PDA

View Full Version : octane vs winners choice bow strings

tshort
02-15-2013, 03:32 PM
i have a bowtech destroyer 350 with octane back bone strings which have performed very well for me. but my question is which is better winners choice or octane.. winners choices does have a complete package for the 350 aswell .. ??? thanks

RoscoeP
02-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Well you know the old saying"if it ain't broke don't fix it" I will need strings in a few months for my older hoyt and I have looked at other strings and read reviews etc.
But the ones on Hoyt bows, are made bye Fuse I believe have been so good to me, peep is always straight etc. I think I will stay with them. Cheers Roscoe

StoneChaser
02-16-2013, 06:41 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Bowtech'a factory strings,
I usually shoot them a year before I swap them....top notch! The fuse strings on my new Carbon Element on the other hand aren't impressing
me and are being replaced ASAP with new Strict9 strings (after only a few weeks of shooting)!

I would shoot Octane's again without hesitation though.

Bigbear
02-17-2013, 09:47 AM
If you want the best strings going , Get worlds Best strings. After you put them on after 10 shots they are solid , I have put them on set my pepp and never had t0o reajust, there just that good

tshort
02-17-2013, 03:00 PM
okay thanks for the advice

mikeboehm
02-17-2013, 03:44 PM
look at the reviews lots of people do not like worlds best. this is why i went with jbk strings. 24 month full warranty best in the business. go through donnybrook here on hbc

mikeboehm
02-17-2013, 03:46 PM
this like has mu pics of my jbk strings. i put them on my omen pro and i gained speed lots of it

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?92083-new-bow-strings

tshort
02-17-2013, 06:16 PM
ya donnybrook was very good at getting a hold of me once i started the thread the pricing is very good.. just wanting a few more reviews from others.. but they look great. i would like mine in black and red i think that would look good on my 350. just wish it was blacked out and not camo but still a great looking bow

RoscoeP
02-17-2013, 07:59 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Bowtech'a factory strings,
I usually shoot them a year before I swap them....top notch! The fuse strings on my new Carbon Element on the other hand aren't impressing
me and are being replaced ASAP with new Strict9 strings (after only a few weeks of shooting)!

I would shoot Octane's again without hesitation though.

I was surprised when I read this about the Fuse strings, as mine have lasted so long and peeps stayed straight etc. How ever today at a 3-D shoot north of Parksville the fellow I was shooting with told me he has been replacing his every 6 months. His bow is an Alpha burner which has a more radical cam so maybe that has something to do with it. Cheers Roscoe

Bowzone_Mikey
02-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Factory strings ... all factory strings .. are Crap IMHO ... a great custom set of hand built strings will go a long way.

I love Worlds best on my Hoyts and Bowtechs ... But truth be told I went in a differant direction with my last couple of sets for my Elites ... I went through Donny to get the best 2 sets of 452x string and cable sets I have ever seen. Both sets have been on since August ... I have shot them in and sighted .. on my answer I have hunted ever so briefly with em ... On my Pure I shoot a 600 round twice/week minimally plus a bunch of fun stuff whenever I get a chance ... they still look brand new ... after shooting in the dust bowl this weekend ... they still look great

ALC
03-10-2013, 12:16 AM
i have a bowtech destroyer 350 with octane back bone strings which have performed very well for me. but my question is which is better winners choice or octane.. winners choices does have a complete package for the 350 aswell .. ??? thanks

Over the years, I have tried many string manufacturers. Now, all five (two target, two 3D and one hunting) of my bows sport Vaportrail Strings and cables. The price is always right, I can get any color I want, the service is quick, there is no peep twist no matter the weather, and Vaportrail staff are very easy to work with. In the past ten years, I have won 12 state/provincial titles in 3D and Target archery as well as 7 Canadian Outdoor 3D Championships and two Canadian Indoor Championship. Every title was won using Vaportrail strings and cables. I refuse to compromise.