PDA

View Full Version : Hunting around Dawson creek/ FSJ area?

vanislehunter1
03-20-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm going to be at school 1.5 hrs east of dawson and 2 hrs east of fsj this coming september. I figure why not take advantage of the great hunting while i'm up here right? Now i've been doing a fair portion of searching thru google earth and driving around trying to get a bit of a grasp on the land. So far i've been noticing there is a lot of farm land and that's it. I'm just wondering if there is anything that I can access that isn't private land? There has to be somewhere. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

MacMtnHunter
03-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Check out mapview on the BC government web page... if you haven't used it pm me and I can give you a few pointers. Guys might be pretty tight on here about spots. A couple spots that I might try if I was hunting there would be the further up the sukunka and area between chetwynd and hudsons hope... a little private land in these areas but not as much as between chet, dawson, fsj.

Sofa King
03-20-2013, 08:20 PM
yup.
around chetwynd is probably better.
down toward tumbler, up toward hh, and out toward pine pass.
keep a rod handy as well, great fishing.

Drillbit
03-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Where's the school?

What month's are you going to be in the area?

What are you looking to hunt?

What are you going to have for transportation?

Answer these for more help. Otherwise my answer is: anywhere near Farmington.

Surrey Boy
03-20-2013, 09:22 PM
I see guys hunting the coulees and ravines in the Groundbirch area. Look at the maps around Braden Road, go up the Septimus and Stewart Lake roads and play in the clearcuts.

vanislehunter1
03-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Where's the school?

What month's are you going to be in the area?

What are you looking to hunt?

What are you going to have for transportation?

Answer these for more help. Otherwise my answer is: anywhere near Farmington. School is in Fairview. Two hours east of FSJ. I'll be up here from the start of september to the end of october. I'm looking to hunt mostly mulies, or even whitetails. I don't want something massive like an elk or moose that I won't be able to store. I have a deepfreeze here but I don't want to jam it right full. I've got a pickup so I can access pretty well any area.

Thank you everyone else for the help! Much appreciated.

KB90
03-21-2013, 08:33 PM
What program are you taking in fairview?

I'm in dawson and could point you to some crown land if you're interested.

If you are ever in town shoot me a PM or text we could go for coffee.

frenchbar
03-21-2013, 08:45 PM
when i lived in Arras i seen 1 of the biggest mulies i ever seen hanging around the elementary school ..was an absolute Hammer!!!..wasnt there long enough realy to hunt or find crown land to hunt on ..take kb90s offer..best way to go about it .

vanislehunter1
03-22-2013, 08:00 PM
What program are you taking in fairview?

I'm in dawson and could point you to some crown land if you're interested.

If you are ever in town shoot me a PM or text we could go for coffee.I'm taking the Finning Think Big program. I go thru dawson quite often actually. I probably wont be heading thru until april sometime but I will certainly let you know when i'm around there.

Glassman
03-24-2013, 04:38 PM
I have hunted around there and have a friend that lives around there. PM me if you want.