PDA

View Full Version : dease lake caribou

BCHunterTV
03-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Im thinking this year ill try dease lake area for bou's and moose..maybe griz if im lucky.

Ive heard about the bou migration and cant get a good time frame when to plan to go...

Anyone have any tips or areas (pm even)to check out?

I was there in 2006 and saw a tonne a moose and griz in the 2 days i was there until i got truck problems

Thanks

Stone Sheep Steve
03-11-2013, 06:25 AM
No real migration with those bou. They will winter up high on the wind-swept slopes.

Good time is Sept 12-22nd ish. Rut will be kicking in and the meat is still good. Any later and you can run into weather issues and crappy meat.

SSS

Skull Hunter
03-11-2013, 10:22 AM
I would aim for the first week in September or so... are you planning on a fly-in? Otherwise I'd suggest heading up the Jade-boulder, although it can be busy up there.

Rackmastr
03-11-2013, 10:38 AM
A fly-in for caribou is HIGH on the list for next year. And obviously if I dont kill a ram this year I'll be lookin hard for one at the same time!!!

Those caribou are pretty damn cool critters for sure!

BCHunterTV
03-11-2013, 03:25 PM
got some great advice guys!

thanks

Stone Sheep Steve
03-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Lots of threads on bou on HBC if you use the search function on thread titles for "caribou" .

BCHunterTV
03-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the brilliant idea there Steve..

Lots of threads on bou on HBC if you use the search function on thread titles for "caribou" .

Stone Sheep Steve
03-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the brilliant idea there Steve..

Well, not quite brilliant but there's certainly some good info in those old threads. Spent some time going through quite a few last night.
Brought back some good memories. Need to go hunt them again!

SSS