like my Irish Setter Elk Trackers with 600gr of thinsulate. The only thing they suck at is wet slimy wood and rocks for everything else they are great. I always have dry and warm feet. I put a leather treatment on twice a year, spring and fall and there good to go

kako99
03-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the great info guys. I was thinking about elk trackers but they didn't seem like a hiking boot to me more of a hunting boot. I'm going to check out the Meindel. The powermatics were a great fit but didn't look like it was as good as qualitie as some of the other boots I looked at.

boxhitch
03-22-2013, 11:13 PM
After hearing about AJ Brooks , I think my next pair are going to be Kenetrek

snipes13
03-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Have had my meindls for almost ten yrs now and just had to re-sole them this yr. well worth the money IMO

Wade
03-23-2013, 04:03 PM
My favorite boots are viberg. They're not cheep, but if you look after them they will last years.