PDA

View Full Version : First hunts being planned!

Fella
02-03-2013, 12:07 AM
My buddy and I are already planning our first ever hunts for this coming spring/fall. So far we have a spring bear hunt planned. Gonna do some fishing at the same time, then we are planning a fall deer hunt with a couple other guys and of course we are strategizing for waterfowl season. I have a feeling it's going to be an incredible year! This our first year hunting so I'm sure we are gonna learn a lot. Anyone else have plans already?

lineofsight
02-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Thinking about turkey for the first time. Call just arrived, will start with that. Told my buddy that though they have 4x better sight & hearing he's in luck as their sense of smell not so good :)

Fella
02-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Hahaha nice!

I wouldn't mind hunting some turkeys one day. I've heard it's rather challenging.

springpin
02-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Ya, planing our moose hunt.. Cabin resvered last month, for October.

jtred
02-03-2013, 06:48 AM
I've been planning this upcoming season also, in broad terms mind you no specific dates. Turkey hunting starting April 15 until either I tag out or the season ends. Spot and stalk spring bear mixed in with some calling, this will be my first time bear hunting so I'm looking forward to the challenge. Might even throw the gear together for a weekend backpack hunt looking for a bear, I've been dreaming of getting out into the alpine with my tent ever since I put it away for the winter. Then this coming fall lots of mule deer hunting up in the high country with as many weekend trips with the backpack as I can get away with.I might buy an elk tag this year just in case I run across one while mule deer hunting, I will for sure buy one if I get the antlerless leh for 4-06 zone c. White tail hunting of course, fill in the blanks with grouse, turkey, geese and ducks, pheasant and if I connect on a bear and everyone likes the meat possibly some more bear hunting. Lots of short morning or evening walks with my girls looking for grouse or deer. I don't really make any specific plans since I know this year holds no major hunting trips. I have it easy since I live right in the heart of the Kootenays and rarely travel far on any type of hunt, leaves me free to just plan with whatever I feel like doing and watching to see how the weather is on any particular weekend. I will also have to wait and see whether I get any of the leh draws I put in for, I never apply for anything away from home so if successful I just add that animal to the list of ones I can take. Its always a great season no matter what ends up in the freezer.

Apolonius
02-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Planing since last Dec,,,,Moose,Sheep,Elk,Deer and two weeks for trophy Grouse.Yep not married and no bitch around.Blessed my friends ,blessed.

nature girl
02-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Fella good luck with hunting this year. Youll find out this year what you may need to buy and what you may not need.
If you plan on walking up hills get a walking stick. It really helps.
Since this is your first season the most important thing is have patience you will connect on a animal when the time is right. And just enjoy the great outdoors of beautiful British Columbia.

Have my holidays booked already for spring bear hunting and oct for deer hunting. Hopefully this year I get a moose LEH. But if I dont. I still have a great time in the outdoors.

Fella
02-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks nature girl! To be honest I'm not the kind of person who NEEDS to shoot something I just love being out in the woods. I already go out and just sit for hours on end enjoying the outdoors.

Caribou_lou
02-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Any thoughts of a lake to fish and hunt bears? Babine lake is good in the spring for fishing and seing many good boars. Id be able to help in a Pm for lures and dates to hunt to be successful.

Fella
02-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Lou! Your inbox is full!

Caribou_lou
02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Sorry about that. Good to go now.