PDA

View Full Version : 07 hunting goals

Islandeer
12-24-2006, 10:21 AM
With 07 bearing down on us I thought a little goal setting might be in order. The big goal for me is to work less and hunt more. :lol: Backcountry bucks, one of each... the BC deer triple.8) Top of the season to all.

Benthos
12-24-2006, 10:30 AM
get a moose draw. if not, drive a few hours north to chetwynd/tumbler and shoot one during open season.

shoot a 6 point elk during the general season around here.

shoot a spring bear

dana
12-24-2006, 10:34 AM
My top goal this year will be getting my son his first big game animal. Gonna start with bears in the spring. It's going to be a blast. If I do my homework right, gonna see if I can find him a decent buck for opening day of youth season.
As for my own personal goals, I'll still be holding out for a 190+ typical or a 200+ NT. Go Big or Go Home!!!! ;)

Kechika
12-24-2006, 10:42 AM
40 inch stone's sheep

tuchodi
12-24-2006, 10:50 AM
To get my friend Bill who turns 70 this year a 7 point elk not to far off the river.

mtnmax
12-24-2006, 10:50 AM
My new hunting partner ( my wife ) never got an animal this year. I will be taking her with me spring bear hunting and hope she gets a shot at one. As for myself I am going to the Kootenys for early season elk with the bow. The bottom line for me is getting out and having fun!
Best to all and Merry Christmas.
Mtnmax

Rod
12-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Doubling on Island spring bear with my son, his first BG for him and if we do our part I'll have a pair of rugs made.

The other big one for me is harvesting my first Elk, I'm not looking for a world class animal just a respectable bull to fill the freezer and provide company for my barrenground caribou and Island bear henging on the wall.

Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming season and merry xmass to all.

JohnS
12-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Hopefuly get the Spring Grizz draw for the Kootenay's
Keep a eye on the nice whitetail I missed this year he never got shot this year ... he has been seen since the season ended Dec 20th
Help my Wife get her first Bear in the spring* New Hunter this year*
And put in for more LEH this year.

WoodOx
12-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Stone Sheep
Elk in early season up North
Muley and whitetail bucks (Muley over 180, right BCRams :D)
If I am lucky and get a draw, a grizz this spring

Jager
12-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Get an Island Blacktail bigger than a spike, spork, or fork!

JMac
12-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Same as every year for me. Island Blacktail that scores 100 or better, early season mulie 170 plus, and a bc book mulie in the rut. Big melon toms winter to early spring and pumpkin head blackbears in the spring to round off the year. My goals are usually set to high but me and my family and friends sure enjoy trying!

bsa30-06
12-24-2006, 11:23 AM
My goal this year is to take more then one animal.This year i want another bear and a deer or moose.But i'd really like to take a deer with my bow.On second thought i'll take one of each, problem solved.

Steeleco
12-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Only one that is important, that's to get my son into his first big game animal, other than that, just have fun and see what happens.

youngfellla
12-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Spring grizzly for starters.

Stone sheep & goat in August.

Caveman
12-24-2006, 12:18 PM
My '07 goals as follows are , get my son set up on his first big game animal, get my dad set up on his first 6 point bull elk, also a 6 point for myself, a tri-palm moose and a BC book buck. Not too tall an order but but you have to start somewhere.:lol: If the LEH gods shine on me who knows where else I might find myself.:smile:

FullDraw
12-24-2006, 12:25 PM
1st on the list is a LEH bull moose, get out spring bear hunting maybe try for a elk or a turkey and last but not least arrow a whitetail.

FullDraw

lapadat
12-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Senior Hunter title for my Yellow Lab
Early season bow hunt for Elk/Whitetail in the Kootenays
Begin scouting for Sheep
130+ Blacktail
Return to the best tent "pad" in the Coast Range for a successful Goat Hunt

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Picture_532.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=4022)

rugeer
12-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Just to get out and about more than I did last year

xcaribooer
12-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Put in for a really good moose draw then if (when) I dont get it, concentrate on getting a BIG buck either blacktail or mulie.

Mini_Me
12-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Either my first deer or my first spring bear.

boonerbuck
12-24-2006, 01:03 PM
My goals will be broken down into 4 seasons.

Winter 07,

Take a wolf

Spring 07,

Providing I get the draw and I should this year being great odds in my new spot, my first griz.

Late summer 07,

My first 6 point bull elk

Late fall 07,

A very large muley. Score is not important but I would like to have a wide buck with good mass or a trashy NT.

Any of the above in 07 would satisfy me and even if I don't fulfill those goals, I'll enjoy evry minute of the challenge.

CNE
12-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Stones for me

CanAm500
12-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Apply for LEH and det my first deer.....oh and get more then 1 grouse next year:lol: :eek:

Maybe go for spring blackie, depends on if i get a job....

BlacktailStalker
12-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Cougar with my bow

Help Trigger get an impressive spring bear

Get my Roosevelt draw (Lol yeah right)

Get another Rocky Mountain Elk, this time with my bow

Take my second blacktail with a bow

Take a 4 point or better blacktail with my rifle

Film a lot of other peoples hunts for them

Stone Sheep Steve
12-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Get new bow dialed in

Good blackie with the bow or hawg with the rifle.

Dall draw with success:rolleyes:

Out of region meat buck

"Mature" muley-score's not impotant

Big Sask whitetail-will be my first trip there:smile:

Have another great time in late-season archery success or not

SSS

bigwhiteys
12-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Fill my Goat LEH last week in February and get a nice long haired billy goat. (Already Drawn)

Get my coastal spring Grizz LEH and take a big old boar. (If Drawn)

Get another island spring black bear. Bigger then 6'3" (my last bear)

Go back yet once more into the mountains in search for my stone sheep. Won't pull unless it's 40"+ or 10+ years old. It might take me a few more years yet.

Get my first island blacktail.

Get as much of it all on film that I possibly can.

Haven't planned any further then that yet...

Happy Hunting!
Carl

Kirby
12-24-2006, 05:25 PM
hmm, lets see, BC book black bear, Spring Griz(I'm gonna draw this year), early season 170+ mulie, Kamloops lake Ram(gonna draw this year), 180 typical or 195 non-typical mulie in the rut. Oh and because I'm also gonna win the lottery and have lots of money and time to hunt a 40" stone sheep in Aug.

Kirby

DropTines
12-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Take a 165 plus mule buck, and atleast a 3 point Whitey, maybe get a draw for a moose up north, and good luck calling in them elk.
________
Mercedes-Benz W140 (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W140)

FlyingHigh
12-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Simple. Shoot my first deer.

Deaddog
12-24-2006, 05:48 PM
pretty simple for me, hunt as much as I can, look for sheep, elk, moose specifically, caribou and goat as an extra, finish the season off with a deer hunt:smile:

goathead
12-24-2006, 06:20 PM
My goal is to not work as much and get my ass out hunting, hope to start with A spring grizz if not A good blackie.Merry xmas everybody

CHEERS

todbartell
12-24-2006, 06:25 PM
goals - shoot some coyotes, have a chance at a decent sized buck, and shoot some ganders 8-)

Blktail
12-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Get a 100" Saltspring blacktail. I have the location pegged.

Get a deer/wolf hunt in on Redonda Island out of my friends oyster farm.

Get a nice mule deer or any moose.

The Hermit
12-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Spring Bear
I'm going to take J_T up on the elk hunt by bow offer!
One Blk Tail
One Mulie
One Moose
New bigger freezer!!

hunter1947
12-24-2006, 06:44 PM
My goal is to retire next year and spend the intire time ,6 weeks hunting elk and whitetail deer up at cranbrook http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif hunter 1947.

Fisher-Dude
12-24-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm hoping to spend more time hunting Rocky Mtn Bighorns next year. I couldn't make it over this year because of work commitments, and word is that the outfitter took 2 nice rams right above where I camp. :frown: So it will be elk in the mornings and glassing for rams in the afternoons.

Of course, the moose and deer will be getting some attention as they always do...maybe a moose LEH! :)

Alpine85
12-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Haven't really thought about it yet. I will most likely spend every weekend for the first 5 months shed hunting. :)

Phil
12-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Spring bear in the new year and more mulie for the freezer. I'd like to try for a sheep if there is time. I'll hope for better luck moose hunting. In general i'de like to dedicate more time for hunting all around and less time working. Oh ya... I'de like to get my wife out with me in the new year, she sais she wants to pull the trigger on a moose. We'll see.

MB_Boy
12-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Mine are pretty simple.......get out and hunt this year with my Dad in MB. Work has been in the way the past couple of years through the fall and haven't been able to coordinate a deer or moose hunt with him in the fall. Hopefully I will make the fly in moose trip this year.......but if not it will definitely be a week of traditional muzzie hunting for whitey's. Going to hold out for a biggie as they have seen increasing bigger bucks over the past couple of years in the area we hunt. It's a bit tough to get too much meat back from MB so I may "horn hunt" this year and let my Dad do the meat hunting.

Merry Christmas everyone!

.308win
12-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Hoping maybe to get a good spring bear(only ever shot 1 about 190-200lbs on foot) so anything over that will be a plus. My first whitetail is planned to hit the ground fall of 07, get that long awaited moose LEH for oct. And put my biggest mule deer to date in the frezzer(+wall mount). Wish me luck...LOL!

1/2 slam
12-25-2006, 03:06 AM
Get an Island Elk draw:)

Gateholio
12-25-2006, 03:27 AM
I would like to take a deer wth a bow in GOS, but apparently that is impossible.:lol:

Islandeer
12-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Half a slam, I heard that the island elk draw was going to be for island residents only. Seems that when mainland people come over they want to live here, which is causing the rock to sink,something about carrying capacity. 8)

Kirby
12-25-2006, 07:59 PM
I would like to take a deer wth a bow in GOS, but apparently that is impossible.:lol:

*hijack on* Definatly impossible, never been done, I mean, I've never done it... or passed up hundreds of legal bucks during the GOs...:lol: *hijack off*

Kirby

cowboy-up69
12-25-2006, 08:17 PM
My goals for '07 would be to take everything I can. Spring Bear, Elk, Moose, Muley and Whitey. All trophy animals!!! I know Im dreamin a bit but thats what I want!!! lol Try and get a Bison draw as well.

Byson
12-25-2006, 09:26 PM
07 Im not to crazy about bear but it gets me out in the Spring than Moose and Elk in Aug than sept blacktail and muley and nov whiteys

Freshtracks
12-26-2006, 02:42 AM
My goal is easy ... to get out this seaon. I'll start with spring bear. Bonus would be to be back in moose camp with my son and put him on his first bull.

kishman
12-26-2006, 06:50 AM
I hope to shoot my first buck in '07, I got mt first Deer this year (LEH Whitetail Doe.) Great eating, but I want a rack. Also I'd really like to get a look at a Bull Elk this year as well, oh ya and a big 'ol Tom this spring....... are you getting all this Palmer:lol: :lol:. Good luck in '07 all.

kishman

Bigbuckadams
12-26-2006, 07:37 AM
My main goal is to get the wife-to-be & the kids more involved this year. Hoping to get them all into the C.O.R.E. & P.A.L. courses. A little more family time this year, worked too much in '06. As far as personal goals, I'd like to try to get out for Moose & Elk if time permits. Also like to take both Mulie & Whitetail over B.C. book minimums. However, I'll be happy just getting out into the woods, even if the season comes to an end and all I have to eat is tag soup :lol: .

Sitkaspruce
12-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Pretty simple for me...

Get out more, enjoy the outdoors, have fun and meet some great people along the way.

Also I would like to take an animal with my bow this year, have a great guide season, maybe get lucky and finally get the island elk draw that I have been puting in for for 25 years, try and top both my Mulie and Whiteail bucks and maybe get a goat for my friend who has been trying for 5 years now.

Hope everyone has a great 2007 and enjoys their time outdoors.

browningboy
12-26-2006, 12:22 PM
goals:
Get my 338 win mag totally redone( trigger pull, new stock, muzzlebreak etc..) in Toms shop now.
Get new tires and mags for my grizzly
Get new gun boot and mount
Go turkey hunting and feast on a wild one.
Go back to the flathead and go after elk and hopefully moose(LEH)
Go up to mile 135 and hunt moose/ elk
Have more time off to hunt and hopefully take my daughter out on her first trip (short one) for grouse.
Anyway, all the best to everyone and a lucky new year!
BB8)

GoatGuy
12-26-2006, 03:35 PM
My goal for 2007 is................................... to quit paying for most of the MOE employees wages and

shoot something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1/2 slam
12-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Islandeer,

Would I count? I was born in Chemainus:) :) and still have relatives there.

In all seriousness though this will be my 23rd or 24th year trying:mad:

Will
12-26-2006, 04:09 PM
2007 ???
Lets See........

1 Booner Bear........:lol:
1 Booner muley......:lol:
Maybe a Coyote.....:|

Definately some More Fun Trips out there with my Son.

That'll be about it for me in 07 8)

Islandeer
12-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Yah halfer, we could grandfather you!!8)

Ajsawden
12-27-2006, 01:17 AM
Im moving off the island next year, to UBC in Vancouver, Im not happy about it, but that's where school is taking me. I know I wont be able to get out as much as this year, but I would like to get out as much as possible next year. I might have to look up some of you lower mainland hunters to take me out, deer hunt for a hockey game or something.

But as always, Ill be on the lookout for a 100+ Island Deer. A LEH Elk hunt would be awesome. As well I'll be working in Fort St. John this summer, so I'll be on the lookout for good places to hunt up there. Hopefully at the end of summer dad can pick me up and we can head over to the dease river for a weeklong moose hunt.

bochunk2000
12-27-2006, 06:45 AM
I would like to get a bear with my bow this year. And I can't wait to meet my new daughter due in March.
Steve.

Elkhound
12-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Lets see.

Need to get Kechika and Mrs. Elkhound a 6ft+ black bear in the spring.

Get Steelco to get out here so we can get his son a bear.

I would like to take a bear with the bow and then in the fall heading to Alberta for deer and elk with the bow.

I think I have time for all this:lol:

Kevin21
12-27-2006, 11:39 AM
mines pretty easy get my core first then hopefully my first kill!!w/e it maybe

Seeadler
12-27-2006, 01:42 PM
For me, I want to spend as much time in the fields and mountains as I can and put some meat in the freezer.

Looking specifically for a 6 point Elk, 5 point or better Whitetail, either a big typical or a non-typical Muley (size not so important), full curl bighorn, a decent goat, and a colour phase Black Bear.

I have no intention of taking all of those, that is just what the "buffet" is going to be and time will tell how I do. This year got the elk, and a 4x6 muley, turned down a 6 point Whitetail and a brown black bear (both spotted from the road, which is a no-go for me).

ARC
12-27-2006, 01:53 PM
I would like to go on a stone sheep hunt this year. I've wanted to go for a few years now, but none of my hunting partners have been into it.

I also want to drop a decent bull elk and mule deer this year. A late season trip to Alberta or Saskatchewan would be a bonus.

browningboy
12-27-2006, 10:57 PM
One goal I forgot to add was to have one of my hunting partners stop farting so damn much! I heard of calling moose, but come on, so thats one of my goals, so camp will smell a little more pleasant!8)
LUMPY!!

LOC
12-28-2006, 12:34 PM
My goals for '07 are to get my first bear, and have my pup successfully retrieve at least one bird :) Hopefully I'm not aiming too high.

Sieg-MM
12-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Goals for the 07 year include

1- Going out on my first sheep hunt and harvesting a stone ram
2- taking a muley out of region 8 for the freezer (use to live there so any 4pt will do)
3- shooting a mature mulie buck in region 3 during the rut. I get to decide the definition of mature :)
4- help my cousin get his first deer
5- Spend time learning region 7A. My new dwelling. Try to find places to hunt moose, elk and whitetail.

Franko Manini
12-29-2006, 02:21 PM
1 - Spend more time in the bush
2 - Harvest 1st Island Blacktail with a bow
3 - Help Hermit get a Spring bear with his new bow
4 - Blaze some geese
5 - Find some great new territories to hunt using my motorbike
6 - Crush TimberWest

Chuck
12-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Great goals you guys but I've gone gray now so my goals aren't that ambitious. I have only one for 2007 and it's the same as 2006 and that's to come face to face or even really close to a Sasquatch. I don't really care anymore, I just wanna see one of these buggers before I go and after that, they can do whatever they want with my body - that is if they can find it or what's left. Fooof what a mess! LOL!!!

ohno
12-29-2006, 10:54 PM
6 - Crush TimberWest

I love that resolution.

1.) Select and harvest a nice Island Blacktail.
2.) Get an Island Elk LEH (I may even win the 649 :) my odds would be better)
3.) And finally get a region 5 moose LEH.
4.) If time and funding permits bag my first Whitey.

Elkhound
12-30-2006, 10:48 AM
I have only one for 2007 and it's the same as 2006 and that's to come face to face or even really close to a Sasquatch.

Have you tried hunting out near Pemberton, or go for a drink in Whistler. There have been sightings:lol:

wlbc
12-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Introduce the big bruin I saw last fall while moose hunting to Mister Rugmaker this spring.

Wack a nice Mulie.

Go north and introduce Bullwinkle to the Mister freezer.

Elkhound
12-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Introduce the big bruin I saw last fall while moose hunting to Mister Rugmaker this spring.

Wack a nice Mulie.

Go north and introduce Bullwinkle to the Mister freezer.

Good goals and welcome to HBC

LeverActionJunkie
12-30-2006, 06:05 PM
My goal will be to get out and enjoy even more days a field than this year (which was th most days hunting for a few years). other than that:

1. Take out as many gophers as I can,save the uncle in-laws field
2. Try for a spring Black Bear
3. Hopefully get another deer so the freezer will stay full another year, I
don't think I could allow myself pay for meat again after this year.

BCbillies
12-30-2006, 10:54 PM
It looks like 2007 will be similar to the last 10 years. As much as I would like to try new species I continue to hunt the animals that either bite back or put me near the edge of a cliff:

1. Grizzly. One of my favorites - head up north in the spring, glass the slides looking for big stinky and take the odd afternoon nap in the sun! 2004 was my last spring hunt so I'm due.

2. Sheep - After 7 straight years of hunting Stones it time to mix it up a little and go for the Rocky Mountain Bighorn. At least with this hunt I won't be starting from scratch but I know it won't be easy!

3. Goat - My first love. When all else fails I always fall back to the elusive billy. I will probably hunt all three seasons - late summer, fall and winter.

Best wishes and success in 2007!

mainland hunter
12-31-2006, 01:41 AM
freezer deer
moose and elk in 7b
cougar

000buck
12-31-2006, 03:02 AM
work a little less hunt a little more catch a big azz halibut fly fish the cowichan river for steelies take a coho on the fly at cowichan bay and then when i wake up just try and get out doors for a few hours