PDA

View Full Version : Buck Footage 2006

bigwhiteys
12-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Here is some footage from my deer trip this year into region 7. Some of this you may have seen bits and pieces of before so sorry if any of it repeats.

Buck Footage (http://www.bchuntingblog.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=4)

Happy Hunting!
Carl

Deaddog
12-17-2006, 12:04 PM
great shots,thanks for making my morning:lol:

mark
12-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Some nice footage there carl! Did you even see any hawgs while you were there? I wish i had a buddy up there with some land like that!

WoodOx
12-17-2006, 12:12 PM
great shots,thanks for making my morning:lol:

X2

Great shots, looks like a lot of fun out there. Do you own land up in the Peace?

Like you said, if thats private land and those younger guys dont get harvested, youll have a bunch of brutes runnin around in a few years!

Good luck

BCrams
12-17-2006, 12:15 PM
That was the best part of my morning so far to watch the footage! You did a good job on it and the captions fit right in !

Makes me want to scrimp and save for a video camera as I would love to take footage of deer hunting.

Hopefully the deer herds don't get hit too hard this winter with all that early snow / cold. March / early April are going to be the months to watch out for.

WoodOx
12-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Think itll get rough towards Spring?

I was gunna start a thread bout that actually, peoples opinions on how different variations in the weather affect deer herds. Seems with the last warm/light snowfall winters over the last 3 or so years, a heavy snowfall winter like were in at the moment cant be great?

bigwhiteys
12-17-2006, 12:28 PM
I have over 45 minutes of footage from this year. I did see the one really good whitey the 2nd night (I posted that video a few weeks ago) but he just wasn't bigger then anything I have on my wall. He would have been a good buck though I was close to tipping him over.

My great grandparents had 15 kids in the peace country so we have private land to hunt all over between friends, aunts and uncles.

There is big bucks on this property every year it's 9 sections of timber, alfalfa and oats. I could see the tracks and sign from the big boys but it looked like they were coming out well after dark.

Trail Cam for next year I think. Trespassers were a problem this year too. Had a few altercations.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

BCrams
12-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Spring is the most critical period. A lot of wildlife can survive a tough 'winter' however, once March/April comes around, ungulates are at their weakest and most vulnerable. If mother nature decides to dish out one last cold snap with deep snow at the end of March/early April for 2 weeks followed by a quick thaw and freeze again........ that alone can result in a mortality greater than all of winter combined.

Alot of different scenarios and variables but this illustrates one example.

Will
12-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Some Great Vids........Thanks:)

bigwhiteys
12-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Spring is the most critical period. A lot of wildlife can survive a tough 'winter' however, once March/April comes around, ungulates are at their weakest and most vulnerable. If mother nature decides to dish out one last cold snap with deep snow at the end of March/early April for 2 weeks followed by a quick thaw and freeze again........ that alone can result in a mortality greater than all of winter combined.

They have had it pretty easy the last few years. I think they should fair all right this year though as there were LOTS of bales around for them to eat and they are all hanging pretty close to the bales and the granaries...

Some years when it gets really bad farmers will also put out bales for the elk and deer. At least in the zones we've been hunting.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

ARC
12-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Great footage Carl,

Too bad a monster didn't walk out for ya, but at least you were seeing lots of animals.

We'll have to meet up again next year.

Thanks again for the video.

ianwuzhere
12-17-2006, 12:48 PM
great footage- i love hunting up there. wut kind of camera do you use? I got some footage of small whitetys up there this season on my cam but have never combined video after video as a slideshow just pics as a slide show, i think i need a good program..
cheers!

hunter1947
12-17-2006, 02:02 PM
You did a nice job filming these deer bigwhiteys. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif I no a person that goes up into that area every year and they fill there elk ,moose ,mule and whitetail tags every year ,they hunt on a farmers field that they no. Like mark said i wish i new someone that had a ranch up in the peace river area :frown: hunter 1947.

bsa30-06
12-17-2006, 02:17 PM
bigwhiteys, excellent job , thanxs for posting.

The Hermit
12-17-2006, 04:03 PM
BigWhiteys - iffins you ever want another hunting partner... nice of you guys to put all that feed out there for them!!

Byson
12-17-2006, 06:39 PM
looking for the monster were you nice video

quadrakid
12-17-2006, 06:56 PM
thanks for sharing some great footage, might just have to talk to santa about a video cam.

bigwhiteys
12-17-2006, 07:06 PM
For those who have asked the Camera is a Sony DCR-HC21 with the Carl Zeiss lenses and 20X optical zoom. I think it was around $500 or $600 last year?

It was under the tree for me last year so I am not sure what it cost :) It's very compact and the heavy duty battery will easily last for 3 hours of footage in warm or cold weather.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

JMac
12-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Nice footage Carl! Looks like those deer have got quite the grocery store!

Elkhound
12-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Great footage Carl. I have been trying to talk the Mrs. into letting me buy a camera.......you know for the kids:lol: