PDA

View Full Version : Wolf hunting Region 7A

powell
02-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Folks
Have gone out a few times looking for wolves. Had a few chances in the past but have recently decided that it would be good to act on it and now havent seen any since. I bought a Foxpro call and have set it up a few times with no luck..
Any hints on areas, or types of calls to use, or duration of call would be greatly appreciated.

I know there is alot of experience out there...PM or post
Thanks

BlacktailStalker
02-11-2013, 04:58 PM
I bought one for the same reason, never had any luck so sold it.
That being said, don't give up ! I would stick to wolf howls (a lot of the ones I found sucked) and/or hounds treeing.
For the hounds let it go non stop (like in real life) in a depression somewhere, where you can sit up and look down on the obvious ridges or funnels where you would think they come in (especially if you know they are familiar with the area I would think is the place to set up, wolves are smart, the more confidence they might have the better)
I would think your best time to use these would be from now til may because the landsharks will be looking for love and when the baby landsharks hit the ground they'll be very territorial and protective of them. If you were fortunate enough to know where these denning areas were it could work in your favour.

bowhunterbruce
02-11-2013, 05:22 PM
i just picked up a foxpro as well, my plan is going to be to set up a coyote decoy on a pipeline and try calling them out . i just need a coyote decoy nfor my plan to be complete and ya never know maybe a stupid coyote might even come within rtange at the same time. how perfect would that be.
bhb