PDA

View Full Version : For the bear Hunters out there

doddatto
02-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Check this out if u have the time u will be shocked, maybe learn something new, a guy killed a bear and the government deemed it a new type of bear species the paw was a foot wide stood 11 feet this this is HUGE, took 6 shots to take him down!! lots more too just need to watch it, just makes u think. Im new too hunting so i hope i dont look like a Dumb as*. and im researching everything i can about bear so i know more, Like how to tell male from females ect.

Just check it out

http://youtu.be/qsGrAIa9iCs

Amphibious
02-21-2013, 05:26 AM
The second I hear that Narrator's voice I know it's going to be a drama mongering bullshit fest and turn off the video.

I wouldn't take anything from a show called "Monster Quest" as fact.

Ron.C
02-21-2013, 07:00 AM
yep, just a tad bit overdramtic I'd say.

doddatto
02-21-2013, 08:28 AM
lol its interesting guys it gets a new hunter like me even more excited :)

hunterdon
02-21-2013, 12:56 PM
lol its interesting guys it gets a new hunter like me even more excited :)

Nothing wrong with getting excited new hunter. For some of us older hunters like me, the day that I loose all excitement about hunting is the day that I'll pack away all my hunting gear for good. I did watch all the video. Man, that sure was a big black bear! 900 lbs!

As far as the essence of the video, I'm not convinced that there is a remnant of a supposedly extinct bear species out there somewhere. But, I will accept the possibility of the genes from previous extinct bears may still be here. Those ancient bears may have been bread out of extinction, but the genes may not have been. So, I guess there is a possibility that those genes if they still exist, might surface once again. Of course, that's just my silly opinion.

Anyways, it's always a good idea to keep an open mind about any subject in life. And that certainly includes hunting. Good luck in your future hunting endeavors!

doddatto
02-21-2013, 01:16 PM
thanks man :)

MichelD
02-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Sorry, that is sensationalized crap, to put it mildly. They recycled that same photo of the bloody faced bear that's been going around the Internet for about the last 12 years now with a different story to it every time and even included a shot of a trained movie bear doing a growl for the camera at 00:32. Not credible.