PDA

View Full Version : swarovski ballistic turret

mikeboehm
02-15-2013, 07:14 PM
thinking about putting one on my sako 7mm rem mag. they look really easy to use and set up. and if you change bullets you dont have to buy another turret. has anyone used them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKegyDxukHc

02-15-2013, 07:43 PM
No but I use the brx/brh reticles and love them. Worth considering too

tbocking
02-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Ive got the Z5 3.5x18 on my 270WSM and love it. It is very easy to set up but needs to be done at the range as the bullistic calculator they use wasnt perfect for my gun. The number of clicks I had to turn was not exactly as they said i needed to I needed less clicks. If you are going to use it for multiple rounds you will need to set it up for both and keep it written down.
hope this helps if you have more questions feel free to to pm me
Ted

Apolonius
02-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi i just got the Z3.Havent done much yet.To Ted do you have the one it comes with or the one they custom make?You see i am considering of getting one,custom once i figure the type of bullet i will use.I can see you can adjust the standard one it comes with ,but what about the custom???

Rubberfist
02-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi i just got the Z3.Havent done much yet.To Ted do you have the one it comes with or the one they custom make?You see i am considering of getting one,custom once i figure the type of bullet i will use.I can see you can adjust the standard one it comes with ,but what about the custom???

The custom turret is engraved specifically for the load data and atmospheric conditions you supply Swarovski - in other words it only works for one specific load (the same as the engraved turrets by Leupold, Huskemaw, G7, Kenton Industries, etc...). Thus if you want to use a different load, you need another custom turret - again, just like other manufacturers.

The idea is that you can experiment with different loads with the adjustable turret and once you find a good load, you get a custom engraved turret. Note that custom turrets must be ordered through an authorized Swarovski Canadian dealer who has the required clearances (which I am and have).

hunter1993ap
02-16-2013, 12:37 PM
the best way to get a custom turret is to do the work yourself and shoot the ranges that need to be done. count the clicks and your set. things dont always work on paper, but if you actually get out and shoot the ranges you will not have issues.

Apolonius
02-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Yes i know about the custom turret.Thats why i hope to try the new long range Accubonds.At least on paper they look very good.Once the become available i will reload some and give it a try.Then just buy lots of power,primers,bullets so i dont have to change the turret again.While i type that i say to myself"Yea right".By the way Rubberfist do you deal them?

tbocking
02-17-2013, 12:48 PM
I have the one that comes with it. It works great once you get it set.