PDA

View Full Version : Cougar kill

pipe-it
02-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Found a fresh cougar kill yesterday while shed hunting
wondering if should go back to area and wait in a tree for his return
Found kill site then a drag into thick cover
did not enter thick cover as i had a scoped rifle 243
Going back today with a 12 guage and some buck shot mabey he is atill in area?

adamgarbett
02-10-2013, 01:26 PM
That could make for an interesting story/pics. Just remember to watch your back, their sneaky little *******s

adamgarbett
02-10-2013, 01:28 PM
I would also try using a coyote howl call. Maby the cougar will come back trying to defend its kill????

houndsman
02-10-2013, 02:01 PM
where is it ? if u want we can run it with the hounds if its near here.

pipe-it
02-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Hey guys just returned from bush
i saw nothing only the carcass of the deer
the front chest was eaten out along with the internals
i found a place along a trail and waited but not a sound or
a sight of anything
no yote sighn either which is strange also i could actually not find any clear cat tracks but
all the sighn points to cougar so i cant make it back so anyone want a locale ill tell u
enter nicola lake side penask lake road follow to penask lake at exactly 37 klick there is a bent tree on the right hand side of road a doe mule deer whats left is laying dragged 200 ft into bush i supose for cougar to return tonight mabey ambush in morning idk well if it works for anyone would like pics good luck

chilcotin hillbilly
02-10-2013, 10:50 PM
You need to remember shooting females with kittens is illegal. Just because there are no kittens in sight does not mean she does not have young near by.
I hope it is a male, do you know the difference between the female and male track? how do you know it is a male. ? Just asking. 70 % of mature females have dependant young.

hunter1947
02-11-2013, 05:07 AM
CH very good reminder X2..

Gr8 white hunter
02-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Kill it kittens or not, and zip your lip think about granny and your kids.

digger dogger
02-11-2013, 09:34 AM

ummmm, don't do that!!!!! sound like something a wolf would do, kill for fun?????
"USUALLY" the only cats that prey on people are juveniles, and old cats that can't catch prey anymore...
Good luck op, and I hope you get a tom..

WulffMaster
02-11-2013, 09:41 AM

sorry dude, but that answer is one of the reasons hunters have a bad name in some area's.

IF it was threatening livestock or human's then I would agree, but to kill a female cougar that may have kittens just to get a cougar kill, that is NOT what a true Hunter/Conservationist would do .

Gr8 white hunter
02-11-2013, 10:35 AM
It's not for a kill,Think about your granny and your kids .

Gr8 white hunter
02-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Who said it was for fun your are protecting your KIN and farm,as for bad name to hunters who going to tell the world? you just keep your mouth shut.and everyone is happy happy happy.

Spy
02-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Who said it was for fun your are protecting your KIN and farm,as for bad name to hunters who going to tell the world? you just keep your mouth shut.and everyone is happy happy happy.
Are you in Grade 8 ?

Gr8 white hunter
02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Here we go.are you a girl?

Mr. Dean
02-11-2013, 11:23 AM
I suggest that some need to get familiar with some rules.
Not only on hunting, but HBC also.

We don't condone poaching here and we DO NOT tolerate ones that rationalize it.

ruger#1
02-11-2013, 11:51 AM
I suggest that some need to get familiar with some rules.
Not only on hunting, but HBC also.

We don't condone poaching here and we DO NOT tolerate ones that rationalize it. Yes that is a very poor thought out post.

Mr. Dean
02-11-2013, 11:51 AM