PDA

View Full Version : Couger ate gramma's Sheep! (How to get a good picture if he rtns?)

allan
02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
So my gramma's sheep (3) were killed by a couger a couple of days ago. She basically chased the cat out of her shed on her way out to do aft chores.
I didnt think anything of it untill I found out the cat has been back to try and dig up the carcasses that she buried. I want to set up a game camera to take pictures of the cat if it comes back. Any pointers on cat behavior or how I should set up a camera to take the best pictures would be greatly appreciated. I hope to go Sun aft to set up game cam if I have time.
I would prefer to that one of her neighbors SSS because the back yard next door is where my three and five year play is only 90 meters away.

The Dude
02-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Aim your camera like this:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj313/Heliox18/Scopepic.jpg

Brew
02-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Shoot it. Screw the camera

Drillbit
02-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Wrap your arms around it, under it's armpits and lean back. Make's them look nice & big after you shoot them.

604redneck
02-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Aim your camera like this:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj313/Heliox18/Scopepic.jpg
hate to burst your bubble but that probably wont work :p

olympia
02-10-2013, 02:58 AM
the only way to get rid of the cougar is to introduce a grizzly in the area and when the grizzly becomes a problem we will bring in some wolves...

hunter1947
02-10-2013, 04:48 AM
Setting up a trail camera I would put this trail camera 20 feet from where this sheep is berried aiming directly at the grave put the trail camera about 4 feet up from the ground.

if no threes or other to put the trail cam on then use a 2x6 with a platform 5 feet hi 3/4 plywood for a base 2 foot x 2 foot secure the 2x6 to the bottom piece of plywood or other use a brace from the vertical piece of 2x6 to to bottom plywood for support then put the trail cam onto the 2x6 4 feet hi aiming directly at the sheep grave then you will will be ready to go..

Contact some hounds men have it set up that you can call them during daylight hours at any time or just before daylight if the cat is spotted the cat hunter and dogs will do the rest for your gramma in whats needed.

Steeleco
02-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Take pictures of the dead cat. They you'll have solved 2 issues. :)

stinkyduck
02-10-2013, 06:02 PM
if your kids are around where the cat is always coming, you better take the cat out just like the dude said! no sheep for the cat, it'll go for the kids, dont take the chance!