PDA

View Full Version : Hit Yet Another Doe!!!!!!!

husky30-06
02-15-2013, 10:02 AM
soooooo....... i have been driving BC roads for years, during all kinds of weather, times of day, highways and back roads!!!!! so, in past 14 months i have hit three deer with my vehicles. the total amount of deer i have hit in my driving years is.......... three!! i hit one with the car $3500 damage to the front, one year later same spot, $1000 damage to the car, just a week ago with the truck, about $2000 damage to the front............ next plan? big-ass bumper for the truck and the car only drives off season..............

hunter1947
02-15-2013, 10:07 AM
For what it coasts for a big ram bumper it will pay for its self in no time,,,but watch soon as you do this you won't hit another deer LOL :wink:..

ruger#1
02-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Why don't you get them to move the deer crossing signs. Then the deer would have a safer place to cross,And you wouldn't hit them anymore. http://youtu.be/CI8UPHMzZm8 http://youtu.be/JB1yEcdomt0

Jelvis
02-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Driving from Kamloops you can hit deer, on the Yellowhead by McClure or on Westside road is another by the Oconner Lake turnoff or Six Mile hill by Savona. Be very careful at night and early mornings, slow down and look but they jump out of the ditch along the roads real fast and WHACK.
These areas are good hunting in fall too.
Jel . In the Loops.

GoatGuy
02-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Interesting I heard there weren't any deer left, which would make it impossible to hit one, never mind three. Maybe we should close the hunting season, then fewer deer will be hit??

The Dude
02-15-2013, 05:49 PM
We need more Wolves.

Jelvis
02-15-2013, 05:56 PM
My buddy was braggin how he never hit a deer, because the people that do are speeding when they hit the mowitch.
Then by Oconner Lake turnoff BAM, there goes the grill and bumper on his Datsoon.
I laughed because at least he dint get hurt, like another fella I know totalled his chevy by Vinsula, CRUNCH!
Deer all over Kammy in all directions. N/S/E/W of dah loopy town. Saw a big four that was killed by McClure when hit.
Mornings and evenings and at night THUD!
Jel .. Kamloops is looking pretty -- it's Deer City ..

husky30-06
02-15-2013, 06:52 PM
speed you say? lol, funny the first one jumped out from in front of the truck just ahead of me in the right lane, no where to go..................... second a year later in the same spot, same time i was caught in traffic and she was running directly at me. just clipped that one with the car as she jumped the meridian and the one recent hit.................. in the truck and merging onto the highway same time of morning, looked left for traffic and BAM!!!!!!!! done

jtred
02-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Yep me too. Almost 30 years of driving and I'd never hit an animal(in N. America anyhow, those kangaroos and wallabys in Australia are downright suicidal) and last spring on the way out turkey hunting bam! right into the side of my previously undented 97 Dodge. I still haven't bothered to fix it and I probably won't, after all it is a 97 Dodge. How exactly can you avoid a deer that charges straight into the side of your vehicle when you are clipping along at 80km? All I caught was a glimpse of movement and then there was this deer pancaked to the side of my truck. Quite a shock at 5:00am. Probably more so for the deer.

rcar
02-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Might be time to grab a 649 ticket!

albravo2
02-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Anybody else noticed that they are less likely to have an ungulate impact while driving a diesel powered vehicle? I've had some bad luck (and a nasty concussion) while driving gas machines but only had to hit the brakes once or twice in my diesel truck. I've shared this observation in the past and been told that the whine of the turbo diesel is like a deer whistle.

trapperRick
02-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Speed kills

aggiehunter
02-15-2013, 09:57 PM
yah if you keep killin those deer on the road the ministry won't know where to count 'em....

hunter1947
02-16-2013, 04:21 AM
I would think that there would be more deer,elk killed at night time hours the way some people drive I have noticed that many drive over the speed limit at night sometimes 30k over the posted speed making it harder to see and slow down when they see animals near the road way.

When I usually travel at night its from midnight to 5am when I will be under the speed limit not much traffic at this time and if a truck ,car or tractor trailer pull up behind me I pull over and let them go ,,I do understand that not all people that drive at night will go under the posted speed and that its there decision to make that call....

I also save gas by doing this especially if it is a long trip ,,,I may not get there as fast as the other person but I have a better chance on getting there safely the time factor might be 30 min on a long haul but whats 30 min out of my time ,,for it means nothing..