PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Trophy Cam problems, any ideas???!!!

Mountain Hunter
02-22-2013, 10:09 PM
I bought a Bushnell Trophy cam (8MP brown case) back in 2010-2011 winter. The first cam started out OK, then after a couple days just started taking pics until the cam was full and the batteries were dead, it would just trigger then not stop taking pics, non-stop, every second to 3 seconds until finished. I brought this camera back to where I bought it and they exchanged it, no problem, great service. I received the second cam set it up and it seemed to work fine, for awhile....it was working OK after a few times out so I painted it with camo spray paint, used it a bit more and then all of a sudden the same issue! It sits out for a day or two, then triggers when an animal walks by and doesn't stop taking pics and/or video til everything is either full or batteries are dead!

Does anybody else have/had this problem?

I set it up with lithium, alkaline, and NiMH, doesn't matter, it eventually fails. I tried setting it up again the other night and it charged up and I adjusted all the settings, seemed to work fine and then I turned it off, turned it back on the next day and nothing?????

It seems likes a waste to spend $200 on a cam and it doesn't work, even after returning it once for a new cam. Could it been a bad batch sent to the retailer? I don't think they will take it back with the custom paint job, especially since I moved south (bought the cam in Fort St John) and its a been over a year, and I don't think warranty is good past a year?!

Any thoughts on remedies? Or could anybody use this cam for parts/tinkering? It's now sitting in storage, likely to be never used again. It has a nice camo pattern on it.....

thanks

Carnivore King
02-22-2013, 10:23 PM
I had a trophy cam bone collector do that..bought it around the same time. Now it won't even turn on.

02-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Bought my bone collector in late spring of 2011 and it has been one of the steadiest and most dependable pieces of electronic gadgetry l own.

TheProvider
02-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Never used Bushnell cams. I have heard of this happening quite often. Either you get a great camera or you get a dud.

1980skywalker
02-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Send it back that is a common problem but like others have said once you get a good one it should be alright, they are pretty good about returns. I have returned mine twice and had brand new ones sent back at no charge even though the one time it was clearly my fault as the camera was crushed.

KTownKiller
02-23-2013, 06:54 PM
I've read about these kinds of problems with many of the cams on the market..... I love my Spypoint cams that I got for only $99. :-D They take hundreds of great pics for years in all weather without any issues. They're even made in Canada! Check out http://www.chasingame.com/ for great test reviews of all cams. There's other good ones also, but they say a lot of bad things about Bushnell cams. ( which aren't even made by Bushnell) :?
Hope this helps, KTK

Clint_S
02-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Same thing happened to a fella I know.

He sent it back and got a replacement.
Not yet sure if the new one works.

KTownKiller
02-24-2013, 09:06 PM
I'd rather put out a cam that I know will work. Why put out a Bushnell, or some other crap cam, only to worry about it failing? Check out the reviews, choose a cam that tested well, spend your money on something that will work. Simple! :-D

bridger
02-24-2013, 09:25 PM
I have three of them and they work great!

huntingfamily
02-24-2013, 10:33 PM
I have 2 that get a lot of use year round.
Never had a problem.

VDD Group Canada

~T-BONE~
02-25-2013, 05:12 AM
Mine have been great even after leaving them out afield last season... There still out as we speak with the original batteries too!

Night Hawk 3
03-14-2013, 11:21 PM
The problem you mention can be related to an improperly formatted card. I had this problem with my first Bushnell cams, and using the camera to format the cards solved it. Also, the cheaper cards didn't work all that well.

NH3