PDA

View Full Version : leica crf 1000 R

slim
03-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Has anyone used the new Leica crf 1000 R rangefinder? It comes with an angle compensator and i was just wondering if anyone likes it or not or if it is even out in stores yet. I have searched online and can only find the crf 1000 without the compensator at the obvious places like cabelas and wholesale sports.

goatdancer
03-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Try Robinsons Camera in Calgary.

mike-juliet
03-07-2013, 07:35 AM
I have not used the 1000, however I have had some in the field time with a 1600-B and I can say without a doubt that Leica makes in my opinion the best rangefinder on the market(excluding the Gseven, but that is also double the cost of a CRF-1600). I was able to range targets past 1000 yards with the 1600 off hand on the first try. Ranging out to 1600 yards and beyond was acheived simply by finding a rest, in my case it was the handlebars of a quad or my rifle barrel with the stock on the ground. The farthest reading i got was 1700 and change off a field of rocks off the rest. I didnt have enough time to play with the ballistics program I would prefer to refrence my own proven doping chart rather than trust a rangefinders ballistic solution anyways. The angle compenseated range function worked as advertised and was quick and accurate. If I had the money to spend I would pick up one without hesitation and I am sure that the 1000 yard unit is the same only with a lower advertised range.

geoskier
04-07-2013, 10:33 PM
I've got the 1000. It is great. In very sunny weather, highly reflective objects can be picked out at up to 1150 (my furthest). I used it all last hunting season and I have played around with it a fair bit in the winter and it is still on the same battery (expensive). The great thing about it is that the glass is great so that in a pinch, you can use it as an 8x monocle.