PDA

View Full Version : Hunting around Sunshine Valley (2-2)

ncaufield
02-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Looking at purchasing a recreational property in Sunshine Valley, about 20min east of Hope. I've been told Sunshine Valley itself is the start of some pretty impressive FSR's that stretch back into 2-2 toward the border.

Any good roads? What species are good? Any good stories? Would love to hear them.

If I'm not mistaken, 2-1 is a no go on everything right? The entire unit is Manning Park right?

Steeleco
02-06-2013, 05:46 PM
My buddy had a place on the north side of the road. I only ever hunted it once. There are lots of trails, but you'd best be a goat. The roads are fugly to drive, or at least they were. Steep and narrow. Many of them badly overgrown.

That said it was as I said only one trip. But they did get bears in there all the time so hunting them once you find your way around should be easy. And Elk, don't know where they we're but in the thick fog they sure sounded close. Can't hunt them in there but it was still surreal to hear them in the fog.

Iron Glove
02-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Late father-In-Law and his buddy were just about to sign the paper to buy a big chunk of land there right on Outram Lake. That weekend the Hope Slide came down, wiped out the Lake and the property they were about to buy became a real big rock garden.
About a dozen years ago wife & I were looking at rec. property and checked out Sunshine Valley but decided it wasn't what we wanted so we bought in Tulameen. The cabin we looked at in Sunshine got taken out in the rock / mudslide last year ( or was it the year before ?? ).
Will be retiring this year and moving from the LM to Hope so I'd be interested in hearing how hunting is around Sunshine too.