PDA

View Full Version : WWIA and Nosler magnum TV

chilcotin hillbilly
03-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Did any of you catch the show we did with SGT Major Pat Corcoran and Gary Joseph hunting black bear last spring. What did you think?
The show has been on Wild TV a few time.
Give me some feedback.

03-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Was a good show! That guy litterally was blown up. 600 lb IED? blows his vehicle 90' That man is lucky. I can say i am 110% proud of what they are doing with the Wounded Warrior stuff.

Great show, the only thing that drives me nuts! no body says what Cartridge they are shootin!

Stone Sheep Steve
03-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Caught the very tailend of the show and was wondering if that was the hunt with you from last spring. Will try to catch the repeats.

SSS

Maxx
03-01-2013, 01:17 PM
It was excellent Doug, thanks for doing the great work you do!

chilcotin hillbilly
03-01-2013, 01:18 PM
the reaons they didn't talk about the cartridge is the show was for Nosler and the hunter was shooting a remington rifle and federal ammo. Nosler and remington are direct competitors

chilcotin hillbilly
03-01-2013, 01:20 PM
We have another hero coming in June to hunt again. This one will be filmed for North American Safari and the Bear Whisper. It is great to give back to those who fight for the rest of us.

03-01-2013, 01:24 PM
That makes perfect sense! lol
I did like the show though. That Quad chair looks like it's a hot damned!

Bear Chaser
03-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Haven't seen it yet but I did enjoy the trailer you posted up a while back.

yama49
03-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Thought it was great, very nice blackie he took..

Wild Images
03-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Watched it the other day, great show ! Love that a guy in a wheelchair can kill a great bear by spot and stalk,
beats the hell out of sitting in a tree over a garbage can.
Well done and thanks for caring enough to get involved in this program

WI

goatdancer
03-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Have a quick question. Is the wounded warrior group Canadian? I saw part of the show but nott enough to get all the info. If it is Canadian, I'll have to watch for it.

RiverOtter
03-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Yep, I thought you guys did an excellent job.

Funny thing is, I had just finished watching BOTW, where they shot a frickin' dink bear. I was telling my wife how pathetic most of the bear hunting episodes are on tv and how I'd like to see a show where they actually harvest a respectable size bear.

Your show was the next up, and a nice breath of fresh air from what I'm used to seeing on those shows. The bear at the end that was all beat up from fighting was a pretty good animal too....

Appreciate the shit outta the dudes away from home serving in the military, nice to see them get a little recognition and little bit of pay back for their service......

chilcotin hillbilly
03-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Have a quick question. Is the wounded warrior group Canadian? I saw part of the show but nott enough to get all the info. If it is Canadian, I'll have to watch for it.

No, Pat is American and so is WWIAF. I tried initially to get an Canadian whom was wounded in action but it was tougher then you would think. I believe now there may be an oganization helping wounded vets go hunting. I saw in on a show the other day. I will continue to donatea hunt to WWIAF each year, infact we did a lynx hunt last month and will be doing another bear hunt this spring.
This is not the Wounded Warrior Project we see commercials about, this is a foundation set up by a great caring man whom served 20 years himself as a Ranger and has paid for a pile of hunts out of his own pocket each year.

chilcotin hillbilly
03-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Yep, I thought you guys did an excellent job.

Funny thing is, I had just finished watching BOTW, where they shot a frickin' dink bear. I was telling my wife how pathetic most of the bear hunting episodes are on tv and how I'd like to see a show where they actually harvest a respectable size bear.

Your show was the next up, and a nice breath of fresh air from what I'm used to seeing on those shows. The bear at the end that was all beat up from fighting was a pretty good animal too....

Appreciate the shit outta the dudes away from home serving in the military, nice to see them get a little recognition and little bit of pay back for their service......

Thanks, yes Pat's was a beauty 6'9" and Gary's was 6'2. It was tough getting a spot and stalk bear on camera with a bow. We really only had 3 good opportunities in the week.
One stalk blew up, one Gary missed and the last bear was taken the afternoon of the last day.

RiverOtter
03-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Definately got Karma points on your side.....

Looking forward to upcoming episodes, even more so, now that we got a little background.

new hunter
03-03-2013, 09:11 PM
The hotel I work for has a program so that our timeshare owners can donate there points ( how the timeshare system is set up ) to wounded warriors , as well as the company matching the donation .
One of the few things that they do that I'm proud of , although we could all do a bit more .

Rugernator
03-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Great show. The wounded warriors program is a great idea.