PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy but I m Moving to Terrace !!!

Quesnel Kid
03-12-2013, 05:08 PM
As stated above I m moving to Terrace. Am I crazy to move from
the east kootenays were there is some of the best hunting in the world? Maybe but the opportunities for new adventures are to great to pass up not to mention a great job and affordable housing.

I m reaching out to the HBC community in the hopes I can make some new friends and find someone to show me all the good fishing and hunting spots ;).

I also am looking for a rental property for my girl friend, dog, and I. If anyone has any info on a good place please let me know. I wil be looking for a place for May 1st.

Thanks QK

OutWest
03-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Congrats fella. I'm happy for ya. I guess this means a sheep hunt is in order, no?

P.S. I think you spend more time in the lab on HBC than on our actual projects ;)

Quesnel Kid
03-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Maybe but at least I have all my projects done Ray!!

BromBones
03-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Moved up to Terrace last fall, I like it. Plenty of new areas to explore.

You'll be just in time to hunt bears.

BCbillies
03-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Lucky you . . . until last summer I spend the last 18 years in Terrace. My (and the families) best years with endless outdoor opportunities.

albravo2
03-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Love that area. Haven't hunted up there but have seen plenty of bear and moose while fishing the Kiteen and Cranberry.

Sofa King
03-12-2013, 06:19 PM
you're not crazy.
just be ready for a whole lot more winter.

i had the opportunity to move to ft. nelson last year.
no eff'in way was i doing that though.
and now i have an option to move to saskatchewan.
i can't do it though.
i was born out there, but i need me my mountains now.

heyblast
03-12-2013, 06:28 PM
(But I need me my mountains now.) Wow I remember saying the damn mountains block my few, not so many years ago, not anymore, I'm here to stay and I'm not sharing with anyone back east. As for Terrace drive once to Ruppert along the Scenna and well you'll figure it out.

03-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Terrace is surrounded by beautiful country. Make sure you have your fishing tackle in the moving truck!

Farmer001
03-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Big country up there, I sure enjoyed my time up there. Good fishing and hunting.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
03-12-2013, 08:25 PM
What are you going to be doing for Work if you dont mind me asking ? . lol

adriaticum
03-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Nothing wrong with that. If I could, I would.

Kitimat Killer
03-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Some of the best fishing and mountain goat hunting right out the front door give me a shout hook up for a drift for chinooks on the kitimat

KK

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
03-12-2013, 08:47 PM
iv never been up that way but id love too .

gerrygoat
03-12-2013, 09:17 PM
There is better hunting in the Kootenay's for most stuff but there are great opportunities for grizzlies, black bear and mountain goat, moose are not doing well here. If you go to the Charlottes there is fantastic deer hunting abd a fairly short drive north gets you into better moose hunting plus caribou and sheep. Of course the fishing is world class :)

warnniklz
03-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Do you like beer?

kilometers
03-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Not crazy. Terrace is beautiful just don't expect it to be sunny very often. Lots of overcast days or rain.
You might want to get a sled or ski/snowboard the mtns receive a tremendous amount of snow and theirs no crowds

local favourite drives are copper mtn you access it just past the thornhill dump. 10mins from town. You can drive a sled ,quad ,truck all the way to the top 4000feet. Get a nice 360 view
Extew waterfalls on the Rupert highway is a must
drive to kitimat on a good snow year is pretty cool
and all the logging roads in between.

AS for hunting theirs a place called the beaver I wouldn't suggest going Their in the gos it gets pretty chaotic.
The moose are around I suggest cruising the said areas and find a swampy looking spot. Its thick

scottwh
03-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Not crazy at all. I would love to get out of this rat race of a town im in.... I would love to come up that way and swing my new Sage spay rod around and mabey do a goat hunt one day :)

MacMtnHunter
03-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Right on QK, you should enjoy your time well spent in the Albertan-less area of BC instead of fighting tooth and nail for recreation opportunities... plus you won't be getting run off the road either! I have a few good friends out there. I'm sure if you will link up with them at some point if you enjoy hunting and fishing! We made the same move but up to Mackenzie last year...pretty scary leaving some of the best hunting in BC, but there is some pretty awesome hunting and fishing up this way as well just a lack of people which makes it even better!

.330 Dakota
03-13-2013, 07:56 AM
There is better hunting in the Kootenay's for most stuff but there are great opportunities for grizzlies, black bear and mountain goat, moose are not doing well here. If you go to the Charlottes there is fantastic deer hunting abd a fairly short drive north gets you into better moose hunting plus caribou and sheep. Of course the fishing is world class :)

I know a fellow on the Charlottes wo tells me the bears (blacks) get as large as 8 feet

kitnayakwa77
03-13-2013, 02:15 PM
The deep powder snow flying in your face in the winter makes it hard to breathe while skiing, the chinooks, steelhead and coho really are a nuisance burning your thumb and the mountains are so steep and there's too many goats. Terrible place.

Sofa King
03-13-2013, 02:37 PM
you've got yourself a good woman there, quesnel-kid, if you're able to get her to move to a more remote area like that.
sounds like she just may be a keeper.

Quesnel Kid
03-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Hey thanks all for the encouragment. Im pretty excited to get up there for sure. The mountains were a huge draw I m avid backcountry skiier and cant wait to get into the coast mountains. I hope to get out on the skies this spring to check out the area and hopefully ski some steep couloris. A sled is high on the list, and yes I have a very good women who may be more exited then I am.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
03-17-2013, 02:19 PM
just out of curiosity, Where is the best place in BC to live were i can get a Cariboo, Sheep and Great moose hunting all in one ? .. if such a place exist ..

KB90
03-17-2013, 02:22 PM
^ Ft Nelson.

Has great hunting for everything but still a decent enough sized town that it has the amenities.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
03-17-2013, 03:18 PM
So is the Cariboo, sheep and moose draw? around the Fort Nelson area ..iv never been up that way . but id love too . its busy i hear . property is probly pricey .

Gunner Staal
03-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Welcome to gods country....really. If your looking for endless humanless backcountry you found it! Fishing is certainly the biggest draw here but bear and goat are abundant. I live in the Nass Valley on the Tseax river. Give a Pm and I would be happy to take you out for some world class fishing this summer. You should be just in time for some dynamite spring bear. Archery bear hunting on tidal flats by jet boat.....Nuff said. Gunner