PDA

View Full Version : PG Shooting Areas

KC-Limo
03-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Hey all,

just wondering if any one knows any good/safe spots to go shooting. Not hunting, but just to get out in the bush and set up some targets. If anyone has any decent spots they don't kind sharing occasionally it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

The Dawg
03-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Think it's the 9km mark on the salmon fsr, there's a pit there everyone uses

moosinaround
03-04-2013, 02:42 PM
What kinds of distances you looking for? I can show ya a 1000m spot down the Blackwater, no access till snow melt though. Theres a 100yrd range down the Blackwater on Lynx lake rd. There is a good 200-300 yrd spot on the Leigh Creek fsr down the Blackwater at around 17km? Moosin

ianwuzhere
03-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Lynx lake table/bench spot is free and lots of people head out there.

moosinaround
03-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Lots of bs usually too. Done my fair share of tellin lies out there!! Moosin

ianwuzhere
03-04-2013, 04:03 PM
i still remember the time when i was shooting down the range and a lynx walked out rite in front of the target and stood there hehe.

SPEYMAN
03-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Please pick up your spent shells and targets."Pack it in,pack it out".

Thank you.

MRP
03-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Please pick up your spent shells and targets."Pack it in,pack it out".

Thank you.
Its all the junk thay pack out there and shoot. I'll get 2 or 3 pickup loads to the dump this year too.:evil:

this year I'll half to pay to tipping fees for others garbage!!!!!

ianwuzhere
03-04-2013, 10:37 PM
good on you mrp (not to derail thread) i heard a rumour that the local dump is going to start to charge to bring garbage to the dump- city wants more money? i heard $6? when does that start?

moosinaround
03-04-2013, 10:44 PM
The Lynx Lake range could use some tlc for sure! Needs another bonfire trip, maybe some carpentry work, and a trail cam or 2 to catch the asshole vandals!! Moosin

The Dawg
03-04-2013, 10:51 PM
good on you mrp (not to derail thread) i heard a rumour that the local dump is going to start to charge to bring garbage to the dump- city wants more money? i heard $6? when does that start?

Yup. You can also get a yearly pass for $55 or something No clue when it starts

ianwuzhere
03-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Yup. You can also get a yearly pass for $55 or something No clue when it starts
hmm i wonder if there will be HST on that too? :evil:
i think youll start to see the "local shooting" spots to have more fridges and stoves at them as well:evil:==stupid idea charging a stupid amount!

moosinaround
03-05-2013, 12:01 AM
I've been paying 6 bucks at the transfer stations for a few years now. I save up a pile of junk, ask my local neighbors if they have junk, and make a big ole truck load for 6 bucks! I actually don't mind paying 6 bucks, seems reasonable to me. Metal and yard waste(leaves, branches under 3", lawn clippings) Batteries, tires, propane bottles are all free to dump even at the transfer stations. Used oil, free, anti freeze, free, so the only thing you pay 6 bucks for is house hold crap, and it can be put in the trash you already pay for!! Hot tubs, old campers, stuff like that you pay 60 bucks per metric ton, so my old camper cost me 35 bucks, and they dragged it off the trailer and let us watch them crush it, worth every penny!! Recycle folks, and dispose of your garbage responsibly!! Moosin

XMD70
03-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Myself and a few other CORE instructors built the Lynx Lake range many years ago. We used to take all our students there to shoot shotgun,small and large bore. We had a government issued permit for the entire 250 hectare cut block. The folks in charge of the CORE program eventually told us we would not be insured for live firing, and we stopped taking students to the range. Someone burnt the 2 trailers and shelter to the ground soon after. We rebuilt a small shelter over the small bore and large bore benches. The shotgun area was not burnt. Over the years a few of us have done our best to keep the place useable by patching things up and hauling garbage to the dump. I had no idea just how many a-holes owned firearms and were such pigs. We still get out there and tidy up on occasion, but the garbage builds up faster and faster and some people seem bent on destroying the place. If any folks on this forum use that range, please try to be good ambassadors for all of us and leave the place better than you found it.

KC-Limo
03-05-2013, 02:28 AM
I was really hoping to find something a little closer to town. It doesn't have to be a semi-established range, just a bit of clearing or something.
I really appreciate all the answers, and I'll be sure to check out the lynx lk range at some point.

Boner
03-05-2013, 01:32 PM
There is already tons of crap around close to the dump. I'm always on the lookout for dumpers, they really set me off. Like you say, now it will get worse. The regional district ups the prices, and the city is on the hook to clean up after the dumpers who don't want to pay.

Brett
03-05-2013, 01:53 PM
I was really hoping to find something a little closer to town. It doesn't have to be a semi-established range, just a bit of clearing or something.
I really appreciate all the answers, and I'll be sure to check out the lynx lk range at some point.
where are you in town?, Moosinaround and I are close to the blackwater...... a little more info may help.

pinofire
03-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Salmon fsr on your right hand side. You can't miss the gravel pit

Wade
03-05-2013, 09:31 PM
You can go down north nechako road

3006pg
03-06-2013, 01:01 AM
You can go down north nechako road
be careful... there are some people who live down there make sure you pick good shooting lanes

emerson
03-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Could buy a membership at the rod and gun. Snow makes covered, plowed ranges
pretty attractive.