PDA

View Full Version : Dog killer

houndsman
02-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Last night I was phoned by 4 diferent people that have had there dog kill or hauled by a cougar.
thay have all called the C.O. s with on help from them. The cat has attacked 9 dogs so far.
Im on my way over this morning to see if i can kill it ,I hope there is some fresh sine.
I will update later on.

chilcotin hillbilly
02-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Take every dog you have and even more if you can find some. 5 or 6 six work if they all get there at the same time. Sending one or two dogs cand be a death sentence in those situations. I hope it goes well.

digger dogger
02-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Good luck, I hope you get the cat, It seems the big cats have been tough on hounds/dogs this season.
as chb said, I hope all goes well...

albravo2
02-09-2013, 08:53 AM
good luck to you and especially to your dogs.

Wade
02-09-2013, 09:12 AM
You wanna know why the CO's won't do anything??? It's because they are paid by the tax payer. It's just another fine example of big brother knows best. If you shoot that cat out of season in self defence, that CO will come out to your house and slap you with a 5000 buck fine and take the cat to a taxidermist for his own trophy collection.Good luck my friend.

SHACK
02-09-2013, 09:25 AM
You wanna know why the CO's won't do anything??? It's because they are paid by the tax payer. It's just another fine example of big brother knows best. If you shoot that cat out of season in self defence, that CO will come out to your house and slap you with a 5000 buck fine and take the cat to a taxidermist for his own trophy collection.Good luck my friend.

Wow, thats a completely bold, and false statement.

Wild Images
02-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Go get em Shane
Bring the girls home safe

Ken

BCHunterTV
02-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Good luck you guys, if I wasn't busy I would be there in a heart beat

Give me a shout tonight, let me know how it goes

BromBones
02-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Nothing worse than a dog killin cat.

Hope you find him.

BlacktailStalker
02-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Not an optimistic feeling turning out on one like that. We killed one just like that this year behind some houses, mean s.o.b and he came down the tree to single out a dog.

Wade
02-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Wow, thats a completely bold, and false statement.
Bold Statement! I have a friend that is a avid hunter that was having a problem with a bear hanging around his house getting into things. He called the COs for 4 days and they told him that they weren't going to do anything about it, so he told the CO on the phone that he would shoot the bear him self and the CO told him that they would press charges.

Hank Hunter
02-09-2013, 11:53 AM

Another somebody told me story. no actual facts needed its the internet :confused:. I believe the great majority of COs in BC do an excellent job under considerable budget and manpower restraints.
Good luck with the dog killer, go get it

Bc Deer Hunter
02-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Really hope you are on that cat as I type!! Would be pretty flipping cool to come back to this thread and see a 200+ lb dog killing tom :mrgreen:

Wade
02-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Another somebody told me story. no actual facts needed its the internet :confused:. I believe the great majority of COs in BC do an excellent job under considerable budget and manpower restraints.
I like to think that they aware doing a good job as well. I'm just saying the two circumstances are very similar.i just hope he gets his cat problem solved.

bugler
02-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Hope you get him. Just curious though. Is this cat killing random dogs in the neighborhood or hounds that are chasing it? It needs to be taken out either way but I can see the CO's ignoring the call if it is houndsmen complaining.

Jelvis
02-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Good luck for you and your dogs, hope it goes good.
Jel

skibum
02-09-2013, 02:22 PM
the two circumstances are very similar

A cat killing more that one animal around a residence is not even close to being the same thing as a bear pulling stuff apart around a house.

At least the COs have a brain

r106
02-09-2013, 02:27 PM

Thats a lot BS your spewing. Sometimes it is better to think before you type.

Hope the OP gets the cat. Seems to be a rough year for the dogs

Wade
02-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Thats a lot BS your spewing. Sometimes it is better to think before you type.

Hope the OP gets the cat. Seems to be a rough year for the dogs
Your right and I should think before I type. My apologies. My point is in both cases the COs were called and refused to do anything about it. I think it would be their job to manage this. It doesn't matter if its a cat killing dogs or a bear going through your garbage cans and fruit trees. The danger for someone to be mauled or killed is there.

Frango
02-09-2013, 04:32 PM

Wow, I know of two case's where cats were shot in self defense and they did not get a fine.This kind of remark is very uninformed and perhaps bitter towards Co's..

.300WSMImpact!
02-09-2013, 04:45 PM
cant wait to here if that cat is found!! good luck I hope the dogs stay safe

hotload
02-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Your right and I should think before I type. My apologies. My point is in both cases the COs were called and refused to do anything about it. I think it would be their job to manage this. It doesn't matter if its a cat killing dogs or a bear going through your garbage cans and fruit trees. The danger for someone to be mauled or killed is there.

Your right I should think before I type????, MY APOLOGIES????, now who the hell says that on this site, ban this guy, hang him by his thumbs, this is not the way of the land. He needed to stand steadfast and adamantly fight to the death with his thoughts, or at least til he got banned. What's this site coming to?????????????????

srupp
02-09-2013, 06:22 PM
hope you get the cat..and your 4 legged athletes are safe..

cheers

Steven

Jelvis
02-09-2013, 06:40 PM
I like to respect the office of Conservation in B.C. the Ministry and all the environment system in the government jobs.
Without these people positioned to work, we would have way less quality in the outdoors than we have now to use and enjoy.
Law Enforcement with the C O's I always tip my hat to these fine men and women doing the enforcement of the BC laws.
No use saying things and putting yourself down, by dissing the hired representative employed as a C.O.
_- Let's here some positives, with all the negatives, and realize we are in the middle of some great outdoors in B.C.
.. N.o D.issing P.eople .. in the Ministry .. we don't want to do that .. we support them with good wishes .. 4gameandfishes
.. You gotta fight --- for your right --- to Parrrrrr --- tayyyy .. Beastie Boys .. Well Wishes -- Safe and Secure -- Salutations
JellyProCons

ruger#1
02-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Jel I have delt with some CO's that shouldn't even have been one. When their job goes to their head then they shouldn't have that job. And I'am talking about the ones who think they are god.

Jelvis
02-09-2013, 07:25 PM
C.O. s have power to enforce the laws of B.C. environment, they carry iron, they have a challenging job, that's why they seek employment in these careers. Not just the money or the love of the outdoors, but a challenge to do the job with pride and trust in their office. These people have been trained to the 9's, like Hienz, there's no other kinds.
Jel .. Back your C.Os in B.C. .. Use RAPP if you see something ..

pieter
02-09-2013, 07:30 PM
they are there for the government pension and that's my opinion of them, you call them and by the time they get of there butts it way to late your sheep or cattle are dead, if you handle it yourself you are charged because they don't care

pieter
02-09-2013, 07:32 PM
ps and i have been there seen it

ruger#1
02-09-2013, 07:33 PM
C.O. s have power to enforce the laws of B.C. environment, they carry iron, they have a challenging job, that's why they seek employment in these careers. Not just the money or the love of the outdoors, but a challenge to do the job with pride and trust in their office. These people have been trained to the 9's, like Hienz, there's no other kinds.
Jel .. Back your C.Os in B.C. .. Use RAPP if you see something .. The RCMP are trained to the 9's. But they still have bad apples to sort out.

LBM
02-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Nothing worse than a dog killin cat.

Hope you find him.

I think Poachers are worse but not to many people seem concerned about them.

Gun Dog
02-09-2013, 10:40 PM
I'd like to read more about this cat hunt and less about what imaginary COs may or may not do.

The Dude
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
I think Poachers are worse but not to many people seem concerned about them.

That's a strange expression, Bruce!

Bc Deer Hunter
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
I'd like to read more about this cat hunt and less about what imaginary COs may or may not do.
Big X2, very eager to here how they made out! So lets stop derailing the thread!!

steve_j
02-09-2013, 10:48 PM
I hope this cat gets shot soon, this is in my neighborhood and where my son goes to school. I hear the CO has been around and the school has warned the kids about it. If I wasn't up north working I'd probably out this weekend with the rifle and E-caller.

houndsman
02-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Well I spent most of the day over there talking to peole that had the cat on there place & had a dog killed or attacked .This cat has been there for over two weeks, & there are tracks all over the place . One of the kill sites that is two week old,( Nothing but a few bones ) has fresh tracks & beds from the cat comeing back daily.
Ok as im siting here on the computer the CO just phoned me .(I ran in to him today at the last kill site,So thay are on the job) The couger just killed another dog 20 minits ago . An old lady let out her old dog for a pee ,the cat killed it in front of her & packet it up the hill in to the bush. one driveway south of the of the las kill site
I will meet the CO at 7am & hopefully put an end to dog killer. the cougar is a small tom by the look of the track.

Bc Deer Hunter
02-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Well I spent most of the day over there talking to peole that had the cat on there place & had a dog killed or attacked .This cat has been there for over two weeks, & there are tracks all over the place . One of the kill sites that is two week old,( Nothing but a few bones ) has fresh tracks & beds from the cat comeing back daily.
Ok as im siting here on the computer the CO just phoned me .(I ran in to him today at the last kill site,So thay are on the job) The couger just killed another dog 20 minits ago . An old lady let out her old dog for a pee ,the cat killed it in front of her & packet it up the hill in to the bush. one driveway south of the of the las kill site
I will meet the CO at 7am & hopefully put an end to dog killer. the cougar is a small tom by the look of the track.

Man that is crazy!!! Now I wont be able to sleep, ill be the first to wish you guys best of luck on the tom, hope you and your dogs can do the little old lady's dog and the rest justice!!

houndsman
02-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Thanks man. If the dogs tree the ravins will fly.

Hank Hunter
02-10-2013, 12:01 AM
Wow, good luck and may your dogs be safe

Cyrus
02-10-2013, 12:03 AM

That would be a horrible sight to witness...in my case if it were my little jack russell. Hope you or the CO's get the cat...definately a brave sucker and would be scary to have around with any small kids in the neighborhood.

srupp
02-10-2013, 12:38 AM
good luck Bro. be careful and do what you know how to do..all be safe

steven

lip_ripper00
02-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Good luck tomorrow.....!

Mr. Dean
02-10-2013, 01:24 AM
I expect an update by 10 AM, off of a new Blackberry 10 if need be [Go RIM!].
Oh,,,, pic's too!

hunter1947
02-10-2013, 05:03 AM
Jel .. Back your C.Os in B.C. .. Use RAPP if you see something ..

X2 good wording Jel the CO,s don't get enough thank you from others like a pat on the back they have a very hard job to do day in and day out they deal with guns and knifes and wildlife hunters all the time..

Houndman I hope you get this cat in the next few days as for a few pictures to go along with your post..

Tanya
02-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Good luck Shane, hoping to read a positive ending to this in short order.

The Dude
02-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Good luck, and waiting for good news tomorrow.

chilcotin hillbilly
02-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Good luck, I hopwe you don't lose a dog over this one. It sounds like a bad one foresure

phoenix
02-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Yeah, just like the one that shot the dog in front of its owner last weekend.
Kim

000buck
02-10-2013, 08:41 AM
go get it..... shame it has to be this way, he s young and dumb but he has a taste for it now. Pile him up.

CNE
02-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Dogs did well! Cat is dead. Happy neighbourhood. Very good experience working with the conservation officer. Will try to upload a few pictures

scottwh
02-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Shane had the cat in the tree at 8:30 this morning. CO shot it. Pics to follow. Apparantly it was a young tom, but fat as a pig!

coach
02-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Congrats to all involved. Nice to hear the cat was dealt with and that hunters and CO's worked together for a positive outcome.

kinderdoggin
02-10-2013, 10:58 AM
YAY! Way to go fellas. A little bit of peace in the neighborhood now, well done.

one-shot-wonder
02-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Good team effort guys!!

Mt. Lion is one of my favourite feasts, but I am not sure I would be eating that pooch eater!

Wild Images
02-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Hopefully the locals will hear about this and realize that without taking some cats out of the population sooner or later they will stray
or be pushed into populated areas where pets and livestock will become a favorite menu item.
I know from talking with Shane last week that his dogs got on a big tom and the cat pulled the dogs over 5 miles and tree right behind
some houses. Permission was asked for and granted to go in and get the dogs, when he got there the local people were giving him
supream S--t about hunting so close to the houses and wouldn't let him kill the tom ( good tom )
Seems that you can't explain to stupid people that dogs do not know what private property is and what affect having tommy in the hood could have on
thier lives. This neighbourhood found out and came running for help and Shane didn't waste anytime in getting the job done.

Well done Shane !!!

srupp
02-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Shane well done SIR...not the time to be bashing anti hunters hwoever its is the time to congradulate the time and effort of you and your team for stepping up and using your knowlege skills ability and resources to get er done...

again well done !

steven

000buck
02-10-2013, 02:22 PM
well done! a T bone for the hounds and beer for the handler! cheers

604redneck
02-10-2013, 02:45 PM
would this perhaps be the tom thats been torrmenting dogs in the glenrosa area?

houndsman
02-10-2013, 03:42 PM
This is the dog killer. as I said not a big tom. We met the C.O. at 7:30 walked the dogs up the hill & found the pore little old blind dog at the corner of two fences. The cat had eaten most of the dog witch was only 20 feet from the back door . The snow was frozen solid & very hard to see a track, so we walked the 5 dogs on leash untill thay hit a hot track & fired them loose thay ran the track about 500 yards & treed , the C.O shot the cat with his 12gage & the dogs all had a chew . WE pulled the cat down the hill & ended up at the house where the cat had killed there dog two days befor . There was a large gathering at the end of the driveway of all the neighbours that had heard the dogs & the shot thay were happy to be able to let there dogs out again. When we were finished we went back to & put what was left of the little fella in a box so that the lady could bury her dog.

IMG]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i331/shanewbrady/IMG_4326_zps0fb3f0d9.jpg[/IMG]

houndsman
02-10-2013, 03:44 PM
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i331/shanewbrady/IMG_4326_zps0fb3f0d9.jpg

TheProvider
02-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Nice work. Definately a fat one. Thanks for helping the local community am CO

Trekker
02-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Great job guys.

Salty
02-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Right on houndsman glad you found it all went well give the pooches a pet for me. I have a special hate on for cougars that mess with civilization. Lost our cat last yr 20 feet from the door. Lots of other pets went missing nearby too the CO and a houndsman had a hard time finding it and didn't several tries. Finially nailed one at the other end of town a few months later with a fresh sighting called in.

d6dan
02-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Jel I have delt with some CO's that shouldn't even have been one. When their job goes to their head then they shouldn't have that job. And I'am talking about the ones who think they are god.

Their handcuffed because of money. Thank the Liberals for that. We need more of them and quick.

One a brighter note, I'm glad you guys nailed that cat. Good job!....

yama49
02-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Great job, congrats..

BiG Boar
02-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Congratulations. What happened to the cat in the end? If the CO took it, what happens to it?

Bc Deer Hunter
02-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Great job houndsman!! Im glad your dogs are safe and sound, gives me a good feeling knowing that cat is not killing anymore pets , thanks for dispatching it :)

Stone Sheep Steve
02-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Great work guys!!!
Let's hope your local Fish and Game club will be serving some cougar at their club banquet.

We enjoyed a dog killer last night at our banquet thanks to the CO's!! Didn't taste canine-like.

SSS

Deer_Slayer
02-10-2013, 10:04 PM
where is this happening? What town are you in? Good luck

albravo2
02-10-2013, 11:53 PM
happy to hear the outcome. well done!

looking forward to some pics.

hunter1947
02-11-2013, 05:04 AM
Great work you did getting this cat no more loved dogs will be eaten from this cat ,,nice working with the local CO to get the job done..

Gun Dog
02-11-2013, 10:24 AM
This is the dog killer. as I said not a big tom. We met the C.O. at 7:30 walked the dogs up the hill & found the pore little old blind dog at the corner of two fences. The cat had eaten most of the dog witch was only 20 feet from the back door . The snow was frozen solid & very hard to see a track, so we walked the 5 dogs on leash untill thay hit a hot track & fired them loose thay ran the track about 500 yards & treed , the C.O shot the cat with his 12gage & the dogs all had a chew .I'm curious -- is this local volunteerism on your part or does the CO hire you for the hunt? Does the CO keep a list of local experts who can be called upon to deal with various issues?

Salty
02-11-2013, 01:05 PM
10-4 on the later Gun Dog. The CO service has a list of qualified contractors around here at least for houdsmen, trappers etc. to help with problem wildlife. I've seen adds in the paper requesting applications for this kind of work in the past.

Gun Dog
02-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks....

bowhunterbruce
02-11-2013, 05:40 PM
absolutly steller shane, congrats on the success both in getting that cat and working directly with the c.o. awsome pic by the way, any other updates as to what area this all was happening in.
bhb

dellis
02-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Glad you got the outlaw cat without any hurt dogs. Must be nerve wracking turning loose on those dog killers.
Darcy

BCHunterTV
02-21-2013, 05:55 PM
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=270678769730856

The Hermit
02-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Two cats! Cool! Way to go!

houndsman
02-21-2013, 11:59 PM
There seems to be a lot fuss over theas cats with the news & the papers ,My phone is ringing & it was 2 weeks ago that we killd them.

BlacktailStalker
02-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Happened to one guy here, he almost lost his job over it, visits to his place of work. Apparently he gave up dogs because of it. Change your number, you'll be on a list.

gcreek
02-22-2013, 07:13 AM
That was good publicity Shane. Nothing wrong with the education of a few city folks as to the reality of nature.

joew
02-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Still have a face for radio

joew
02-22-2013, 07:23 PM
At least they were happy the cats are gone

BlacktailStalker
02-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Yeah..... No dogo is going to kill any mature lion.

houndsman
02-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Happened to one guy here, he almost lost his job over it, visits to his place of work. Apparently he gave up dogs because of it. Change your number, you'll be on a list.
Its all been positive feedback from everone.There all happy that those cats are dead,even the all the ladies that come in to my wifes hair salon tell her its a good thing .

Stone Sheep Steve
02-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Its all been positive feedback from everone.There all happy that those cats are dead,even the all the ladies that come in to my wifes hair salon tell her its a good thing .

That's great to hear! Even the vegans love their pets.

SSS

BlacktailStalker
02-23-2013, 06:46 AM

Oh I thought you meant bleeding hearts! That's good.

KTownKiller
02-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Just read this thread, glad it turned out great and your dogs are still well. Good job work'n with the CO, they need our support. Two thumbs up!!!! :-D

gcreek
02-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Just read this thread, glad it turned out great and your dogs are still well. Good job work'n with the CO, they need our support. Two thumbs up!!!! :-D

I find it interesting that the COS did nothing until houndsman was called. Then one shows up and takes authority from a legal hunt with a tag and then takes the cat. You can bet the COS took full credit in their report.

Shane should have been called immediately for this issue and several more he has told me about, the COS knows he's there and available. Please don't use the excuse of dollars because they are available and should be used wisely.

CNE
02-23-2013, 02:20 PM
I find it interesting that the COS did nothing until houndsman was called. Then one shows up and takes authority from a legal hunt with a tag and then takes the cat. You can bet the COS took full credit in their report.

Shane should have been called immediately for this issue and several more he has told me about, the COS knows he's there and available. Please don't use the excuse of dollars because they are available and should be used wisely.
That's not really how it went down.... The co's were already out dealing with the issue before we showed up. They didn't seem to know about any of us that showed up with dogs to help. In fact, they talked about how they didn't know of many houndsmen left in the area. I think Shane would agree that both co's involved were very good to deal with and seemed to be doing the best they could with the resources they had. There's only 2 of them in a pretty big area and by the sounds of it they have their work cut out for them! After meeting both of them and talking to them, my opinion is that they both seem to take their jobs very seriously and do the best they can, I agree with ktown, they need our support!

Wrj
02-23-2013, 02:30 PM
That's a pretty neat picture, and a badass dog. Wow

02-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah..... No dogo is going to kill any mature lion.

Agreed - not even close.

houndsman
02-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Agreed - not even close.
Hounds can & do kill cougar the od time .I was talking with a houndsman (wont mention his name )just yesterday he tells me his dogs have killed a few mature cat over the years.

BlacktailStalker
02-23-2013, 07:38 PM
The odd one gets stretched by a hounds for sure but not by a single hound and these circumstances are far and few between. It really isnt hard for a cat to exhaust itself so much it can't climb or fight, they have small lung capacities. A jumped cat is almost a caught cat unless it can use terrain/obstacles to its advantage and lose the dogs. I have a pic of a booner laying on the snow at 10 yards with the hunter at full draw, too exhausted to move, after 6 dogs were piled on it with the cat on its back unable to fight back.

houndsman
02-24-2013, 09:08 AM
That is some sick shit .Its not even a wild lion & the dog is bigger than cat tri throwing a a real caugar in that cage & that ugly thing would be dead with one bite.

tomcat
02-24-2013, 12:34 PM
That kitten must be de-clawed. The way it was raking the belly of the dog with its hind feet the dog should be badly injured. What a bunch of BS.

02-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Hounds can & do kill cougar the od time .I was talking with a houndsman (wont mention his name )just yesterday he tells me his dogs have killed a few mature cat over the years.

The key words there are "hounds" and "dogs" - as in plural. I bet the fellow you were talking to uses 3 or 4, or even more dogs, no? The initial Dogo quote was:

Occasionally it will kill the big cat single-handedly

BCKyle
02-25-2013, 05:31 PM
That kitten must be de-clawed. The way it was raking the belly of the dog with its hind feet the dog should be badly injured. What a bunch of BS.
Yeah no doubt; that dog would have its ribs all exposed and possibly some organs hanging out if that cat had its claws working... Even if the dog could successfully kill it, after that raking I wouldn't put much odds up for the dog surviving if it wasn't heavily cared for by a veterinarian!

Don't think much of the guys who have that cage and made that video. Just letting the dogs take turns s$(%kicking a declawed cat doesn't sit well with me.

Dog does look tough though; I like pitbulls a lot more though. That thing is uuuugly.

KTownKiller
02-26-2013, 10:51 PM

WOW! What a post!

houndogger
02-26-2013, 11:56 PM
He has lots...

gcreek
02-27-2013, 01:37 AM
He has lots...

......more to come!

When credit is due I will give that also.