PDA

View Full Version : What maps do you recommend - anything specifically for 6-29?

kayjayess
03-01-2013, 12:21 PM
The last couple of years hunting Stone's we have used a combo of topo maps and google earth/maps. Obviously started out with the topos in 1:50 and 1:250 and then satellite and terrain view in google maps/earth. I had them professionally printed out for the areas we hunted. The satellite images were mediocre to poor however the google topo feature was quite valuable.

With the successful draw for mountain sheep in 6-29 I was considering taking it up a notch.

Has anyone purchased satellite imagery maps from Digital One or Spot Global? Anyone that has hunted in 6-29, what did you utilize for sat view/map stuff - just what was on Google Earth/Maps. Like I mentioned it worked for us in previous years using the free stuff. I would like people's feedback on what worked for 6-29 specifically or generically those that have used purchased sat imagery - has it been worth the money vs the free stuff google offers?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Rodd
03-01-2013, 02:52 PM
I as well use the topo, and sat imagery. I have not been to 6-29, but have been researching it for years.. lol One of these days it will all work out so I can go.. but from what I've seen, the free google imagery is pretty good in the northern part of the zone(recently updated). I would think they are plenty accurate enough to find your Ram! Congrats on your draw, and best of luck on your hunt!

kennyj
03-01-2013, 05:05 PM
1:50,000 topos work well for me. I think you need 3 or 4 of them to cover the area. Most of the terrain is above the tree line so google earth didn't help me that much but still nice to look at.
kenny