PDA

View Full Version : just brought home the new dna from pse

darkside
02-26-2013, 07:09 PM
anybody else shooting the dna from pse yet just wondering how hard it will be to tune up.

TheProvider
02-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Havent shot it yet but have heard great reviews. Suppose to have less tuning issues with the new flex guard.

Shooter
02-26-2013, 07:24 PM
I drew one yesterday and it drew really nice and smooth.

darkside
02-26-2013, 09:08 PM
it is smooth i looked at the revenge but it didn't feel nearly as smooth drawing , it sure is fast havent seen the arrow hit the target yet. still working on getting the rest mounted properly. the first 3 arrows last night where flying sideways. hopefully they will get it right tommorow....or i might try to set it up myself.

mcrae
02-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Mine will be here next week. I went with the all black version. 60# limbs.... Really looking forward to this bow....

Lozzie
02-26-2013, 09:50 PM
What? Arrows flying sideways? Sounds like the bow is irreparably damaged. If you give it to me I will check it out for you and I might even have the problems all worked out by the end of next fall. ;)

it is smooth i looked at the revenge but it didn't feel nearly as smooth drawing , it sure is fast haven't seen the arrow hit the target yet. still working on getting the rest mounted properly. the first 3 arrows last night where flying sideways. hopefully they will get it right tomorrow....or i might try to set it up myself.

dmace
02-26-2013, 10:52 PM
:-D
it is smooth i looked at the revenge but it didn't feel nearly as smooth drawing , it sure is fast havent seen the arrow hit the target yet. still working on getting the rest mounted properly. the first 3 arrows last night where flying sideways. hopefully they will get it right tommorow....or i might try to set it up myself.

Flying sidways is probably directly related to pre shooting liabations ! Most everything you do is sideways so why not shoot that way !:mrgreen:

darkside
02-26-2013, 10:59 PM
i'm trying my best not to lose it deano ........ i thought with all the bow and arrow luck i've had that the luck would change and the arrows would fly straight . working on getting it right this bow's a screamer .....look out blacktails i've got the dna
:-D

Flying sidways is probably directly related to pre shooting liabations ! Most everything you do is sideways so why not shoot that way !:mrgreen:

darkside
03-01-2013, 10:34 PM
well i've got it tuned and the arrows are flying . i'm surprised that it doesn't shoot a little flatter my 20 yard pin dead on about 4 inches low at 30 and never tried the 20 yard pin at 40 thinking it would fall short of the target my next pin was about 6 inches high at 40yards the hard thing i find is if you wanted a pin for 30 40 50 they would be stacked one on top of the other what do you other guys do for pinset up on the flatter shooting bows thanks darkside

TheProvider
03-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Have a look at a thread I started a while back "Sighting in 40yrdpin First."

It will explain why your gap is bigger between your 20 an 30yrd pins than the rest of your pins.

If it doesn't help use a sight with less pins or sight them in for 20, 40 and 60yrds. The DNA is a fast bow no need for as many pins. You could also try a sight with vertical pins or a single moveable pin sight.

todbartell
03-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Ive ordered one in 65# Skull camo, it will replace my 2012 60# skull Revenge.

Gateholio
03-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Ive ordered one in 65# Skull camo, it will replace my 2012 60# skull Revenge.

Gawd you make me laugh. ;)

StoneChaser
03-02-2013, 12:40 PM
well i've got it tuned and the arrows are flying . i'm surprised that it doesn't shoot a little flatter my 20 yard pin dead on about 4 inches low at 30 and never tried the 20 yard pin at 40 thinking it would fall short of the target my next pin was about 6 inches high at 40yards the hard thing i find is if you wanted a pin for 30 40 50 they would be stacked one on top of the other what do you other guys do for pinset up on the flatter shooting bows thanks darkside

Pin gap is not only a function of arrow velocity, but also length of your sight plane. The further out your sight is, the wider your pin gap will be.

I've owned a few of the faster bows on the market and none have been flat shooting enough to skip pins at the longer ranges. You could try a 25 yard pin and then 40,50,60 if you want to free up space.

I started with a 5 pin, then to a 7 pin and finally to a fixed 4 pin (20,30,40,50) on an adjustable sight (Black Gold Ascent).

I only need to dial the sight for shots over 50 yds....keeps the housing free of pin clutter and something I use mainly just to play out to 90+ yds.

Keeps it simple for hunting and 3D but versatile for long range practice.

darkside
03-04-2013, 08:28 PM
thanks to all who replied i set up the 40 yard pin first this worked out perfectly so far it center up nicely and then i set 50 yrd up i had about 9 inches of drop in 10 yards the 40 yrd pin was 4.5 high at 30 didn't have enough light to shoot at 20 but shouldn't take long know that i'm dialed in . was wondering what i might be doing wrong when i shoot the longer ranges 40 50 the arrows seem to hit to the left of center but when i move into 30 i'm dead on straight any thoughts to help.

StoneChaser
03-05-2013, 12:00 AM
If your form is good (not canting your bow) then you need to micro adjust your rest. Google "walk back tuning".

todbartell
03-05-2013, 12:33 AM
get a crossbow