PDA

View Full Version : $8000 worth of Deer Meat destroyed....

CraigOC
02-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Wow, this is worth the short read, maybe the stupidest thing I've heard of all year.

Cliff Notes:

1600 pounds of Venison was thrown into a dumpster and then had Clorox poured on it by Lousiana Health Officals as it is not legal to serve it in a Homeless Shelter.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/health-dept-homeless-cant-eat-deer-meat.html

fishingguy44
02-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Horrible. dont even know what to say

The Dude
02-25-2013, 07:55 PM
The controversy started when someone being fed at the rescue mission complained about being fed deer meat.

Henry Martin, executive director of the mission, told Fox News they’ve been serving deer meat for years – from deer chili to deer spaghetti.
“This was really good meat,” he said. “It’s high in protein and low in cholesterol. It’s very healthy.”

In a related story: Homeless Whiner beaten to death by hungry shelter residents.

Agent Orange
02-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Thats incredibly ignorant. Has the guy who complained not heard the phrase "beggars can't be choosers"?

BearStump
02-25-2013, 08:03 PM
he probably also hasn't heard the phrase "get a haircut and get a real job"

Peter Pepper
02-25-2013, 09:28 PM
he probably also hasn't heard the phrase "get a haircut and get a real job"

Nice, best line of the day

Allen50
02-25-2013, 10:55 PM
guess there not hungry enough to eat game,, shut down
the place servicing the food and then see how hungrey they get,
bet they will cry to have deer meat,, takes all kinds,,,,

Spy
02-26-2013, 12:38 AM
Wow what a waste.

dragonslayer
02-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Shameful is all I can say!

Bowzone_Mikey
02-26-2013, 10:20 AM
is Venison really worth 5 bucks a pound?

some of the money we spend its about 300 bucks /bite ...

ha ...

seriously ... fricken shamefull

lovemywinchester
02-26-2013, 10:23 AM
The homeless are picky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eipl17WpOo

Opinionated Ol Phart
02-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Well just try to donate some sport caught fish to an old folks home and watch what happens........... "Well thank you for your kind offer but we can only serve food purchased from an approved supplier." Health Canada regulations. :(

Farmer
02-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Well just try to donate some sport caught fish to an old folks home and watch what happens........... "Well thank you for your kind offer but we can only serve food purchased from an approved supplier." Health Canada regulations. :(
That may the case in Canada, but in the US, they have a program where hunters can donate venison to feed the hungry.

Moe.JKU
02-26-2013, 04:51 PM
People have to start working for the things they get, to actually appreciate the things they have, and the things they get given to. Tired of watching people complain about free things when they can't afford what they got for free in the first place.

The Dude
02-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Keep in mind it was one whiney dick that complained. I'm sure the others are grateful for a hot meal. Let's not throw away the baby with the bathwater, right?

leblanc
02-26-2013, 08:33 PM
is Venison really worth 5 bucks a pound?

some of the money we spend its about 300 bucks /bite ...

ha ...

seriously ... fricken shamefull

was curious where the dollar value came from as well, but thinkin about it, yeah, it really does get expensive from how much we invest into hunting them

Agent Orange
02-28-2013, 07:07 PM
We helped a co recover an illegally harvested moose a couple of years ago and he told us that the animal would be taken to a local butcher and then the meat would be given to the local food bank.

300H&H
03-03-2013, 07:40 PM
If the homeless complain about eating deer meat, let them get their own food. No hand outs !

Should they complain about lumpy beds, find another place to sleep. GTFO.

300H&H
03-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Just a follow up to my comment.

A homeless guy asked me for some money for food & a coffee.
I said I don't give away my money but if you want I will buy you a sandwich at the coffee shop.
He accepted, but when we went in he said he did not like anything there and left.
Now I don't even offer to buy anything.
Go get a job !!!

jhausner
03-06-2013, 01:43 PM
And this was in the US? I like how they say they need to protect against a serious health risk by eating Deer meat. They do know it is a serious health risk to eat COW in the US too right with all their de-regulation and lack of inspections across the entire country? Maybe they should ban beef and pork. Honestly I think that is more dangerous in the US than any game meat.

Buckmeister
03-06-2013, 07:49 PM
I wonder if the fellow who complained about the meat also complained about there not being any Grey Poupon either?