PDA

View Full Version : Question i can't find the answer to.... help!

.300Remington-Ultra-Mag
03-03-2013, 12:57 AM
ok... so i live in BC i have my C.O.R.E done but don't have a PAL i am wondering if once i buy my license and tags if i can still hunt with my rifle? i will be hunting along side my dad who has his PAL and C.O.R.E. so what i want to know is when we are hunting is it legal for me to bring and carry my gun while my dad has his own.
thanks for any answers.:)

itsy bitsy xj
03-03-2013, 01:00 AM
Yes, as long as you are within a certain distance of each other and can maintane verbal communication without the use of any device (bukkhorn, walkie-talkie etc.)

.300Remington-Ultra-Mag
03-03-2013, 01:08 AM
awesome i will have to get my PAL soon but for this season i think i can go without now to get my shoulder used to my .300 RUM again :???:

Rhyno
03-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Lots of time till hunting season, why don't you find out when your local instructor is running a challenge of the PAL test. Probably cost $50-$70 and a few hours of your time....problem solved

new hunter
03-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Ive got a buddy in the same boat , if he comes out before his pal he's going to hunt right next to me .
I prefer to hunt solo , but he's pretty green so he'll be right with me for the first couple hunts .
If he gets his confidence up but still doesnt have his PAL he'll be packing his stick gun .
He paid $150 for his crossbow , for that little its nice to have the insurance of having a legal , unlicenced weapon.

sawmill
03-03-2013, 09:19 AM
You have plenty of time,get`er done and then you have no worries.

gutpile
03-03-2013, 09:25 AM
No you can't, if you don't have a PAL you can't use your rifle
you can hunt with a bow but not with a gun. And you can't
use a crossbow ether.

Tuffcity
03-03-2013, 09:38 AM
No you can't,

oh yes you can. Taken from the CFC site:

"Individuals who you do not have a firearms licence, or who are not licensed for the class of firearm they wish to borrow, may borrow the firearm only if they are under the direct and immediate supervision of an appropriately licensed adult (aged 18 or older) and there are no court orders prohibiting them from possessing firearms or other weapons."

RC

Glassman
03-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Hey, thanks for the reminder. My 2 juniors are going to have to get their own PAL. 1 junior is 19 and the other 17.
Anybody know how old you have to be till you can get a PAL? I thought it was 19 here in BC.

Tuffcity
03-03-2013, 10:06 AM
you can't
use a crossbow ether.

A PAL isn't required for non-prohib crossbows.

RC

Glassman: A person can get a minors permit from 12-17, at 18 they can get a regular PAL. My son, who's 18, just got his RPAL.

RC

.300Remington-Ultra-Mag
03-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Tuffcity can u post me a link to that site u got the info from plz.

new hunter
03-03-2013, 09:02 PM
I heard that an RPG tube can be bought without a pal because the projectile moves slower than 500fps. You cant buy the explosive war head though.
I also heard that there is a loophole that allows centre fire belt feeds to have unlimited ammo on the belt because ammo belts are used to sell surplus ammo in bulk and are not considered magazines .
You could buy an AR and add a shrike system ( 5.56 belt feed conversion predating the m249 saw , which now fills that niche ) and shoot a hell of a lot more than a 5rd mag .
Crossbows as I understand do not require a PAL either because they move slower than 500fps.
Also flintlock rifles dont require a PAL either , I believe because they use an outdated munition system.
You can flame me on the RPG comment , and the belt feed comment because its here say , but check out the blackpowder section in cabelas canada , they have several full length flintlocks which do not a licence to purchase .

adriaticum
03-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Tuffcity can u post me a link to that site u got the info from plz.

Here is the link.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/tran-cess-eng.htm

It's true that you can hunt if you don't have a PAL or RPAL.
Ridiculous as it is, it's legal.

Gateholio
03-03-2013, 09:27 PM
You can own a cannon and a tank with no PAL too. But they are difficult to hunt with.

new hunter
03-04-2013, 12:17 AM
You can own a cannon and a tank with no PAL too. But they are difficult to hunt with.

I found a web sight about hunting deer with civil war mountain howitzer ( doing a search for "mountain deer hunting " ).
Basically the guy loaded a cannon with grape shot , flagged off a clearing in the bush and waited for a deer to wander by .
Craziest thing was that it didnt completely destroy the carcass , just punched a few large holes in it .
The guy also had a page on hunting feral cats with some kind of mortar.

Surrey Boy
03-04-2013, 12:38 AM
I found a web sight about hunting deer with civil war mountain howitzer ( doing a search for "mountain deer hunting " ).
Basically the guy loaded a cannon with grape shot , flagged off a clearing in the bush and waited for a deer to wander by .
Craziest thing was that it didnt completely destroy the carcass , just punched a few large holes in it .
The guy also had a page on hunting feral cats with some kind of mortar.

Beverly Hillbilly reruns are not instructional videos.

Gateholio
03-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Here is the link.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/tran-cess-eng.htm

It's true that you can hunt if you don't have a PAL or RPAL.
Ridiculous as it is, it's legal.

People hunted without a PAL for a very long time. ;)

boblly1
03-04-2013, 07:28 AM
its illegal to possess or aquire a firearm without a pal so there for if you go out hunting with your father you must be carrting a rifle that belongs to him as well as being right with him

edgy
03-04-2013, 08:01 AM
not sure that you should be going on a public form and admitting that you have a rifle, but no PAL :( , just a thought

Gateholio
03-04-2013, 08:03 AM
It's legally his dads rifle. No cause for alarm. :)

itsy bitsy xj
03-04-2013, 08:28 AM

Thats starting my Monday morning off with a good laugh :-D

new hunter
03-04-2013, 09:19 AM

Inspiring though .
You should try the rumatiz medicine I used to brew in high school . Stripped the paint right off a pencil .