PDA

View Full Version : Bowtech Extreme VFT draw length/pull weight question

jw10112
03-06-2013, 07:56 PM
I am new to the site, and would like to test some of the bow hunting guys' knowledge. (or any one who knows a little about tunning for draw length and pull weight)

I recently bought a Bowtech extreme VFT off a friend who was upgrading to a new bow. It has a quiver, stablizer, newer string, sights, and came with 7 arrows, so she's ready to go. I went to Boorman's in New West this afternoon and one of the guys there gave me a 30 minute lesson of what I had as well as some fantastic shooting tips (HIGHLY RECOMMED YOU SEE THESE GUYS IF YOU WANT TO GET INTO ARCHERY)

I am having a few grey spots when it comes to change the draw length. I need a 30" draw, and right now the bow is set for 29" (the one inch isn't major, but I can tell from shooting other bows at a 30" draw it is a hell of a lot more comfortable) Does any one know how I can go about doing this? The bow did not come with any extra cams, wrenches, etc. So any info you guys may have would be great.

I would also like to adjust the pull weight slightly lighter, atleast until I am 100% comfortable with the bow.
Thanks again fellas!:smile:

Bowzone_Mikey
03-11-2013, 11:13 AM
wow .. talk about testing memorys ...

Single cam IIRC .. Modular .. therefore to change the draw lenth you have to aquire a new module .. nice thing about that is that they are typically only 15 to 20 bucks as opposed to to 80 for a new cam and new another 100 or more for a single cam string.
truth be told tho, you can change the letoff a bit by adjusting the draw stop and should gain you about a 1/2 inch ... you can gain the rest via loop if you so desire (not my reccomendation .. but not unheard of)

to change the draw weight ... I cant recall if it has Limb Locks ... if it does you will see a Hex screw on the top and bottom sides of the riser right under the big Hex screws are at the end of the limbs. Loosen those then you can adjust the weight by loosening the limb bolts ... what I like to do is tighten both limb bolts down as tight as they can can go ... then back them of equally ... no more than 5 full turns from bottom out however each turn on a Bowtech of the 04-06 era is about 2 pounds per full turn.

Foxtail
03-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Did you take the bow into Boormans? They are great people in there! They should be able to fix you up in the store... Welcome to archery :) The life long lesson begins, Thats what I love about archery... You learn so much every single day you shoot... I have been shooting bows since I was about 6 years old and I still learn new things when I shoot.