PDA

View Full Version : kenetrek mnt extreme boots ?

leadpillproductions
02-12-2013, 06:18 PM
I've. Decided to get a good sheep hunting boot . I was wondering if any one have used these boots ? And would u get. The 400 gr insulation ones or the non insulated ones

hunter1993ap
02-12-2013, 06:28 PM
i have the non insulated ones. they are a year old and are at the factory for waranty work. they are covered but still a pain. they are a great boot otherwise. the rubber around the boot and the front part by the toe is seperating.

snareman1234
02-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Soles wear fast if you hike lots

Keta1969
02-12-2013, 06:50 PM
I have them with the 400g insulation. This was my first full year of hunting with them mostly on the Island and mule deer in the interior,lots of walking in all terrain but not sheep country. My previous boots were miendl's ,thought I'd try the Kenetrek,s because of hearing of some quality control problems with Miendl. They are warm early in the season but but not uncomfortably so and I have warm feet.They have stood up real well and have stayed waterproof so far.The boot is well constructed and maybe a little stiffer than some would like but for sheep that's probably a good thing. My only negative comment is that they just didn't anchor my foot in the boot like the miendl's did . I know it's not a sizing problem but I got so used to my foot not moving at all in my previous boots that a little bit is noticeable. I won't be throwing them out but when they are done will probably go back to miendl.

604redneck
02-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Soles wear fast if you hike lots

yup but with fast wearing sole u have a softer rubber which will have more grip....just the way it goes though

BCbillies
02-12-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm sticking with Meindl as they've been solid. Best thing would be to try on different boots and see what fits best. I typically replace a sole every three years . . . would be a pain to replace every year!

RiverOtter
02-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Keta, have you upgraded the foot bed?

I bought a pair of "Sole" foot beds last year, and after a days use, was kicking myself for not going that route years ago. A nice deep heel cup that moulds with use, a great arch support, and when you tighten your laces, your foot is one with your boots.....

Keta1969
02-12-2013, 10:36 PM
RiverOtter,Thanks I was going to give that a try ,I'll have a look for them.

WKCotts
02-13-2013, 07:44 PM
I have the 400s and love em. Comfy as hell, no blisters, no breakin - not a drip of water got thru those things (walked straight up creeks with the gaiters on).

358mag
02-13-2013, 08:10 PM
RiverOtter,Thanks I was going to give that a try ,I'll have a look for them.

2X have the same Kenetrek boots fit like a glove when new after a "few' hard trips had the same problem with heel lifting called and talk the Kenetrek they said to upgrade the insole got a set of Sole inserts problem fixed .

MattW
02-13-2013, 10:16 PM
I think they're a great boot. I've been using mine for 3 seasons now and they've held up well. I've been is some gnarly terrain and have never had a rolled ankle or any foot issues at all. They're comfortable, supportive and grip well. My feet stay dry. I've got the uninsulated ones and they've been great for me but I've been using them mostly for early season sheep hunts. They're a great boot but whether they are the right boot for you only you know.