PDA

View Full Version : BACKPACK: Eberlestock X1E - Anyone Have One? Reviews?

BigSlapper
03-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Looking specifically at the Eberlestock X1E as a gun toting larger day pack. Anyone have one? Can you fill me in on your experience with the pack? The good, the bad & the ugly ....
I have 2 Eberlestock packs (Just One & Gunslinger) so very familiar with their weight, quality, etc. I also have numerous Badlands (2800, Hypervent & Hybrid), among others, so not looking for alternatives (thanks though :-D) just specifics around the X1E.
Much appreciated!

BigSlapper

swampthing
03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
I am an eberlestock fan and run the dragonfly. I use it as a day pack but it is a bit big for that. Last year I bought the X2 and added a gun scabbord. It works well and still allows me to load some meat into it. Its one downfall is it has a waist strap, not a waist belt. That new X1E you are looking at should be a good pack. I see it has a waist belt. They make great packs. My dragonfly has some miles on it and shows no wear.

BigSlapper
03-10-2013, 05:44 PM
I am an eberlestock fan and run the dragonfly. I use it as a day pack but it is a bit big for that. Last year I bought the X2 and added a gun scabbord. It works well and still allows me to load some meat into it. Its one downfall is it has a waist strap, not a waist belt. That new X1E you are looking at should be a good pack. I see it has a waist belt. They make great packs. My dragonfly has some miles on it and shows no wear.

I really like the fit of the Eberlestock. Probably more a personal thing, but at 6'3" and 240, not all packs fit my frame. As a gear junkie, I've tried most (have not yet tried the venerable Mystery Ranch series however - I suspect I may soon) and seem to always come back to my "Just One" J34. I absolutely love the fact I can carry the gun in a protective scabbard but get it into action almost as quickly as having it in hand, or on my shoulder. I have been searching for the "quintessential" day pack for years - something that is a little bigger than most. From what I'm researching, the X1E might just be the real deal.

troutseeker
03-11-2013, 12:39 AM
I've had an X1A1 for a few years now and it is a great day pack. The X1E has better access to the bottom compartment and if they have better shoulder harnesses on them, I might just get one!