PDA

View Full Version : dogs on sled decks

pnbrock
03-16-2013, 06:26 PM
if the person who was driving like an idiot .the one with the terrified retriever riding on your sled deck attached by a neck collar is on here.you drive an older two tone lifted pick up truck in langley .i think it would be great for you to take a ride in your dogs place in fact ill drive,you do not deserve to own a dog!!!!!smarten up and put your dog in a crate or in your cab.your truck is a pos anyway dog won't hurt nothin...rant over

ruger#1
03-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Report that pos. He will be charge.

GWP_Crazy
03-16-2013, 08:20 PM
if the person who was driving like an idiot .the one with the terrified retriever riding on your sled deck attached by a neck collar is on here.you drive an older two tone lifted pick up truck in langley .i think it would be great for you to take a ride in your dogs place in fact ill drive,you do not deserve to own a dog!!!!!smarten up and put your dog in a crate or in your cab.your truck is a pos anyway dog won't hurt nothin...rant over

Like Ruger1 said.. Call the cops.. If you got his plate number do us all a favour and call...

chilcotin hillbilly
03-23-2013, 05:07 PM
You know its funny, I rig my hounds on top of my dog box and at time drive the highway it is really not a big deal for my dogs they love it. They jump up on top of the box every chance they get. Crazy driving not good but most dogs love it.
Some people need to mind their own business.

BiG Boar
03-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Do you know that less than 40kms away its still legal to drive with people in the bed of the truck, and it happens regularly?

ruger#1
03-23-2013, 06:29 PM
You know its funny, I rig my hounds on top of my dog box and at time drive the highway it is really not a big deal for my dogs they love it. They jump up on top of the box every chance they get. Crazy driving not good but most dogs love it.
Some people need to mind their own business. It falls under insucure load. You can even be fined for having a dog on your lap while driving.

pnbrock
03-23-2013, 06:30 PM
sorry hillbilly but weaving in and out of traffic with a terrified dog on a sled becomes my business.!!!

endtimerwithabow
03-23-2013, 08:00 PM
so pnbrock what did "you" do about it other than start a thread here?

pnbrock
03-23-2013, 08:39 PM
unfortunately he was heading the other direction,no place to cop a u with meridian.

ruger#1
03-23-2013, 08:46 PM
He might of gotten a ticket. There was a truck that was a flat deck with a dog pulled over around that time in between Abbotsford and Chilliwack. He was ticketed for an unsucure load.

cariboo hunter
03-23-2013, 09:44 PM
I hear ya CH, our lab used to ride on our truck roof all the time.He wouldnt last 2 minutes in the box of the truck then he was up on the roof. We rodeo so he travelled all over BC and so many people would complain, threaten to call the cops and the SPCA. So bloody annoying, get your lap dog shih tzu and take a hike.

lip_ripper00
03-24-2013, 12:36 AM
Had a german shepard jump out of the back of a p/u going in the opposite direction,he slowed to make left, I was going straight through. hit my fairlane half on the grill and half on the hood, he went under the car and was pretty messed up( unsalvagable) owner was pretty shook up.

Gilmore
03-24-2013, 01:17 AM
Can't comment on the incident above as I didn't see it but my lab rides on the back of my empty car trailer every chance he gets, can't keep him off it, not much different than a sled deck. Maybe there is a difference between city labs and country labs. My dog wouldn't be caught dead riding in the front of a pickup...all the other dogs would laugh at him! Neck collar? Dog crate? Not in this neck of the woods.

Cedar Cowgirl
03-24-2013, 07:52 AM
My dog wouldn't be caught dead riding in the front of a pickup[QUOTE]
How right you are your dog probably wouldnt be caught dead riding in the cab of a pickup but it sure may be caught dead riding in the back of one. Kids will do a lot os stupid dangerous things as well cuz they are "fun" does that mean we should let them?? And its ILLEGAL to have a dog in a pick up(or car trailer) un restrained and there is a reason for it just remember your macho attitude if or when your dog gets hurt or killed because of it, because dispite your excuses a dog doesnt care where it rides it you that teaches it where to ride. If your dog had ridden in the cab since it was a pup it would never suddenly decide it would rather ride in the back. Glad only a small minority of cowboys and rednecks are repersented by some of these statements.

fowl language
03-24-2013, 07:55 AM
here we go

pnbrock
03-24-2013, 08:10 AM
so would you also let your children ride like this?what happens when you have to spike the brakes does your pet not go for a header.i guess i put way more value in my dogs!!

BCHunterTV
03-24-2013, 08:23 AM
so would you also let your children ride like this?what happens when you have to spike the brakes does your pet not go for a header.i guess i put way more value in my dogs!!

defiantly wouldnt ride with my kids in the back down the hwy...but i also wouldnt release my kids on a cougar track.

Foxton Gundogs
03-24-2013, 08:29 AM
And I wouldn,t send my kids into an ice covered pond after a duck either but why play russian roulette with 1 empty chamber.?

hotload
03-24-2013, 09:15 AM
sorry hillbilly but weaving in and out of traffic with a terrified dog on a sled becomes my business.!!!

ABSOLUTELY!!, WELL STATED. Should have reported this idiot.........................

xfactor
03-24-2013, 09:30 AM
How safe is a dog riding in the back or front seat of your truck if you have to hit the brakes in an emergency situation? They become a projectile into the windshield!!

Safest place is a kennel in your vehicle that is properly secured down, that is sized properly for your dog, so when you do hit the brakes their movement is really limited.

cariboo hunter
03-24-2013, 10:16 AM
I dont put my kids and dogs in the same category and i sure am not putting two large dogs in the front of my vehicle how safe is that. to me it is worse when there are people driving woth dogs in the cab, that is putting everyone in danger. I put all lot of value in my dogs but they are not my kids. As someone said above dogs go through things way worse than riding in the back of a truck or flat deck, chasing cougars, bears and cows, getting bit and kicked. People need to mind there own business, a statement from this cowboy redneck to all city dog pampering people.

landphil
03-24-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm not sure if I should take this thread seriously. Everyone knows a Polaris is a dog.:-D

Gilmore
03-24-2013, 11:30 AM

Children....I thought we were talking about dogs or are you one of those that consider there pets human and actually as one of your children? If you are I can see why you're so wound up. I love my dog he's a great companion and a valuable asset on the farm, but there is a difference between him and one of my children. He sleeps in the house but not on the furniture if you know what I mean.

You put more value in your dog than I put in mine...I highly doubt it, though what you find valuable about your dog and what I find valuable about mine probably differ in some aspects.

Cedar Cowgirl
03-24-2013, 11:47 AM
I dont put my kids and dogs in the same category and i sure am not putting two large dogs in the front of my vehicle how safe is that. to me it is worse when there are people driving woth dogs in the cab, that is putting everyone in danger. I put all lot of value in my dogs but they are not my kids. As someone said above dogs go through things way worse than riding in the back of a truck or flat deck, chasing cougars, bears and cows, getting bit and kicked. People need to mind there own business, a statement from this cowboy redneck to all city dog pampering people.

REDNECK- A glorious absence of sophistocation NOT intelegance

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n499/FoxtonGundogs/Hunting%20other/ducttape345555.jpg?t=1364150715

ruger#1
03-24-2013, 02:29 PM
The law: It's against the law. Section 72 of the BC Motor Vehicle Act prohibits the transport of an unsecured pet in the back of a pick-up truck. Under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act you can also be charged for cruelty to animals if your pet is injured.

I can also find it in brail for the rednecks that are blind to the fact that this is the LAW.

Iron Glove
03-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Daughter used to work at a Vet clinic on a busy Vancouver Street.
It was a regular occurrence for some pick up truck driver to rush in with a mangled, road rashed dog that "somwhow" fell off the truck.
Some of the dogs had to be euthanized, some of the owners should've been too.
Whether or not you consider your dog as part of the family, it's still a living creature that has likely devoted it's life to you and should be treated and protected accordingly.

labguy
03-24-2013, 08:13 PM
C'mon man give your head a shake. It's not about people "minding their own business", its about taking reasonable care not to put a dumb animal or possibly other innocent people in unnecessary danger.

Of course dogs love to ride in an open vehicle.......it's fun and exciting and they don't know the dangers because they're dumb animals who lack the ability to reason.

We, on the other hand, who are supposed to possess a higher degree of intelligence, should be able to see the potential dangers, not only to the dog but to some poor dumb f%$ who swerves to avoid the animal that fell off your truck and crashes into the ditch or maybe head on into another vehicle filled with our kids...........sheeesh.

The ability to reason is suppose to be one of the things that separates us from the animals.......... obviously, in some cases, this is doesn't necessarily apply.

Angus
03-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Too many people consider their dogs as tools as opposed to members of the family

FirePower
03-24-2013, 09:11 PM
Re: dogs on sled decks
C'mon man give your head a shake. It's not about people "minding their own business", its about taking reasonable care not to put a dumb animal or possibly other innocent people in unnecessary danger.

Of course dogs love to ride in an open vehicle.......it's fun and exciting and they don't know the dangers because they're dumb animals who lack the ability to reason.

We, on the other hand, who are supposed to possess a higher degree of intelligence, should be able to see the potential dangers, not only to the dog but to some poor dumb f%$ who swerves to avoid the animal that fell off your truck and crashes into the ditch or maybe head on into another vehicle filled with our kids...........sheeesh.

The ability to reason is suppose to be one of the things that separates us from the animals.......... obviously, in some cases, this is doesn't necessarily apply.[QUOTE]

Well said Mate, you beat me to the pinch.

pnbrock
03-24-2013, 09:20 PM
X3 well said labguy.

daycort
03-24-2013, 09:30 PM
I like the dog tied to the truck box with just enough leash to hang himself when he tries to jump out. Seen it once and heard of it a few times.

I don't really get why people take there dogs with them where ever they go. I can see if you are hunting with them during season or going to a park. But how much fun is it for a dog to be sitting in a vehicle (inside or out) in a parking lot while it is either 40 above or 40 below while the owner is busy having a chit chat while getting groceries. Makes me shake my head.

SPEYMAN
03-24-2013, 10:32 PM
What is realy scary is that people who allow their dogs to ride in such an unsafe manner have the ability to reproduce.

Mishka
03-25-2013, 12:00 AM
[QUOTE=daycort;1308004]I like the dog tied to the truck box with just enough leash to hang himself when he tries to jump out. Seen it once and heard of it a few times.

A few years back I dealt with a 3 month old rotty/husky cross hanging by her leash over the side of a pick up truck as the driver was cruising out of town. The pup was hanging over the rear wheel with her legs tucked up. The truck got up to about 80km/hr before he realized I was signaling for him to pull over. The pup was physically fine but there was a little bit of blood on her paw from hitting the tire. There was shit on the wheel and side of the truck from the terrified puppy. I will never forget that. F'king moron.

vortex hunter
03-25-2013, 12:15 AM
defiantly wouldnt ride with my kids in the back down the hwy...but i also wouldnt release my kids on a cougar track.

lol nice bchunter

redneckjoe
03-25-2013, 01:52 AM
Bolts or bungee cords for the crate and this book:

Not hard to teach a dog enjoy being in the crate for a few hours. Had to do this to train a dog to keep a calm nerve travelling internationally.

xfactor
03-25-2013, 10:24 AM
labguy, well put! its all about perspective and priorities

chilcotin hillbilly
03-25-2013, 10:54 AM
It falls under insucure load. You can even be fined for having a dog on your lap while driving.

Of course my dogs are fastened on the box, but so was the dog on the sled deck. I would say the driving was the issue not the dog chained on the deck.

ruger#1
03-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Of course my dogs are fastened on the box, but so was the dog on the sled deck. I would say the driving was the issue not the dog chained on the deck. So do you fasten them down with lag bolts?