PDA

View Full Version : Finding Road Closures

schilly101
03-22-2013, 12:15 PM
im trying to find the exact area that a road closure covers in region 4 but ive been unable to find any sorts of map on the internet. does anyone have any ideas? is there a program for google earth?

Ron.C
03-22-2013, 12:46 PM
here is a link to the maps you want

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/kootenay/eco/accessmaps.htm

schilly101
03-22-2013, 01:50 PM
wow awsome! google search brought me nothing..this is great thanks!

schilly101
03-22-2013, 01:59 PM
this appears to only show the east kootaneys, is there anything for the west?

Ron.C
03-22-2013, 02:10 PM
I got that link of pg 48. in the Regs. So I would have to assume if there was a similar link for West Koots, it would be there too. In any case its not too hard to figure out where all the closures are with any Backroad mapbook and the corresponding access restriction descriptions in the REGS.

schilly101
03-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Deffinatly very interesting i just found an area ive always thought was off limits is actualy only off limits to vehicles for a very small area..interesting stuff!

Ron.C
03-22-2013, 02:45 PM
They can be some great places to hunt. Just need to be willing to do some work to get your animal out. My plan this year is to use my mountain bike to get back some 14+km in one of these VC areas to access a spot I've wanted to goat hunt for a few years now.

bc_archer
03-22-2013, 09:57 PM
You you are on the right track, my hunting partner and I purposely hunted in areas with road closures so we wouldn't be hunting in an are with a lot of hunting pressure and the only other hunters we encountered were guide outfitters. We used a two wheeled step-in chariot which we loaded up with our gear which was very easy to transport our supplies in 5km along a logging road

hunter1947
03-23-2013, 03:33 AM
These road closures keep in mind don't keep out all motorized units people have the nerve to drive past the posted signs..

LongBomber
03-23-2013, 04:57 AM
You have to remember these are only closures for the purpose of hunting. I have gotten nothing but greif when I am working in these areas, it has almost came to blows once.. I try and keep my driving to a minimum, and dont slam doors and such but you can only be so quiet in a truck.

Bugle M In
03-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Got that right!!

Also...let's not forget the guys who drive in....looking around...and tell you they haver no guns....
that their only there looking around.
CO told me that is still considered a problem.
Scouting for the purpose of hunting.
See it happen....and yup....I still report them:-P
BMI