PDA

View Full Version : 2012 On line hunter survey

Vader
02-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Any one bothering to fill these out? If so did you have trouble accessing the online site to fill it out?

I have entered the number numerous times and have had no joy.. not that these are a joy..

gutpile
02-05-2013, 07:20 PM
I wish they would give us a chance to win a LEH draw
for filling out thus surveys .

coach
02-05-2013, 07:23 PM
It took me about 3 minutes to fill one out for myself and my daughter. About the same amount of time as it takes to decipher one of Jelvis' posts.. :-D

huntcoop
02-05-2013, 07:53 PM
It took me about 3 minutes...About the same amount of time as it takes to decipher one of Jelvis' posts.. :-D

Only 3 minutes, you a Harvard grad?

coach
02-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Only 3 minutes, you a Harvard grad?

Ha Ha! I should have said "WAAAYYYY less time than it takes to decipher one of Jelly's posts..":-D

ufishifish2
02-05-2013, 08:19 PM
I tried filling it out on-line today and it wouldn't come up. Frustrating. Worked for me last year.
I filled out the ole' fashioned paper copy and fairly accurately outlined which MU's have no animals!
Now I just need to get down to the post office to send it off.
Them fine folks down there will soon find out that people really can hunt hard all season long all over the province and still get nothing! :)

One Shot
02-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Worked for me today without a hitch..................

hunter1947
02-06-2013, 06:42 AM
No trouble at all all completed and sent done deal..

jtred
02-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Wouldn't open for me a couple of days ago so I sent off the form through the mail. Took only a couple of minutes and yes I always bother to fill them out.

swamper
02-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Did mine last night. Piece of cake. And a lot less hassle than filling it out and mailing it.

s0ylentgreen
02-06-2013, 10:25 AM
i only had two questions, elk and black bear.
online worked great

Gateholio
02-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Anyone have a link?

s0ylentgreen
02-06-2013, 10:49 AM
you also need to enter a number on the letter they send you

huntersurvey.gov.bc.ca

rcar
02-06-2013, 10:52 AM
I fill it out every year. Just takes a few minutes. I'm hoping to build up some LEH Karma......not working so far though!

Vader
02-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Finally after the 60th, maybe more, try it finally let me access the online survey. Painless once I got logged on.. answered for moose, elk, migratory, whitetail, and wolf.

Skull Hunter
02-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Just filled mine out. I had no trouble at all, and it only took about 5 minutes.

shadowhunter
02-06-2013, 06:56 PM
I just mailed mine. Took minutes and dropped it off on the way to the gym!

ianwuzhere
02-06-2013, 07:39 PM
either way works great- quick and easy, online worked easy for me. all this info already input on the computer and saving the .61 cents should be lots more jobs and money savings in this department for more conservation officers and related support!- or wait- no -still more cutbacks- unknown why :/
do they care if you have any other info- such as hunted for X amount of time and saw X amount of animals? guessing not if there is no info/space provided.

Citori54
02-06-2013, 09:59 PM
No problem completing the survey online....literally took less than 2 minutes. Beats the hell out of filling in the paper and mailing.

BCBRAD
02-09-2013, 08:35 AM
I've had quite a bit of experience with government websites and reporting tools and found that almost none of them work or work well. For example the first time I bought fishing licences online they charged my credit cart twice and couldn't refund me for months after. Have come to the conclusion that the province is the lowest paying employer of IT staff anywhere and so doesn't necessarily attract the most brilliant of that profession. BC Brad's lovely wife

oclarkii
02-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Are you people actually complaining about this - you do realize they use the data to assist in management decisions right? Its one small thing each of us can do once a year to help out with the resources that are so important to us all. And it does come with a postage paid envelope - they obviously want the questionnaires filled out on-line, the more they get in the mail each year the more incentive to have a reporting tool working. But it took me all of about 35 seconds to complete mine and my daughter's. In the words of the great Nigel Powers "If you've got an issue, here's a tissue".

Rhyno
02-09-2013, 09:09 AM
I did mine and the wife's online without a hitch....I ALWAYS submit them just in case they are some how linked to LEH success:-D

Ambush
02-09-2013, 09:25 AM
On-line; finished in a few minutes, no problems.

If this goes good, maybe they will feel encouraged to finally shift the hunting/LEH to on-line as well. Holy 1990's, that would be awesome!!!

Trophyslayer
02-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Did anyone's survey ask about upland birds? Mine did which was surprising.

Vader
02-09-2013, 11:17 AM
No one that posted was complaining about filling them out.. The question was "do people bother" and part 2 was "are they having trouble with the online access"?
I have filled them out for years.. by paper until this year, and had difficulty opening the "online". I had three tags this year ELK, Moose, and whities.. questionaire had Elk, moose, whities, wolf, and game birds on it.

Mugger
02-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Guys, I have always filled these out. What are your opinions on filling these out does it help keep areas open and LEL numbers up or does it have a negative affect if successful numbers are down. Does it allow game branch to not get out in the field to make proper assessments for less money.

BCKyle
02-09-2013, 12:14 PM
It's gotta just be one small tool; I doubt they would do less actual field evaluations just because they get a bunch of harvest reports back. Probably helps them to evaluate, if numbers are down, how much of that is hunter impact versus predators/habitat etc..?

Mine worked fine online; just had a mule deer question which was the only thing I got last season. More information for them = more to base good management decisions on (hopefully...?) :-|

ThreeFuturehunters
02-09-2013, 01:01 PM
I have tried 5 or 6 times in line now, with two different computers, no luck with the survey.

s0ylentgreen
02-09-2013, 03:16 PM
ive noticed that some internet browsers work with the govt websites and others dont

if internet explorer doesnt work try firefox or chrome...

Ambush
02-09-2013, 03:24 PM
ive noticed that some internet browsers work with the govt websites and others dont

if internet explorer doesnt work try firefox or chrome...

I used "chrome" and it was fast and flawless. I gave up on explorer a while ago. Too many issues.

HarryToolips
02-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Very easy to do them with the paper they send you..everyone should do em cause it helps them big time figure out how much s**t is been harvested

Stone Sheep Steve
02-12-2013, 08:23 PM
No luck for me getting it done online. Can't login.

SSS

Iltasyuko
02-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Worked well for me.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-12-2013, 08:36 PM
I'll try from work tomorrow. Might help.

landphil
02-12-2013, 08:42 PM
I entered mine online, Mulie and Black bear were the only species on my survey for 2012. Had no issue entering online even with my tablet and andriod browser despite the fact that the site said it wasn't compatible with mobile devices.

Slinky Pickle
02-12-2013, 08:48 PM
I filled mine out online for mule deer and black bear. Although it was easy, I had to pretty much guess at how many days in total I hunted. I hope they don't put a lot of weight on that number :)

Scotty-B
02-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Did mine in 5 min on my phone in the parking lot at the mall while waiting for buddy to get some pads for his missus. No problem.

dbergen69
02-15-2013, 11:11 PM
The online survey tool seems glitchy. I tried a few times and it would not bring up the survey. Came here to see if anothers were having problems. After I read that it was working for some I thought I would go back and try. Hit the back button so I could get to the screen to enter the number and the survey tool as loaded. Worked great very quick.

Scuba_Dave
03-19-2013, 02:25 PM
I cant even open the link on my Mac. I tried googling it and the freaking site isnt registered...Pops up some reverse IP address look up program. www.huntersurvey.gov.bc.ca going to post the link here and see if clicking it from the forum will load it properly. If not good god what a waste of tax payers money! Maybe thats why they are now using the telephone survey cause their internet survey SUCKS?!?!

Scuba_Dave
03-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Wow...All that extra effort so I could say "no i didnt hunt wolf this year" god I hate people some days lol