PDA

View Full Version : LEH Change Needed?

Toppack
03-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Do you think our LEH system needs an overhaul? Would a priority system would work better?
How about increasing the cost of the LEH application as the odds on you selected hunt code get worse?
I bring this up because I know of a hunter that got a LEH and didn't even buy a tag. He had no excuse!

pg83
03-03-2013, 06:08 PM
This thread has been done too many times already.

Our system is not perfect, but no system is. We have sufficient opportunity on GOS in our province that this doesn't need to be an issue.

604redneck
03-03-2013, 06:13 PM
it is fine the way it is

Skull Hunter
03-03-2013, 06:25 PM
I think its fine the way it is as well!

Gateholio
03-03-2013, 06:30 PM
You should read the sticky on this topic. Ask your LEH questions here is its title.

solo
03-03-2013, 06:47 PM
I like the LEH system. Winning is a happy day! Losing just means hunt in the GOS and try again next season.

pnbrock
03-03-2013, 06:48 PM
this comes up after someone didn't get drawn every year!!!

realsportsman
03-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Leh is not a good system ,Any System anywhere else is better .But Leh is of no concern here in the kootenays No mule deer,Elk are at 7500 and predators are at all time high ,But we still have cow seasons,doe seasons and any buck seasons.Thanks sausage province haha

The Silent Stalker
03-03-2013, 07:03 PM
X2 with pg83.

realsportsman
03-03-2013, 07:09 PM
X2 with pg83. whats this mean?

pg83
03-03-2013, 07:12 PM
It's an agreement.

Everett
03-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Leh is not a good system ,Any System anywhere else is better .But Leh is of no concern here in the kootenays No mule deer,Elk are at 7500 and predators are at all time high ,But we still have cow seasons,doe seasons and any buck seasons.Thanks sausage province haha

You either are not a hunter or a incomptant one.

Oh the LEh is fine only improvement is put it online and do the draw in March

realsportsman
03-03-2013, 07:21 PM
yep i am bad hunter u nailed it champ hahahah thats funny

yama49
03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
I dont mind, the way it is, but i do like you the idea of being charged the for the tag, automatically if drawn.

Sitkaspruce
03-03-2013, 07:23 PM

TROLL ALERT!!!!!!

I like the LEH, it like christmas, but if no luck, then off I go and hunt the biggest, longest and best GOS season in North America.

It is a lottery after all and no lottery I know is a guarantee......

Cheers

SS

realsportsman
03-03-2013, 07:29 PM
leh is a lottery and drawing is a fun as long as there is game to hunt in the general season no worries ,but here in the kootenays us that are not sheep know we are in the worst shape of all time .

Toppack
03-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Oops.....Missed that one!

Sitkaspruce
03-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Then go hunt somewhere else that has animals, that what hunters do, they move if they can. VI and LM hunters do it every year, not sure why you could not.

Cheers

SS

frenchbar
03-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Sounds like chevys back

Toppack
03-03-2013, 07:42 PM
You should read the sticky on this topic. Ask your LEH questions here is its title.

Try that again....
I missed the sticky, my apologies.

realsportsman
03-03-2013, 07:45 PM
really thats a response go where the game is makes sense ,Or here is a crazy notion care a little bit about the game u seek and the area u live in 6 years ago we had the best hunting in bc now its pitiful but i dont have kids so ure right hell with the ethics lets go to the caribou and whack and stack my soul i am really dissapointed in this so far.

goatdancer
03-03-2013, 07:50 PM
You are rambling. Learn to use punctuation so that your sentences make sense. LEH is just a bonus to GOS. Take a look at some other jurisdictions and you will be surprised at how liberal our seasons are.

Wrj
03-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Do you think our LEH system needs an overhaul? Would a priority system would work better?
How about increasing the cost of the LEH application as the odds on you selected hunt code get worse?
I bring this up because I know of a hunter that got a LEH and didn't even buy a tag. He had no excuse!

please explain.

realsportsman
03-03-2013, 08:00 PM
I dont care if i ever shoot another Mule deer or Elk i have killed enough .What does make me wanna crack skulls is ******ed people killing everything the goverment makes a season for Goat dancer

wrenchhead
03-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Gawd realsportdman maybe you should hunt closer to town if theres no muleys in the mountains. Leh IMHO works alright, there always will be issues with numbers of draws given out no matter how you end up drawing the cards.

realsportsman
03-03-2013, 08:03 PM
K am gonna be honest i dont care about leh hahah And u may be from cranbrook because thats where the deer are hahaha

frenchbar
03-03-2013, 08:10 PM
chevy you getting any good mulies the last couple yrs ...:)

kgs
03-03-2013, 08:22 PM
MMMMMM this thread has been done to death mmmmm I like the way it is mmmmm someone starts a thread like this when they do not get a tag.
Personally I am tired of all the whinning on both sides. There are pros and cons to the LEH system. Does it need to be fixed yes and no the problem is even if it was made better someone will always not agree with it. I am not surprised that a fellow hunter who had drawn a leh tag did not use it lots do not. who cares it was his tag anyways and the draws do not give you enough time to plan a hunting trip if you work full time. I would like to see some minor changes but I will not hold my breath. I too could share stories about weird circumstances that happen to a friend of mine but does it really matter. just a thought!

northernhunter
03-03-2013, 08:33 PM
The one thing that would be nice and simple would be to allow us to apply online.

Drillbit
03-03-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm not a fan of the system. It would be nice if there was some sort of percentage increase for multiple NILers.

Haven't had a moose, elk, or buff LEH Ever, in my hunting career. That's longer than some members on here have been alive.

So if I can't hunt meat where I live (no GOS), and have to travel to hunt, that's what I do. Except I travel right out of BC and hunt.

Ron.C
03-03-2013, 09:07 PM
The Alberta system has its benefits, but in all honesty I could care less if ours changed. I plan my hunts around GOS with LEH as a backup. If I get an LEH, its just a bonus.

Rackmastr
03-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Alberta has some benefits, and some drawbacks. Unfortunatly no system is perfect. A mix of priority points and random lottery would be a great way to have some sort of combination of the benefits, while protecting from the drawbacks of each system. In the end, nothing is perfect and a guy can find flaws in either type of system.

It does make planning more interesting when you can 'guarantee' yourself a tag with points, but as a new BC resident, I really like being at the same floor as everyone else in the province and can count on luck to plan a few hunts. Lots of great GOS opportunity in BC if you're willing to travel as well which is great.

Caribou_lou
03-04-2013, 02:17 AM
I don't mind the system we have now. Would be great if they could run it sooner though... Like right now! Really whats stopping them from running it end of March or mid April?

Sitkaspruce
03-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Wildlife population counts/estimates, they need those to see if any adjustments are needed.

Cheers

SS

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2013, 07:28 AM
The only change I would like to see is that you only get to apply for "either" the early sheep draws in Reg 6 "or" the regular sheep draws. Not both if you don't get drawn for the early draws. Would make odds better in each set of draws.

SSS

boxhitch
03-04-2013, 08:08 AM
agreed
that early sheep draw was to be a pilot for further changes, it seems to be stalled.
Wonder if the stats show whether the reg6 participation is up with the early draw or how it has changed ?
It probably has doubled the revenue from sheep apps though

Geo.338
03-04-2013, 08:33 AM
I would eliminate enhanced odds to make it a FAIR lottery .

areckoningiscoming
03-04-2013, 09:51 AM
What we need is a priority system for is so called hunter opportunity. I know people that have been putting in for 20 plus years that have never gotten a leh.

Geo.338
03-04-2013, 10:17 AM
20 plus years ? Still better odds than 6-49 or Lotto Max . Maybe BCLC should handicap their lotteries too . Nah .

areckoningiscoming
03-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Tell me then why one person should be drawn 5 times whe another person doesn't get drawn at all? Has one person won the lottery 5 times?

goatdancer
03-04-2013, 10:34 AM
I dont care if i ever shoot another Mule deer or Elk i have killed enough .What does make me wanna crack skulls is ******ed people killing everything the goverment makes a season for Goat dancer

If there is a season, that would indicate a large enough population to allow a harvest. If you don't wish to hunt certain species then don't.
Some people just are luckier than others on LEH draws. That's life. The one thing I do like about the Alberta system is the way your odds increase with each year. That makes it easier to plan certain hunts.

areckoningiscoming
03-04-2013, 10:41 AM
What people don't understand is that we live and breathe the outdoors. I am from the kootenay region and see the effects of the any mule deer buck season. I hope they put all of region 4 on limited entry so we can get our population back.

realsportsman
03-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Would like to see the east kootenay mule deer go on leh to try and regain control on the overharvesting ,and I am sure the boys in the west kootenays would like the leh to be put back on there elk for the same reason .But you are right goat dancer the alberta system has its good points for sure.

areckoningiscoming
03-04-2013, 10:47 AM
I agree with that realsportsman. We have to do something or not have a season period. When you see 8 deer on a whole winter range it makes you think a little different.

Geo.338
03-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Tell me then why one person should be drawn 5 times whe another person doesn't get drawn at all? Has one person won the lottery 5 times?

They are very lucky . Why should someone be penalized for having the good fortune of winning a draw . Many people put in for very remote areas with low odds
to increase their chances .

The Alberta system cannot work here in BC for the species that are in the highest demand like Sheep and Rosie Elk.

This is a lottery and there should be no once in a lifetime or enhanced odds handicapping systems .

As someone pointed out . This comes up every year and there are other threads on this topic .

The mods should auto lock any new threads on this overdone b!tch fest .

areckoningiscoming
03-04-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm glad people can post what is on their mind here and have responses from people like this idiot. I guess everyone should just agree with the way you think.

monasheemountainman
03-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Chill out bro, just put in for better odds if your not getting drawn! Your the one who is off topic here spouting off about any buck mulie. The thread was started about leh odds. Your off topic, go start your own opinionated thread

Ozone
03-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Looks like Jeffs back

areckoningiscoming
03-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Your right. I went off topic. I did voice my opinion and changes I thought where needed along with reasons why.

Caribou_lou
03-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Wildlife population counts/estimates, they need those to see if any adjustments are needed.

Cheers

SS

They don't perform counts every year... and I think they should be putting out LEH permits based on our AAH. Which is information that they can obtain sooner. Therefore having a draw sooner.

Caribou_lou
03-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Im quiet sure they base most of the allotted LEH on our harvest numbers anyways. In regards to a few species such as Moose and Goat.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2013, 12:53 PM
What people don't understand is that we live and breathe the outdoors. I am from the kootenay region and see the effects of the any mule deer buck season. I hope they put all of region 4 on limited entry so we can get our population back.

What MU's are you talking about where the buck:doe ratios have been low enough to affect the overall popluation of mule deer? The areas (within the x-zone) that did show low ratios were cut back to 4 pt only seasons.

Please exlpain how moving to LEH on mule deer bucks in these other areas that you speak of would increase the overall mule deer population.

Would like to see the east kootenay mule deer go on leh to try and regain control on the overharvesting ,and I am sure the boys in the west kootenays would like the leh to be put back on there elk for the same reason .But you are right goat dancer the alberta system has its good points for sure.

Please explain how the 6 pt elk season has affected the elk population in the W Koots.
...or if you prefer..please explain how the 1 yr of any bull archery season has affected the elk population in the W Koots.

Sorry for the hijack but these points warrent explanations.

SSS

BearStump
03-04-2013, 01:27 PM
The only change I would like to see is that you only get to apply for "either" the early sheep draws in Reg 6 "or" the regular sheep draws. Not both if you don't get drawn for the early draws. Would make odds better in each set of draws.

SSS
wouldn't that make the odds even worse? there wont be any MORE authorizations but even more entries put in for them.

What we need is a priority system for is so called hunter opportunity. I know people that have been putting in for 20 plus years that have never gotten a leh

ahhh the unlucky lifer that continues to put in for draws with terrible odds that everyone else wants too.
Try putting in some effort into the LEH synopsis and put in for a draw that actually may produce a winning tag for the season. and maybe hunt somewhere you've never been, or are unfamiliar with. I get satisfaction from learning new areas and putting in my time studying the regs, leh synopsis and potentially new spots for me.
I like to put in for a draw where the GOS is liberal for other game too so I can maximize my freezer filling in one week hunt.

250 sav
03-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Fine the way it is,let it rest!

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2013, 01:41 PM
wouldn't that make the odds even worse? there wont be any MORE authorizations but even more entries put in for them.

Nope. There are the same amount of draws. Many people who don't get drawn in the early draw put in again for the regular sheep draws. In essence many people put in twice....which means more entries for the same number of draws. Odds can only get worse.

SSS

Geo.338
03-04-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm glad people can post what is on their mind here and have responses from people like this idiot. I guess everyone should just agree with the way you think.

My bad for taking the bait i guess , I will not resort to name calling just because someone has a differing opinion .

Krico
03-04-2013, 01:49 PM
As it stands right now guys can apply for the early draws in region 6, and if unsuccessful they can apply for another sheep draw in another region, for the same year. SSS is suggesting a change to make guys ineligible for regular draws if they already applied for the early one.

Krico
03-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Sorry for the double explanation post SSS slow typing on my phone

realsportsman
03-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Stone Sheep Steve (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?1509-Stone-Sheep-Steve)

View Profile (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?1509-Stone-Sheep-Steve)
View Forum Posts (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/search.php?do=finduser&userid=1509&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1)
Private Message (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=1509)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/statusicon/user-online.png Dink Hunter

Join Date Mar 2006Location Region 8Posts 8,325
Re: LEH Change Needed?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by areckoningiscominghttp://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1297542#post1297542)

What MU's are you talking about where the buck:doe ratios have been low enough to affect the overall popluation of mule deer? The areas (within the x-zone) that did show low ratios were cut back to 4 pt only seasons.

Please exlpain how moving to LEH on mule deer bucks in these other areas that you speak of would increase the overall mule deer population.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by realsportsmanhttp://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1297543#post1297543)

Please explain how the 6 pt elk season has affected the elk population in the W Koots.
...or if you prefer..please explain how the 1 yr of any bull archery season has affected the elk population in the W Koots.

Sorry for the hijack but these points warrent explanations.

SSSThere is nothing wrong with the six point season in the west kootenay or the east kootenays for that matter ,Its the numbers of hunters that the kootenays has to contend with and I know the west kootenays cant take the pressure because the east is not handling it well and we are supposed to be the elk hub.The main problem in the east kootenays is cow hunts ,doe tags ,any buck seasons its like they want all the game to be eliminated.Antler restrictions work here its proven ,I know u will disagree but its true every region is different our mule deer for instance move to winter ranges in mid october during the anybuck season the result is 3 bucks on a winter range.Yes the wolves and cats are not helping but they dont have common sense or understanding so its up to us the sportsman to look around, 4 point seaon mule deer herd strong now after a couple years of any buck nothing ,winter ranges that hold 300 deer have 15,40 ,30 . Cow hunts there are more elk killed out of the zone x than in it and when you catch them there reply is well there are no elk down there pretty nice huh .Well there u go tear it apart lol

03-04-2013, 02:08 PM
The Alberta system cannot work here in BC for the species that are in the highest demand like Sheep and Rosie Elk.

This is a lottery and there should be no once in a lifetime or enhanced odds handicapping systems .

I believe Alberta has priority points for "regular" draws and the really difficult to draw tags are still a straight draw, just like ours. IMO it combines the best aspects of both types of draws.

Wild one
03-04-2013, 04:43 PM
I believe Alberta has priority points for "regular" draws and the really difficult to draw tags are still a straight draw, just like ours. IMO it combines the best aspects of both types of draws.

You would be correct and you can also phone in after the draw and buy the tags that were turned back in or left over

But BC hunters fear change :wink:

I seem to pull draws with both systems so it don't bother me

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2013, 05:23 PM
SSSThere is nothing wrong with the six point season in the west kootenay or the east kootenays for that matter ,Its the numbers of hunters that the kootenays has to contend with and I know the west kootenays cant take the pressure because the east is not handling it well and we are supposed to be the elk hub.
Can't handle the pressure? Are you are saying the 6 pt seasons in the East and West Koots are leading to low bull:cow ratios and that's causing a decrease in the population?

The main problem in the east kootenays is cow hunts ,doe tags ,any buck seasons its like they want all the game to be eliminated.

Isn't the point of the cow hunts in the x-zone to reduce the non-migrant elk populations so when the migrating elk move onto winter range there? And also to reduce year round crop depredation?

Doe tags?? You mean GOS on whitetails does?
Did you realize that before we implemented the antlerless whitetail seasons that we were the only jurisdiction in North America without a doe season?

If you want to help the mule deer feel free to tag a couple of whitetails. That would be a step in the right direction. Nothing can handle hunting pressure and reproduce like whitetails.

Antler restrictions work here its proven ,I know u will disagree but its true every region is different our mule deer for instance move to winter ranges in mid october during the anybuck season the result is 3 bucks on a winter range.Yes the wolves and cats are not helping but they dont have common sense or understanding so its up to us the sportsman to look around, 4 point seaon mule deer herd strong now after a couple years of any buck nothing ,winter ranges that hold 300 deer have 15,40 ,30 .

Aside from the areas around Koocanusa where there were low buck:doe ratios (and the seasons have been changed) what are the buck:doe ratios showing? Is there a problem with sperm supply?

Cow hunts there are more elk killed out of the zone x than in it and when you catch them there reply is well there are no elk down there pretty nice huh .Well there u go tear it apart lol

Poaching is an enforcement issue. Observe record and report.

SSS

BearStump
03-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Nope. There are the same amount of draws. Many people who don't get drawn in the early draw put in again for the regular sheep draws. In essence many people put in twice....which means more entries for the same number of draws. Odds can only get worse.

SSS
D'oh, sorry I re-read your post. I didnt realize that right now one "could" put in twice for a goat if unsuccessfull in the first draw. Yah I agree, one draw tag per species, Period.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2013, 06:05 PM
D'oh, sorry I re-read your post. I didnt realize that right now one "could" put in twice for a goat if unsuccessfull in the first draw. Yah I agree, one draw tag per species, Period.

Only 2 chances with sheep and spring and fall grizz draws. No early draws for goat....but we know that's what you meant to type:)

SSS

realsportsman
03-04-2013, 06:07 PM
The 6 point is the best thing that could ever have been implemented,there are not enough elk to go around anymore there was but the so called zone x is making short work of that . And the only animals on the winter ranges in the summer are cattle . The whitetails thats funny why is it you bcwf guys love killing everything ya we had lots of does come have a look now maybe spend a day outdoors here where we live .Koocanusa are you kidding me they changed the season because they killed the deer ,my god man quit reading goverment articles and go outdoors i spend everyday outside whether its shed hunting ,hiking ,fishing and hunting if u can call it that anymore . my job puts in the field everyday with this so called zone x problem ,the herds are gone no joke.

Rubicon500
03-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Our system works fine , you will always have the Debbie Downer Poor me crowd that expects a 40:1 odds moose draw and thinks after 2 years of applying they deserve it. People should appreciate how many GOS hunts we have here

Mulehahn
03-04-2013, 06:28 PM
There are a few changes I would like to see, but none have to do with a point system or changing the odds. I would like to see it moved to online (with a system in stores similar to fishing licences for those with no internet access) to allow the draw to take place earlier, and I would like to see an option to return the draw if a person is unable to use it with a list of other people who entered for the same draw being drawn and contacted to see if they want it. As for the odds, it is a lottery. If I don't get drawn I will just have to sop up my tears on one the caribou, stone sheep, bighorn sheep, black bear, wolf, moose, elk, mule deer buck, whitetail deer, or cougar any of which I can get in this province without an LEH.

realsportsman
03-04-2013, 08:31 PM
leh is fine , i apply in the states gain my points and know with out a doubt i will have a chance at a true trophy of a lifetime .All i am saying is there is a problem with our management and am dissapointed that our regions cant manage the harvests.But thats all i am saying sorry for messing up ure forum .

GoatGuy
03-04-2013, 08:39 PM

You wouldn't get your population back. The habitat sucks, wolves where there haven't been for 60 years and a bad winter in 2010.

Nobody's surprised mule deer are down. Monitoring the sex ratios tells us it isn't from hunting so predation and habitat.

This is all pretty basic stuff.

GoatGuy
03-04-2013, 08:46 PM
What we need is a priority system for is so called hunter opportunity. I know people that have been putting in for 20 plus years that have never gotten a leh.

You might not understand how the priority system works.

There are hundreds of people in alberta who have been putting in for sheep on the priority system and many of them will be too crippled up or will die before they're drawn. Bunch of areas for antelope that have doubled over the last decade, and it looks like the same might happen with mule deer. Alberta has much lower demand for hunts than we do in BC.

In BC if we were to have a priority system no one would get drawn for WK elk, roosevelt elk, many g bear hunts, and moose hunts would be a long wait if not a lifetime.

Here's a couple documents to read on how and why the alberta system doesn't work in BC:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/docs/leh_system.pdf

http://www.bccf.com/sites/default/files/LEHReviewOct2009.pdf

If you have any issues/comments/concerns after you've read those feel free.

Don_Abbate
03-04-2013, 08:59 PM
its not bad the way it is the only thing that must change is it should become online to buy and select draws that way they dont have to input all the data from card to computer it would be much easier and faster im sure most ppl have computers this day and age or there kids do or family

Downwind
03-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Am I the only one that thinks 'realsportsman' and 'areckoningiscoming' are the same dude? Second guy signs up during this thread to support the first guy and has the same terrible writting skills?

Our system is fine. We have more opportunities then anywhere else. We have tons of GOS opportunities. I should know I've only ever been drawn once so I've had plenty of opportunities with the GOS in this province. The issues that affect our animal populations are habitat and predator related. If we don't get those in check we could close hunting all together and we still would have population issues.

dana
03-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Downwind,
I was thinking the same thing. They seem to be one and the same. Probably some x-member here to try to stir things. Lame attempt if you ask me.

frenchbar
03-04-2013, 09:32 PM
^ remember chevy lol

03-04-2013, 09:32 PM
ahhh the unlucky lifer that continues to put in for draws with terrible odds that everyone else wants too.

This is the typical bs that people continue to spout. There are folks - myself included - who put in for regular odd hunts and hardly ever get drawn. In 25 years I have had 2 moose draws in. One ~1988 or so and one in 2010. And the odds aren't exactly bad. Last year my group of 3 put in for a 3.1:1 odd moose hunt. We didn't get it. Again. That is why I would support an Alberta style points draw for regular hunts and maintain the BC style draw for the really difficult draws.

realsportsman
03-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Well this is what i get people have been trying to get me to join this forum for years . I said nope its just a bunch of coastal clowns .Well now i have learned that if you do not agree with your general thought process you are either bullied ,or insulted on your grammar or computer skills .I will make sure to tell all in the cranbrook area what kind of people are on this forum and i truly hope to see some of you on the mountain this fall without a computer to give you a back bone .Oh one more thing blaming the indians for game issues nice ,not only are you people unethical you are racist .

Downwind
03-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Well this is what i get people have been trying to get me to join this forum for years . I said nope its just a bunch of coastal clowns .Well now i have learned that if you do not agree with your general thought process you are either bullied ,or insulted on your grammar or computer skills .I will make sure to tell all in the cranbrook area what kind of people are on this forum and i truly hope to see some of you on the mountain this fall without a computer to give you a back bone .Oh one more thing blaming the indians for game issues nice ,not only are you people unethical you are racist .

Says the guy who called another member an idiot and then claims to be getting bullied? I think this coastal clown might make a trip out to Cranbrook this year and shoot up the joint. Thanks for the invite. ;)

dana
03-04-2013, 10:34 PM
We've already got our holidays booked. Muley Camp 2013 is going to be a nice sweet spot in the Koots.

Weatherby Fan
03-04-2013, 10:49 PM
We've already got our holidays booked. Muley Camp 2013 is going to be a nice sweet spot in the Koots.

Our family goes to Cranbrook every year,we always take a mule deer and a WT deer each,not to mention an elk or 2 for our group.
WF

GoatGuy
03-04-2013, 10:54 PM

We'll be there september chasing sheep around, probably spend a week or two in October as well and maybe a week in November as well. I agree the elk must be on 6 pts as we only saw 38 bulls the first 4 days of the season last year. :tongue:

If you run into a couple out of regioners and another local that spends a day or two working in the EK feel free to stop by for a beer.:wink:

Watch out around crazybrook - it can be the epicenter for the anti-science movement. Lots of people there that don't seem to care enough about wildlife to know why mule deer are down.

Oddly enough sheep are down 50% in 2011 as well in many areas - guess that's from the any buck mule deer season as well??????????????????????

ianwuzhere
03-04-2013, 11:00 PM
no they dont...........
and dont even toss out the idea of making them cost more money$...

Everett
03-04-2013, 11:23 PM
I am pretty sure our new members are the same Sparwood resident who was on the site a few years back. Wasn't very smart than and does not seem to have improved himself in his time away.

Husky7mm
03-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Sorry I didnt read the 9 pages first, but i think the system is decent. Sure lots of folks dont get draw but they are playing the lotto mostly.... 20-1.........80-1 odds. They want to be lucky and hunt a very limited hunt where they want to hunt. i put in low odds. I have had lots of LEH tags and filled almost all of them, but I am willing to travel and try new areas. Its been very rewarding and new country is always worth the price of admisson. I love it, when you dont know what around the next corner there is always much more anstisapation.

If I could improve the system it would be reduced priority to those that get drawn but dont even by a tag cause they didnt care or were not likley to go anyways.

Another thing i would do to imporove the system would be not to LEH but GOS, being able to purchase an easier tag. ie proof of 2-3 uncancelled 6 point bull elk tags for 3-5 point, no leh required. That way participants could look forward to an easier tag to fill but still try every year they buy a tag.

Whonnock Boy
03-05-2013, 01:17 AM
I've said it before, so I'll say it again. I would like to see the second choices come into play if you were picked before another person. This way, people will not be discouraged from putting in for high odds draws such as island elk, but still have a chance at getting a lower odds cow draw say for the Kootenays. The odds of those high odd hunts will naturally go up, but at least everyone can put in for them, and still have a chance at another draw. I was picked first, so I should get an LEH first. Hell! Give us three choices. Pretty easy thing to do if they ever get these flippin' things ONLINE!!!!