PDA

View Full Version : First Geese!

Sasqman
02-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Three of us got our first goose ever! Pretty exciting morning. 4 down by 8am, home by 10:30. Great way to spend a sunday morning. Oh ya, and the dog had an awesome time too!............Thats what its really all about.

I didn't get any shooting video, but here are a couple of Brookys' retrieves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Z6D9J9frE

http://oi46.tinypic.com/33kxd06.jpg (http://oi46.tinypic.com/33kxd06.jpg)

Angus
02-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Great looking dog, and love to see them so happy while working.

Oh, and congrats on the geese.

Tanya
02-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Well done, congratulations. How are you cooking them?

Moe.JKU
02-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Congrats, still looking for my first this year. They are tough buggers to find, if you don't have access to a lot of private land

Kudu
02-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Well done guys - I can taste those smoked goose breast from here. Great video - nice dog.

Kudu
02-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Congrats, still looking for my first this year. They are tough buggers to find, if you don't have access to a lot of private land

Scouting is the most important part of goose hunting - farmers are friendly, the odd one will say no, but hey if you can't take the occasional rejection don't goose hunt.

Rumor has it Langley farmers are swiming in goose crap. :oops:

Sasqman
02-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Well done, congratulations. How are you cooking them?

Well I am going to put all of the meat in salt water/pinnapple juice over night to try a lighten the taste up a bit for the family.

After that I plan on smoking a couple breasts with a sweet n' spicy marinade.

And for the other breasts, going to do some super thin slices (1/16") marinate in a teryaki sauce overnight, flash fry
in a hot pan, and serve on a toasted bun with melted swiss, or monteray jack, sauted onions and mushrooms, mustard, horseradish and au jus.............kinda like a philly cheeese steak.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

outdoorsk
02-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Great to see someone enjoying their Sunday and congrats on the birds. Looks like the pup enjoyed its day also.

KTownKiller
02-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Well I am going to put all of the meat in salt water/pinnapple juice over night to try a lighten the taste up a bit for the family.

After that I plan on smoking a couple breasts with a sweet n' spicy marinade.

And for the other breasts, going to do some super thin slices (1/16") marinate in a teryaki sauce overnight, flash fry
in a hot pan, and serve on a toasted bun with melted swiss, or monteray jack, sauted onions and mushrooms, mustard, horseradish and au jus.............kinda like a philly cheeese steak.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CONGRATS on the honkers!!! :mrgreen: Let us know how they turn out. I remember trying all kinds of recipes... now I just get them made into pepperoni. :-D

edgy
02-20-2013, 02:36 PM
very cool, that is one happy looking dog :) and congrats on your first geese!

Foxton Gundogs
02-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Congrats great looking dog well done to all

BiG Boar
02-20-2013, 03:16 PM
thats what its all about. Having a good time! Congrats on the geese.

pnbrock
02-20-2013, 03:48 PM
great looking dog!!congrats on the first birds.

yamadirt 426
02-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Nice work. The dog gave me a huge smile and chuckle bringing back the first bird by the ass and then getting kicked in the face. Too much fun. My dog and I are still waiting for our first goose. Congrats !!