PDA

View Full Version : Kifaru Gunbearer

hookedonblacktails
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Have any of you put the security strap on the opposite side of the cradle..cradle on the right hip and strap on the left shoulder. Does it work ok?
thanks

Shooter
03-19-2013, 10:01 PM
I havent tried it but I think that it would twist the buttstock in the cradle and make it difficult to get the rifle out quickly.

RiverOtter
03-20-2013, 05:49 AM
Have any of you put the security strap on the opposite side of the cradle..cradle on the right hip and strap on the left shoulder. Does it work ok?
thanks

Yep, it'll bring the fore arm right across under your chin and dead square in the way. Mount it as suggested.

Like I've said before, the GB concept is SOOOO simple, that you almost wonder how it works at all; Until you try one.....

msharkey
03-20-2013, 05:58 AM
It would hit me on the chin, when set up on my Spike Camp

goinghunting
03-21-2013, 06:29 AM
The Kifaru Gunbearers work really good! I don't like the idea of carrying a gun out in front of me either and haven't even tried it yet even though I have a Gunbearer. I slide the top loop of the gunbearer farther up my shoulder straps on my pack and carry the gun behind my shoulder. Its still really fast to get it, probably not as fast as if it was in front of you but the guns out of your way.

hookedonblacktails
03-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks guys..goinghunting that's a good idea I'm going to give that try

albravo2
03-26-2013, 08:41 PM
i've been waiting patiently for my gunbearer since i ordered it almost three weeks ago. experimenting with a safari sling in the meantime. thus far, not a fan. with my 18" barrel on my 12g it left the muzzle uncomfortably close to my chin. hoping the gunbearer is the answer.

hookedonblacktails
03-26-2013, 10:10 PM
It took about a month to get mine, judging by the shipping date I think it was in customs for a bit.

mountainman_270
03-30-2013, 10:53 AM
I built my own and it works well. I have it made so the rifle sits on my pack behind my shoulder or forward in front of my shoulder. I use the new Large multicam Molle II rucksack and it hangs off the waist belt.

bcsteve
03-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Got any pictures?

bassplayer
03-30-2013, 01:48 PM
I just ordered one yesterday.

mountainman_270
03-31-2013, 07:47 AM
Yes I do and as soon as the kids find the camera (and the spare batts.) they lost I'll up load the pics. It took about a half an hour to cut and sew.

albravo2
04-03-2013, 08:43 PM
I received mine today. Haven't hiked with it yet but at first glance I really like it.

It is a bit sticky on the draw, partly because I have the cartridge holder on the butt which gets hung up and a sticky Limbsaver recoil pad.

I also have to carry the gun with the scope facing forward, not under my arm as they show in the pictures.

mountainman_270
04-09-2013, 06:49 AM
I like the way the gun bearer works for hunting in the mountains but I am not sure about the hunting on flatter ground. I am going to try it this spring. It sure fits on the pack well and I love my hands free. As a side point, I do love the MOLLE II pack not so fussy about Multicam but the price was to good to pass up Brand new in the "wrap" $130. I have with all pouches and day pack about 100 liters of pack space.

mountainman_270
04-16-2013, 03:41 PM
won't let me upload, files too large

mountainman_270
04-22-2013, 06:48 AM
The pics are to large to upload so I'll try get them with my phone. Either way the rig works great. The only reason I built instead of buy is I like DIY but for the price they charge the savings aren't huge.

mountainman_270
04-23-2013, 06:05 AM
I have pictures in the photo galleries. I like the way the system works and when slung out front its faster to draw my rifle than if its slung on the shoulder. Though the rifle seems to be in the way it never gets in the way. I can very the height of the bucket for different rifles or sling it on the back on my pack. If I go into some crazy terrain I then attach my Eberlestock rifle scabbard and protect the rifle better. The bucket then gets left on the hip pad but tucked up into the frame and out of the way for use once I am up in the alpine zone. I'm happy with the system.

mountainman_270
04-23-2013, 03:08 PM
I was able to upload the pictures into the gallery photo album, its under gun bearer 2 and gun bearer 3. Works very well. :)