PDA

View Full Version : Last day, and first day

Tanya
03-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Well as we all sadly know today marks the end of the waterfowl seasons for this licensing year. Can't say it's been a poor year, especially in the goose category. Sadly though, in November we lost our black lab Rayne. However, we have recently received an new member to our hunting family, Jade. We were able to get in a very quick pond jump between chore sets today to allow Jade her first retrieves for us. She came to us via Lucky Shoes Kennels in Kamloops and is a 3 yr. old, which is very nice for us who have NO time for extensive training. Jade had been trained on ducks but recognized the opportunity to please when we downed 3 geese. I think she is going to be a good fit.

Jade's first outing with us.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/JadesfirstgeeseMarch10-13_zps4df02c9d.jpg

branthunter
03-10-2013, 05:45 PM
I always feel happy for a mature lab when they luck into a good home where they are going to be well loved and cared for AND get a life full of waterfowling.

cavebear
03-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Congrats guys :) does this mean you wont need me next year?

Sasqman
03-10-2013, 07:48 PM
I always feel happy for a mature lab when they luck into a good home where they are going to be well loved and cared for AND get a life full of waterfowling.

X2 on that! Nice looking girl

pnbrock
03-11-2013, 06:14 AM
happy a hunting dog didn't go to a yuppy family and turned anti!good looking pup ,she will get plenty of work with your crew.

Duck Buster
03-11-2013, 08:27 AM
A happy pup is a good pup, nice birds...

Tanya
03-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Congrats guys :) does this mean you wont need me next year?

Well, if you can swim better and run faster you can have the first duck and she'll take the second. :)

edgy
03-12-2013, 06:49 AM
very cool, looks like jade has a good life ahead of her :) I would love to find a 2-3 year old retriever to give a home to, like you I have no time for training a pup, but sure would like to have a good retriever.

Foxton Gundogs
03-12-2013, 08:16 AM
Congrats guys nothing wrong with a little dog with a big heart. Have fun with her.