PDA

View Full Version : watch your vehicals!!

nolan-sawka
02-11-2013, 05:23 PM
went up quadding on sunday near antler beach in peachland me and my buddy had our trucks parked right on the side of the high way. came back and some piece of sh*t smashed out my front passenger window and took my radar detector and some cds, made a total mess. found a screw driver under my truck he tried to jam it in the weather stripping on a few windows and couldnt get in i guess so he chucked a rock through my window. didnt touch my buddys older truck at all. looks like he didnt have much room cause all my doors where unlocked and he didnt take my 2 12' subs and amp in a ported box thankfully. just thought id let you guys know to watch what you leave in your rigs around that area anyways.

monasheemountainman
02-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Too bad! Sooty to hear that man thank for the heads up

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
02-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss of items. Too bad the police didn't see the person throwing the rock.

tracker
02-11-2013, 06:19 PM
went up quadding on sunday near antler beach in peachland me and my buddy had our trucks parked right on the side of the high way. came back and some piece of sh*t smashed out my front passenger window and took my radar detector and some cds, made a total mess. found a screw driver under my truck he tried to jam it in the weather stripping on a few windows and couldnt get in i guess so he chucked a rock through my window. didnt touch my buddys older truck at all. looks like he didnt have much room cause all my doors where unlocked and he didnt take my 2 12' subs and amp in a ported box thankfully. just thought id let you guys know to watch what you leave in your rigs around that area anyways.

TOO bad , I know the spot off the highway going up into garnet valley. Please look at the regulations before you post this on hbc, that area is a motor vehicle closed area from jan 1 to april 30 .Cheers

Stone Sheep Steve
02-11-2013, 06:26 PM
TOO bad , I know the spot off the highway going up into garnet valley. Please look at the regulations before you post this on hbc, that area is a motor vehicle closed area from jan 1 to april 30 .Cheers

Yes, see map J22 in the regs.

I was hiking in there a couple of weeks ago and saw some ATVers. I completely forgot about the closure or I would have mentioned it to them.

Sorry to hear about your vehicle. That's crappy.

landphil
02-11-2013, 06:30 PM

The closure applies to areas off the main trail or trails, its not a complete and total closure with a map showing what is and is not closed, IIRC.

Sucks about the sewer rats striking, don't leave anything of value in sight in a parked vehicle.

SUAFOYT
02-11-2013, 07:44 PM
They were talking about how important it is in the LM to keep all items out of sight. Is it so bad that some motherless POS in what is mainly a rural area has to get into the act? Seems you can't go pretty much anywhere without this kind of thing going on. My wife and I just got back from a full day in Kamloops, and once again we didn't lock any doors. One of these days we're going to wish we did:(

Stone Sheep Steve
02-11-2013, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=landphil;1287517]The closure applies to areas off the main trail or trails, its not a complete and total closure with a map showing what is and is not closed, IIRC.
That's what I first thought after talking to one of the bios but the map in the regs seems to provide different info? Haven't seen the maps posted at the access points.

I parked my truck "near" the hwy a couple of yrs ago. Someone broke into my canopy and left me a steaming coiler. Luckilly it was cold outside. Didn't take anything which was thoughtful of them.

SSS

tracker
02-11-2013, 08:20 PM
The closure applies to areas off the main trail or trails, its not a complete and total closure with a map showing what is and is not closed, IIRC.

Sucks about the sewer rats striking, don't leave anything of value in sight in a parked vehicle.

The open lined roads are the only roads that are open to go through that area,and is no where near highway 97 . This area is closed for motor vehicles from jan 1 to april 30. There are signs out there that prohibit motor vehicles from going off designated roads and trails for the rest of the year. Look at the map on page 89 of the regulations map 22 garnet valley.

Singleshotneeded
02-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Yuuuuup! If you leave your VEHICLE parked on the side of the highway almost anywhere you're asking for trouble, if it
looks like there might be ANYTHING remotely valuable in the cab. Take all your stuff out before you go do something
where you'll be abandoning your vehicle for a long time, open the empty glove box so the scum bags can see there's
nothing of value in there...and put a sign on the seat, "Look up and smile for me looking at you through my rifle scope!".
Peace, love, and dry gunpowder!

rides bike to work
02-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Yes if the regs maps aren't clear enough for you call the dfo get past around to multiple agency's for hours on hold without any clear answers then give up and stay at home or go out anyway and risk someone from Hbc calling rapp on you then you can have a debate with a co on how you interpret the regs wich you will probably have to show him seeing as even the cos don't know every detail from the regs of hand and seeing he is responding to a call he probably hasn't had time to check the regs so hopefully he's a good guy and you can have a long talk about your interpretation of the regs but if he doesn't like quaders he'll probably fine you and let the court sort it out we're you could probably argue you aren't a hunter therefore have no reason to read the regs as well the spot you accessed the area wasn't posted and they will probably rule on your side seeing as you can get away with murder in Bc

sorry to hear about your radar detector funny the thiefs stole your tool that helps you break the law

crazzy world we live in

landphil
02-11-2013, 09:10 PM
The open lined roads are the only roads that are open to go through that area,and is no where near highway 97 . This area is closed for motor vehicles from jan 1 to april 30. There are signs out there that prohibit motor vehicles from going off designated roads and trails for the rest of the year. Look at the map on page 89 of the regulations map 22 garnet valley.

Yup, have seen the "highly detailed" map in the regs, and from what I can tell, the northern boundary for the closure is Harding Rd and the dirt road that it turns into. Then the two access points off of it that run all the way to garnett valley road are the "open lined" roads, no? A good part of that dashed line road is the paved, public, garnett valley road, so I assume they mean the dashed line when they say "open lined". Is me wrong?

hunter1993ap
02-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Yup, have seen the "highly detailed" map in the regs, and from what I can tell, the northern boundary for the closure is Harding Rd and the dirt road that it turns into. Then the two access points off of it that run all the way to garnett valley road are the "open lined" roads, no? A good part of that dashed line road is the paved, public, garnett valley road, so I assume they mean the dashed line when they say "open lined". Is me wrong?

the green line that goes through from summerland to peachland is the only road open. and there are a lot of people who dont seem to know its closed,, or just dont care. was out for a hike on sunday and someone had pounded the ceanothis with a quad with tracks, not what i wanted to see, especially in a closed area.

i emailed the local co and got a map for clarification. not sure how to get it up here but i'll give it a try.

boxhitch
02-11-2013, 09:40 PM
When the intent of this closure first came up , it was suggested that the road have signs posted with clear maps. Another fail ?

hunter1993ap
02-11-2013, 09:42 PM
When the intent of this closure first came up , it was suggested that the road have signs posted with clear maps. Another fail ?

pretty much, the signs are an 8x10 peice of paper. i can see why people dont see them. kinda frustrating why there isnt a peice of plywood clearly showing the map.

wildcatter
02-11-2013, 10:01 PM
and put a sign on the seat, "Look up and smile for me looking at you through my rifle scope!"

Like that quote, haha

tracker
02-11-2013, 11:05 PM

The most northern boudary is peachland creek,on the other side of that to the north is the access highway " princeton ave " . You can use the dashed line to run a motor vehicle on which runs straight through from princeton ave in peachland to jones flat road in summerland.

Realy if people quad and sled and hike around this area the map is a no brainer , some just like to confuse it for others. I am playing by the rules set out in the regs so why should the next guy play dumb to them.

nolan-sawka
02-12-2013, 03:54 PM
hhahaha should have known not to post anything cant say a thing on here without breaking the law. sorry to start a debate. didn't know it was closed for that time? seems stupid there's tons of people quadding up there? don't see why you cant. anyways just tried to warn ppl about idiots breaking in to vehicles.

nolan-sawka
02-12-2013, 03:55 PM
this site is gettin ridiculous. im over it. ill use it to buy guns thats it! cya

yamadirt 426
02-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Seems like a good place to setup and bust thieves and off roaders and also seems like the guys were giving you a nice heads up trying to save you more head aches. See ya

lineofsight
02-12-2013, 05:22 PM
hhahaha should have known not to post anything cant say a thing on here without breaking the law. sorry to start a debate. didn't know it was closed for that time? seems stupid there's tons of people quadding up there? don't see why you cant. anyways just tried to warn ppl about idiots breaking in to vehicles.

Posting on here is not breaking the law but not following regulations is. The preceding posters provided helpful guidance on where the regulations can be found and in their interpretation without treating you rudely. No need to blame people trying to help you understand the regulations (and keep you out of trouble) for your problems.

Appreciate the headsup on the thievery. Keep an eye on craigslist etc. for your missing items. Found a canopy that had walked off a truck that way.

SSS, were you able to track the perpetrator based on what they had eaten?

Stone Sheep Steve
02-12-2013, 06:25 PM

I wouldn't sweat it as it's a new regulation and, obviously, there needs to be some better clarification on the restrictions, especially at the access points.

The restriction was brought into place to allow the deer to feed peacefully during early green-up when their energy reserves are at their lowest. There ARE tonnes of people quadding up there and cutting new trails all of the time. Erosion is also a big issue.

This isn't my opinion. It's what the bio told me just before the reg was put into place.

SSS

Glassman
02-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Phone me at 250-861-7717(Platinum Auto Glass) and I will get you the best price I can on fixing that broken glass.
May be we can trade for something.

aggiehunter
02-14-2013, 10:58 PM
theres a stain doing some stuff around our farming area...a trail cam is placed near parked rigs from now on...

300H&H
02-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Damn that sucks.

If I am thinking of the same place...I have parked there lots and no problems...YET !

I take my quad up there and to the best of my knowledge there is no closure to ATVs. Again...if it is the same area.

300H&H
02-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Phone me at 250-861-7717(Platinum Auto Glass) and I will get you the best price I can on fixing that broken glass.
May be we can trade for something.

Two thumbs up for Glassman !

Very nice of you to do that.

Have you ever thought of offering HBC members any specials ?

Jelvis
02-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Don't feel so sorry for yourself, in Kamloops you see dozens of vehicles with plastic on the side windows.
Dozens broken in right in town.
Jel .. prolly happen again ..

358mag
02-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Don't feel so sorry for yourself, in Kamloops you see dozens of vehicles with plastic on the side windows.
Dozens broken in right in town.
Jel .. prolly happen again ..

In town or on the Rez ????

Jelvis
02-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Most of the ones I see are on the north shore, you see vehicles with windows blown out, with plastic covering the window place. Smash and grabsters. As long as you have a vehicle you can expect to have a break in, anywhere.
Thieves are around as everyone knows and you can expect to get broke into like any one else. That's why we have insurance and locks because some people steal.
I don't live on a rez, I live on the north shore of Kammy. I don't have any vehicles so I don't need to watch them anymore. That's the only way to not worry, have none then it can't be broke into. Otherwise if you have a vehicle outside you look constantly after dark to see if it's ok, everyone does this that has a nice car or truck.
Some guys key the cars also, scratch the side of the car or truck. Some paint the vehicle with spray cans.
And on and on.
Lock your vehicle, keep valuables out of sight.
Jel .. You toucha my car, I toucha your face lol .. Good luck with the thieves in your town ..

ruger#1
02-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Most of the ones I see are on the north shore, you see vehicles with windows blown out, with plastic covering the window place. Smash and grabsters. As long as you have a vehicle you can expect to have a break in, anywhere.
Thieves are around as everyone knows and you can expect to get broke into like any one else. That's why we have insurance and locks because some people steal.
I don't live on a rez, I live on the north shore of Kammy. I don't have any vehicles so I don't need to watch them anymore. That's the only way to not worry, have none then it can't be broke into. Otherwise if you have a vehicle outside you look constantly after dark to see if it's ok, everyone does this that has a nice car or truck.
Some guys key the cars also, scratch the side of the car or truck. Some paint the vehicle with spray cans.
And on and on.
Lock your vehicle, keep valuables out of sight.
Jel .. You toucha my car, I toucha your face lol .. Good luck with the thieves in your town .. Yes it is to bad. And if they get caught and go to court, They get let out the same day. What they do need is a shit kicking to turn their life around for the better. Seems they are not learning a thing going to our courts.

Jelvis
02-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Theft under 5000 dollars so if you steal under 5000 dollars worth it's a small conviction, and there are prolific offenders around every town with over 50 convictions and still walking the streets and never got jail time.
One fella was moving stuff with his girlfriend from the car to the house in Burnaby and the girl put his expensive lap top and case down outside for a minute with a nice movie camera also in the bag with some other stuff and came out and seen a guy running away with his stuff, gone.
Whose fault? The girlfriend who put the stuff down and took her eyes off of course, cuz we all know these buggers are opportunists and steal anything not tied down.
Eventually some thing we have will be damaged or stolen when we take our eyes off for a moment, POOF, Gone.
Accept it and move on.
(PAWN) Stars

ruger#1
02-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Theft under 5000 dollars so if you steal under 5000 dollars worth it's a small conviction, and there are prolific offenders around every town with over 50 convictions and still walking the streets and never got jail time.
One fella was moving stuff with his girlfriend from the car to the house in Burnaby and the girl put his expensive lap top and case down outside for a minute with a nice movie camera also in the bag with some other stuff and came out and seen a guy running away with his stuff, gone.
Whose fault? The girlfriend who put the stuff down and took her eyes off of course, cuz we all know these buggers are opportunists and steal anything not tied down.
Eventually some thing we have will be damaged or stolen when we take our eyes off for a moment, POOF, Gone.
Accept it and move on.
(PAWN) Stars So why is it when they steel a bait car. They are let out after court. And Accept it and move on. Is not good enough. There is one pawn shop in this town that has had to give property back to the original owners. Glad to see the pawn shop loosing money.

Jelvis
02-16-2013, 10:05 PM
The cops can't hold people in the lil jail they have. The person needs to have a court date. Once charged and fingerprinted and a photo. Court case might take two years to get to b4 it even happens.
If you got charged today, you wouldn't see the court house for two years.
Your vehicle has insurance so the insurance will cover it, leave the law to the lawyers it's not your business to punish the public.
We don't need vigilanty public, leave it to the educated.

ruger#1
02-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Yes my truck is insured. Are you going to pay my deductible. The police are even tired of the revolving door.

Jelvis
02-16-2013, 10:17 PM
No one asked them to become a cop, they wanted to be one themselves, so they should accept the law and the way it's done by a process. If they don't like it now, should of thought about that b4 they wanted to do the job.
You pay your deductable or don't that's up to you. No one asked you to buy a vehicle that was your choice, so obey the law or drive without insurance. That's life. It don't matter to me that's your problem. I sold all my vehicles.
Jel .. Be happy don't bring others down .. not worth losing hair over, are you bald by chance lol.

ruger#1
02-16-2013, 10:21 PM
It's funny how the law protects criminals. Some people like hiding behind it. What ever good night.

500grhollowpoint
02-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Boy that didn't take long for the holier than thou douches to come out what a bunch of ***tards. This site sucks.

ruger#1
02-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Who are you talking about?

ruger#1
02-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Ha Ha Jel, He must be talking about us.

300H&H
02-17-2013, 12:41 AM
Yes it is to bad. And if they get caught and go to court, They get let out the same day. What they do need is a shit kicking to turn their life around for the better. Seems they are not learning a thing going to our courts.

Sure they learned something...they learned that they don't have to be held resposible for their actions and that crime does pay better than a 9-5 job.

Yes my truck is insured. Are you going to pay my deductible. The police are even tired of the revolving door.

I have a friend with the RCMP and he says they do their job but the courts don't give a damn so these loosers get off with a slap on the wrist and are back on the streets doing the same thing.

Drillbit
02-17-2013, 01:49 AM
Didn't read this thread till now because of the spelling mistake in the title.

Read the entire thing and the concern of the Saints regarding MV access pissed me off again.

The area is closed so the deer can feed on the early greening up vegetation is the intent of the closure......whatever (wishy washy). Closure should be March & April then, but still a Bullshit closure.

Guys that go through getting a Pal, and CORE know there are rules follow in the outdoors and respect them. Guys that have never been in the outdoors, and buy a ATV or SUV don't give a **** about "rules" and ride where they want. This is the majority of ATV owners, full gear and giver'. They are not checking into the "regs" before they go into an area. (not in any way trash talking the op because I, may or may not have, gone into closed areas before without knowing and doing the extensive research and cross referencing).

Today was a prime example for me. Read the "7 wonders of BC" thread by the Dude.....trainwreck of a thread btw. Decided to take the old Skidoo into Cameron ridge, been there a few times and it's beautiful. Parked and went to unload after spending a few hours to get there, and there's a big sign now, area is CLOSED for skidoos, winter Caribou habitat project. No unloading there.
OK, wolves/preds follow the skidoo tracks into the area and kill off the herds, makes sense. BUT, there's lots of skidoo tracks heading into there. On the way out, ran into a hardcore sledder buddy unloading back towards town and asked him about the tracks. "THEY PATROL THE AREA TWICE A WEEK to make sure nobody is going in there" was his answer.

So, close the area to the taxpaying public to keep the caribou safe by keeping out predators that follow skidoo tracks. Then, patrol the area twice a week by skidoo. ******ed. Patrol it by helicopter with a side-door-gunner for wolves, and be productive and actually make a difference.

tracker
02-17-2013, 07:51 AM
I agree it is a bullshit closure, the time of year should be changed to march 1 to june 1 . Keeps the 4x4ing scum out that like to tear up winter grounds and fawning areas, when at there most vulnerable.

Yet again I follow the rules set out by our higher ups [ don't meen to be a saint ] so should you. Recieved word that the area is getting some attention by our local CO 's and are handing out fines on a regular basis. This is good news, thanks.

hunter1993ap
02-17-2013, 08:40 AM
I agree it is a bullshit closure, the time of year should be changed to march 1 to june 1 . Keeps the 4x4ing scum out that like to tear up winter grounds and fawning areas, when at there most vulnerable.

Yet again I follow the rules set out by our higher ups [ don't meen to be a saint ] so should you. Recieved word that the area is getting some attention by our local CO 's and are handing out fines on a regular basis. This is good news, thanks.

i dont agree with you about a closure from march to june, but i would agree with a closure from december 1st to june31. this would keep people from pressuring animals in the middle of winter and from the 4x4s.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-17-2013, 10:03 AM

Yes, heard the CO's were up there yesterday handing out big fines.

Was up there for a quick yote hunt again yesterday morning. Place is absolutely pounded with ATV tracks. Lots of damage. I would love to think it's the uneducated ATVers who don't hunt that are tearing up the country but I suspect it's the lazy shed hunters as there were tracks around every clump of trees and bushes.

Signage needs a huge improvement. 8.5x11" signs don't get enough att'n.

SSS

hunter1993ap
02-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Yes, heard the CO's were up there yesterday handing out big fines.

Was up there for a quick yote hunt again yesterday morning. Place is absolutely pounded with ATV tracks. Lots of damage. I would love to think it's the uneducated ATVers who don't hunt that are tearing up the country but I suspect it's the lazy shed hunters as there were tracks around every clump of trees and bushes.

Signage need a huge improvement. 8.5x11" signs don't get enough att'n.

SSS

agreed, lazy shed hunters, they need bigger signs but with the amount of guys talking about it most probably already know.

twinpeaks3
02-17-2013, 11:03 AM
alot of the people our there on motorized toys have never read the regs, dont hunt and have no idea there are rules to follow. Yes there needs to be proper signage at trail heads. People need to be made aware of where to look for rules regarding off road travel because there cannt be signs everywhere.

nolan-sawka
02-17-2013, 04:02 PM
yeah tons of damage ...to the melting snow? hahaha ohhh man.

SPEYMAN
02-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Most ATV riders are not destructive individuals.Just like most hunters are not poachers.It is just that the ATV users that are not responsible are the ones you see and hear about,just like poachers.Making uneducated claims and statements are of no benefit to anyone.Most ATV riders are very aware of the environment and do not ride in sensative areas.They ride on established trails.

Quad Riders Association of B.C. is an organization that promots a "tread lightly" programn and safe sensible operation of ATVs.

Singleshotneeded
02-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Just open glove box so scumbags can see it's empty, open console to show it's empty, and put your stuff on your
work bench before you go park somewhere like that. A buddy has a little sign on his truck, support the red and the
white...he doesn't but no one wants a piece of that action. Main things is, an empty truck with everything open and
showing there's NOTHING of value inside won't attract scumbags! Radar detectors are #1 on the wish list of all scum,
especially the Rocky Mountain ones with built-in radar scramblers!! :-D

ruger#1
02-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Put a card in you window of a target. With the caption below. Do you realy want to take the chance.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-17-2013, 07:20 PM
yeah tons of damage ...to the melting snow? hahaha ohhh man.

Melting snow isn't usually mud colored.
I was going to take some pics but it was pissing rain.

SSS

Allen50
02-17-2013, 11:34 PM
set up a trail cam to watch your trucks wshile out rideing,, then you can see whos doing this,, then kick butt or go to the cops with pic,,, makes a good ride crappy to come back to a truck broken into,,,

Glassman
02-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Two thumbs up for Glassman !

Very nice of you to do that.

Have you ever thought of offering HBC members any specials ?

Yes, would love to give HBC members specials, especially if something broke because of crappy luck. And a lot of times I don't mind trading. I've had some HBC members help my 2 juniors and myself to get a deer and I totally believe in "Pay-it-forward"