PDA

View Full Version : whats everyone using for optic cleaning

mikeboehm
02-11-2013, 11:14 PM
i just picked up a pair of swarovski EL swarovision binos and im wondering what you use to clean the lenses.

lip_ripper00
02-11-2013, 11:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzcj2HX5QHE

BCRiverBoater
02-13-2013, 08:01 PM
I have the Zeiss cleaning kit but for every day use while backpacking/hiking I carry a lens pen. The lens pen is a must due to the soft brush. The Zeiss kit has a brush as well. Just remember to tilt your binos up and use the brush first. If there is any sand or grit on the lense even the softest cloth/wipe will still scratch your lenses. I just sold a pair of the SL's that were 10 years old and the lenses were like new.

Never ever use your finger or shirst. I know it is tempting when the lenses are wet from rain or your breathe on a damp day while hunting but this will scratch them instantly.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Lens pen....and a soft optical cloth in a cover for moisture (Spudz- type).

SSS

Mountain Hunter
03-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Lens pen....and a soft optical cloth in a cover for moisture (Spudz- type).

SSS
Ditto, at the very least but 3 or 4 optical lens cloths. Watch for dirt on the lens and those scratches though.....

RiverOtter
03-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Blow off any loose debris, then rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip; a dab and twist motion for the tough spots, no rubbing. I follow that up with a light cleaning using a mild sunglass cleaner and a Leupold scope "towel".

Best cleaning method I've found though, is preventative. A set of BC flip ups on the objective end of binos and both ends of rifle scopes, goes a long way towards less cleaning.....