PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Arm

brewski
03-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Well after & years of planning we are finally moving to Salmon Arm :-D . Really looking forward to meeting new people and getting to know any SA members of this site. Let me know whos around and we can get together. After 48 years in northern B.C its going to be a change for sure

TUGGER
03-20-2013, 04:40 PM
how far north? I am from dawson a few years ago now in salmon arm sor 30 years drop me a pm I will get you involved with the fish and game and a few fellow shot gunners

tug

KB90
03-20-2013, 04:49 PM
how far north? I am from dawson a few years ago now in salmon arm sor 30 years drop me a pm I will get you involved with the fish and game and a few fellow shot gunners

tug

I just moved to Dawson a little over a year ago, now that your gone you must have all kinds of good hunting areas you will want to give up, as you wouldn't want to see them go to waste ;) PM's welcome :D

finngun
03-20-2013, 05:23 PM
wellcome to salmon arm brewski...i'm close too 25km...join the fish and game.. see yu shooting there:mrgreen: f-g

bc sportsman
03-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Planning on moving up there from the Lower Mainland...next year or two. Will be visiting the area a few times to look at homes and stuff. Would appreciate an opp to meet up with HBC'rs and members of the local fish n game club in the area.

brewski
03-21-2013, 07:54 AM
we are leaving Fort St John after 48 years. will miss the country and the people but not the weather or the lifestyle. i will look into the fish and game club once we r settled

eric
03-21-2013, 08:07 AM
After this winter........south is looking really good.

Good choice on Salmon Arm.
In the not to distant future, we'll be packing up and heading in the direction as well

Slinky Pickle
03-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Ah man, who opened the damn gate!

Nothing to see here... move along.... let's go! :-D

It rains all the time in Salmon Arm, the bugs are nasty, it's dark for 10 months of the year..... no really... I wouldn't move there.

03-21-2013, 08:33 AM

It rains all the time in Salmon Arm, the bugs are nasty, it's dark for 10 months of the year..... no really... I wouldn't move there.

And those are the areas GOOD POINTS!!! LOL

finngun
03-21-2013, 02:51 PM

you couldn't be more wrong...no rains [little yes] no bugs...yes in sicamus,,not in BB..dark---most of the time need sunglasses.. hunting areas near,,1/2 hour-1hour
fishing right here..what else yu need:confused:

Slinky Pickle
03-21-2013, 03:11 PM
you couldn't be more wrong...no rains [little yes] no bugs...yes in sicamus,,not in BB..dark---most of the time need sunglasses.. hunting areas near,,1/2 hour-1hour

Sorry Finngun, I think you missed my point. See if you can translate my location. :)

Gunner
03-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Welcome Brewski,I'm about 25k south of SA,been here 13 years and it's been great.Mulies up the hill and whitetails and black bears in the yard!The SA Fish & Game is one of the best in the Province.I hope you enjoy many happy years in this neck of the woods,Cheers....Gunner

bc sportsman
03-21-2013, 03:59 PM
I think that there was a tiny thread of envy in Slinky Pickle's post.

03-21-2013, 04:38 PM

"Little rain" you say.....years ago l operated equipment for a landscaping contractor and we were turfing what was then the Robin Hood Toyota dealership at the top of the hill when a mean looking beer cloud came in from the west. It hit so hard and with so much volume that the turf we had just laid was floating off the blvd and down the access road....just a little rain. Another time landscaping the water slides, 6 semis of turf in 6 days and it rained solid for 4 of them.......redefined the term "mud" That said, when its nice and the sun is shining, there aren't many places as pretty as the Gleneden area west of town.

natebavis
03-21-2013, 04:50 PM
I will be living with BCsportsman as well, he doesnt know it yet!! But I am looking forward to the area!!

finngun
03-21-2013, 06:58 PM

whadd yu mean--''a tiny'' thread of envy in Slinky Pickle's post:mrgreen::confused:

Slinky Pickle
03-21-2013, 08:55 PM

Not really envy. I've lived in Salmon Arm (Fish Limb) for 30 years. I just want to keep it all to myself. :)

bearhunter338-06
03-21-2013, 10:43 PM
When it rains here it can rain. I have seen it come down in baseball size drops. Yards flood in 2 minuets. But 9 times out of 10 you just drive to Sicamous and it is sunny and hot, or the other way around. Look me up also, and we can share secret hunting spots.

bc sportsman
03-22-2013, 12:23 AM
I'm gonna have to keep my plans secret from natebavis and friends...otherwise I'll never be able to get rid of them!!! ;>)

brewski
03-22-2013, 07:52 AM
the house we bought is 5 acres in gleneden. should be there by may. just waiting for house to sell in FSJ

bc_archer
03-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the best place on earth, looking forward to meeting you sometime...likely will if you join the SA F&G club

Moose Guide
03-23-2013, 05:51 PM
I have close family at Malakwa, Sicamous, Salmon Arm and Notch Hill who I love dearly but you couldn't pay me enough to move there! I would gladly move way north but not to regions 1,2,3 or 8