PDA

View Full Version : Fall away rest and fletching, and peep sight

Shensmobile
03-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I just recently ordered my first fall away arrow rest, moving on from a whisker biscuit. What's the best orientation to set my nock/fletching in? Should my cock-fletch be down or sideways?

Also, how hard is it to use a butter knife to separate my string to install a peep site? I don't have a string separator or a bow press unfortunately.

Ambush
03-05-2013, 07:31 PM
What rest did you buy?

Don't poke anything through your string while it is under full tension. Some will argue, but I won't even use a proper string separator without releasing tension. To easy to damage strands. Strings aren't cheap and blow ups are dangerous.

Shensmobile
03-05-2013, 09:38 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-Thin-Arrow-Right/dp/B000KORPHW

Was advised that it's quite a good fall away rest, especially at that price.

And alright, I just read that it should be okay, but I'll get it done at the pro shop. I wish I had a bow press.

pnbrock
03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
I just put a Quality archery design drop away and it is the bomb. In fact I will sell u my old drop away. Ecause I'm never going back.

000buck
03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Thats a martin alien fang drop away, not to bad. equals the rip cord in performance from my understanding. just a little narrow. cock fletch UP in this unit

Ambush
03-05-2013, 10:39 PM
If you have a fast bow, that rest may not drop quick enough. Cock feather up. Check the fletches, regularly, for signs of impact with the rest forks.

Shensmobile
03-06-2013, 12:03 AM
This is going on a Hoyt Turbotec, so yeah I'll keep it in mind. Thanks guys!

Bowzone_Mikey
03-11-2013, 10:53 AM
on my Supertec (exact same as the turbotec, without the gay lookin flames on the riser) I had a trophy taker .. it worked just fine .. I also installed an offset cable gaurd the greatly reduced cam lean ... indexed the nock so my cock vane was out .. not exactly but close so I get minimal clearance.