PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Guides?

Neuff
03-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Hello everyone, iam a complete noob and excuse me if this is an over asked question, or completely out of line;

i am thinking of planning a hunting trip with a few friends, as a bachelor party idea. i've spent some time on google trying to find people who offer this but it seems that its only 1 one 1 or 2 on 1 expeditions, and over a week long period. is there anyone that offers guided group hunts? and preferably something that is only a weekend length of time?
also none of us have hunting experience (yet), but do have alot of outdoor experience and most of us have valid P.A.Ls and our own hunting rifles.
and would it be a necessity for all of my party to have a valid P.A.L and C.O.R.E in order to participate in this?

Is there anyone who would accommodate us for a basic group hunting experience?
Preferably on Vancouver Island but mainland bc is also a possibility.

any help is appreciated
Thanks

Gateholio
03-17-2013, 10:32 PM
You need a PAL to possess a firearm. If a member of the group doesn't have a PAL, he must hunt with a PAL holder. CORE is a requirement of a hunter number and hunting license. Non certificated members of the group could be in attendance but not participate in the hunt (no guns and no shooting at animals)

I don't know if you realize how much BC outfitters charge for their services, but it's not something that you can do on the cheap unless you find a very accommodating outfitter. A fishing charter is probably more affordable, but if you want to go hunting, then you guys should go on a spring bear hunt. Vancouver Island has great numbers of bears, lots of public land to hunt bears, and no need to hire an outfitter.

Fred1
03-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Just to clarify... To employ (employ meaning trading a service for some kind of payment) a guide you must go through a licensed hunting outfitter. A guide must be "employed" by an outfitter to guide a paying client(s). He may guide for more than one outfitter. A guide's license does not give him the right to guide a hunter on his own.

I believe if you are on a fully licensed guided hunt through an outfitter you may not require the PAL and or CORE. Can someone confirm this 100%?!!???

You will also be able to harvest the animal(s) you seek on the guide outfitter's quota. Meaning what you are able to harvest may differ quite a bit from what is written in the synopsis. Spring black bear is most likely your most economical.
PM me I know a guy.... :)

seymourpats1
03-17-2013, 11:05 PM
I'm pretty sure you'd need a hunter number to buy your tag? Guided or unguided. And to get the number you'd need core??
Though that theory may not work because some guy from Texas won't have core, now I wanna know?.

Fred1
03-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Tags and licenses are usually supplied in the cost of the hunt (ie the boys fro across the line dont have PALs and COREs) just not 100% sure how it works with resident hunters on a guided hunt. Ill find out for sure and post here....

seymourpats1
03-17-2013, 11:20 PM
I know to hunt in Alberta I had to get a hunter number and hunt with buddies that got class c license, I can't remember what I did to get Alberta hunter number. Ya if you find out please post, thanks

mikek
03-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Do your self a big a favor book the hunting lodge in Mayorthorpe or another one like it to hunt for Wild Boars for 3-4 days , safe fun and good times had by all, good food nice accomindations and not to pricey.

325 wsm
03-18-2013, 06:52 AM
Outfitters book hunts of usually 7 day minimum. By the time you got home the hunt and bachelor party would be about $10,000 for island black bear hunts per person. $40,000 per person if you want to hunt stones with a guide.
Drunken bachelor party with guns might not be such a good idea anyway. Finding someone with some experience to go with you is the affordable way or as Mikek suggested a canned hunt for non native species.

Neuff
03-18-2013, 07:35 AM
Well it sounds like an affordable guided hunting trip doesn't exist so I will cross this idea off hah. Thanks for the help everyone

proguide66
03-19-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm picturing the weekend hunting trip on that classic movie 'The Deer Hunter' , lol

meesemoot
03-19-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm surprised no one suggested a cougar hunt in Las Vegas.

Sofa King
03-19-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm surprised no one suggested a cougar hunt in Las Vegas.

haha.
if only the wives would fall for that one.
it can be done in van too, there's always the roxy.