PDA

View Full Version : Area 4-1

wetcoasthunter
12-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have hunted in 4-1 at all. I have talked with some old timers and that is where they liked to go, apparently it pretty much has it all, but then again, they are talking about MANY years ago, so things have most likely changed.

What is the terrain like, best time of year to go, hunting pressure, etc. etc.

The area sounds intriguing and if I can get a little more info on the area I will try and make it there next year, any info would be a big help, thanks guys.

Islandeer
12-17-2006, 12:00 AM
It is very top secret. Just kidding!! Great area, get out the topos, contact the local CO's,see what you can find out. PM me in the New Year.

palmer
12-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Its was a very heavily hunted area. Lately it has not held the game numbers as others areas have. I have not been back in a few years but friends have told me it is nowhere near as good as it used to be. It may be worth your time looking at a few locations incase things don't pan out there. In my own opinion I found the FLATHEAD to be very beautiful country but lacking in game numbers. Unless you want a grizz and then there are lots of those...

cheers
Palmer

Buckman
12-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Palmer is right about that. Lots of grizzlies in that area. the game hasn't been as plentiful as I heard it was years ago. There are a lot of wolves in that valley and they take a lot of game. i work in the East kootenays and love the Flathead. It doesn't get alot of traffic because it is so far from town, 57 kilometers to the nearest gas station.

7 mag
12-18-2006, 09:45 PM
I live near there, & have guided some in that country, Quality game can be hard to come by although anything you get you will earn.
Tough country to say the least, Not my 1st choise for anything but Bruins & some quality Shiras bulls.

BIGHUNTERFISH
12-18-2006, 10:19 PM
If you have horses go up to the Wigwam, lots of nice bull elk and trophy mulies. :lol:

palmer
12-19-2006, 06:56 PM
If you have horses go up to the Wigwam, lots of nice bull elk and trophy mulies. :lol:

In my opinion way better than the Flathead...