PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

walnutz
03-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Been hunting for years but more and more i find myself wanting to get into Waterfowl hunting. Not to sure how licences differ from non waterfowl hunting but i would like some info on how to get started and also what areas local guys go to and stuff like that. I live in langley if that helps anyone with the area.Cheers

Foxton Gundogs
03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
BC hunting license, Federal Migratory Gamebird Stamp and fi you intend to shoot in the LM the special area license.

warnniklz
03-04-2013, 06:31 PM
BC hunting license, Federal Migratory Gamebird Stamp and fi you intend to shoot in the LM the special area license.

get this at the post office

heyblast
03-04-2013, 06:32 PM
You'll need liability insurance for Fraser valley license,either house insurance policy or BCWF membership.

Foxton Gundogs
03-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Yah the duck stamp can be got at most POs and some sporting goods stores

Discoverer
03-05-2013, 12:23 AM
You'll need liability insurance for Fraser valley license,either house insurance policy or BCWF membership.

Most gun clubs provide liability insurance with their membership. And you'll have to carry the proof of insurance at all time while hunting in FWSA. I didn't know that and once been stopped by CO, but luckily had my gun club membership card in the valet. The other guys weren't so lucky - who would carry the house insurance policy in the field??!! They all got violation tickets. I personally don't think it's fair, as you won't able to buy FW license without valid insurance.