PDA

View Full Version : What animals can I hunt without having a hunting licence?

lovetohunt
03-21-2013, 11:58 PM
What animals can I hunt without having a hunting licence?

TommyGuitar
03-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Read the hunting regs and take the core.

wingmaster
03-22-2013, 12:49 AM
look up the definition of license

adriaticum
03-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Schedule CSchedule "C" animals can be captured or killed anywhere and at any time in BC. Schedule "C" birds may be hunted using electronic calls. You do not need a hunting licence to hunt or kill the following Schedule "C" wildlife:
(a) Rana catesbeiana - American bullfrog
(b) Rana clamitans - green frog
(c) all species of the family Chelydridae - snapping turtles
(d) Didelphis virginiana - North American opossum
(e) Sylvilagus floridanus - eastern cottontail
(f) Oryctolagus cuniculus - European rabbit
(g) Myocastor coypus - nutria
(h) all species of the genus Sciurus - gray squirrels and fox squirrels
(i) Passer domesticus - house sparrow
(j) Sturnus vulgaris - European starling
(k) Columbia livia - rock dove (domestic pigeon)
You do need a hunting licence to hunt the following Schedule "C" wildlife UNLESS you are hunting them on your property or they are damaging your property:
(a) all species of the genus Corvus - crows, except Corvus corax - common raven
(b) Pica pica - black-billed magpie
(c) Molothrus ater - brown-headed cowbird and the eggs of this bird species may be destroyed.

carnivore
03-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Jackalopes are always open, but can be tough to find.

Hunt-4-Life
03-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Opossum stew and bullfrog legs. Yummy. Take the CORE and buy a license. Hunt for real don't just shoot little critters for fun.

sparkes3
03-22-2013, 02:11 PM
wild baloney

604redneck
03-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Opossum stew and bullfrog legs. Yummy. Take the CORE and buy a license. Hunt for real don't just shoot little critters for fun.

Thats crazy talk we should be encouraging him too hunt snapping turtles and nutria in the swamps of ladner

andrewscag
03-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Strange that mice and rats aren't listed as schedule c. Must need a tag for them

Tytalus
03-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Thats crazy talk we should be encouraging him too hunt snapping turtles and nutria in the swamps of ladner

Wonder what happens when you shoot a turtle!

The Dawg
03-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Wonder what happens when you shoot a turtle!

Its Noble Rat master gets upset and it's brothers vow vengeance. Shredder would be pretty happy though

Fred1
03-22-2013, 10:23 PM
No need for a license to hunt, stalk and trap the Snapping Beaver of the Souther Interior... They frequent sleezy bars, libraries and Tim Hortons. These critters can be very cunning, ferocious and malicious. Be farwarned...................

bccanadian
03-23-2013, 10:05 AM
You don't need a licence for chupacabras either.

ufishifish2
03-23-2013, 03:52 PM
Didn't think that question would get too many serious responses. Worms and snails came to mind for my reply.
Atleast the worms would come in handy on the free family fishing weekend in the province each year!!!