PDA

View Full Version : Need a tailor for Camo

CBMS
01-30-2013, 01:53 PM
My wife, bless her heart, has decided that she likes hunting and really wants to come out and get a deer with me this year. So off we went and got her fully kitted up, rifle, binos, the right loads and everything. Now we got her some camouflage, but the problem is that its a mens small, and the neck and chest cuts are completely wrong for her. Its all Gortex and we don't want to ruin its waterproofing with going to a hack tailor.

So the Question is; Where can we find a good technical tailor that would be able to work with this material?

A smaller question is why don't outfitters make decent women's camouflage?

We are in Victoria, but don't mind traveling the island to get a good fitting done.

Thank You
P

pnbrock
01-30-2013, 01:54 PM
they do under armour aswell as she outdoors i believe.

MB_Boy
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
My wife, bless her heart, has decided that she likes hunting and really wants to come out and get a deer with me this year. So off we went and got her fully kitted up, rifle, binos, the right loads and everything. Now we got her some camouflage, but the problem is that its a mens small, and the neck and chest cuts are completely wrong for her. Its all Gortex and we don't want to ruin its waterproofing with going to a hack tailor.

So the Question is; Where can we find a good technical tailor that would be able to work with this material?

We are in Victoria, but don't mind traveling the island to get a good fitting done.

Thank You
P

Try calling some local ski shops and see if any of them can recommend. I worked in one years ago and we had a certain tailor we used largely for doing alterations to ski pants, but we ensured he would be taping seams as they were originally to maintain waterproofing capabilities.

bighornbob
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
There are few makers of womens camo. Problem, doubt you will them north of the border. Look at Cabelas south of the border and order some up.

BHB

TexasWalker
01-30-2013, 02:21 PM
There are few makers of womens camo. Problem, doubt you will them north of the border. Look at Cabelas south of the border and order some up.

BHB
This is the path we took,just measure her up and go off of the sizing chart.
The ladies bibs are cut with plenty of room for the twins up top,they fit my old lady great.

Boner
01-30-2013, 04:08 PM
I might be off base here, but would FarWest adjust something like this? Or do they only work on their own products...

Call them up, might give them some good PR and a reason to become a sponsor or something...

KB90
01-30-2013, 04:11 PM
why don't outfitters make decent women's camouflage?

They do!

Both of these companies are exclusive to woman's hunting clothing. My girl has some, nice stuff. It can be found at cabelas, bass pro, etc. some small shops might carry it, corlanes here did, but most times its very limited selection and goofy sizes, your best bet would be to order online.

http://www.shesafari.com/

http://www.proishunting.com/

Elkhound
01-30-2013, 04:17 PM
my wife has a ton of Prois gear. The link was already posted. Its great. In fact I wish they made some mens stuff.

swamper
01-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Try Wholesale sports in Nanaimo. They will most likely have camo specifically made for the female frame. Cabelas.ca has lots of womens camo.

bighornbob
01-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Try Wholesale sports in Nanaimo. They will most likely have camo specifically made for the female frame. Cabelas.ca has lots of womens camo.

I was curious and looked at the Wholesale Sports website and they do in fact sale women’s jackets and pants.

Still think you would be better to order out of Cabelas across the line for selection and price.

BHB

adamgarbett
01-30-2013, 05:10 PM
"SHE" makes woman's camo and I'm pretty shure it's Jim shockeys gorgeous daughters company. They sell it at wholesale sports 👍

SUAFOYT
01-30-2013, 06:01 PM

Thank You
P

Oooh don't get my old lady started on that one. She's complained for years that there's no decent women's camo out there. The She brand has some stuff, but the rest of it is made for an hourglass figure at 70 degrees. They never think of layering or practicality. And the pink thing? Yuck.

dragonslayer
01-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Put my wife in mens camo to fit , and a set of horns no problem!

CBMS
01-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Lol okay, so here is the history, we did go with the Cabelas womens stuff OutfitHER. The store clerks said they were waterproof, but the bibs didn't. I was curious so I broke out the spray nozzle on the hose and guess what? they soaked through when it "rained" on her. The Seams weren't taped nor were the zippers. I was glad I tried it out first, because she might never have gone hunting again if she was miserable the first time. As for the Prois, she has some stuff but really didn't fit her (she is 5'10" and 3/4 legs) so most womens stuff doesn't fit her.

I will look at some of the places you guys reccomended for alterations. It'd be nice if I didn't have to buy yet another set of camos for her.

Tanya
01-30-2013, 06:14 PM
"SHE" makes woman's camo and I'm pretty shure it's Jim shockeys gorgeous daughters company. They sell it at wholesale sports 

Nope it isn't Eva's company.

I haven't any experience with ladies camo other than neoprene waders, and a pair of Rocky Silent Stalker pants that are excellent - not rain gear however. Men's medium works for me, but then I don't care if it fits perfect and is "stylin".

Tuffcity
01-31-2013, 02:37 AM
Sitka gear fits women pretty well also.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/Tuffcity/Goat%20camp%202010/a981061e.jpg

RC

The Dude
01-31-2013, 06:34 AM
Get something that is comfortable and keeps her dry. Fancy Camo patterns are mostly fashion. Plaid, Paisley, Cannabis leaf patterns, or Bob Marley's head silhouettes work as well as any camo.
Movement and scent/wind direction are key, and you can't be out there not moving if you're wet in crappy camo.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Had a flip thru the WSS cataloge and they carry several brands of women's hunting clothing.

SSS

brian
01-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Get something that is comfortable and keeps her dry. Fancy Camo patterns are mostly fashion.

Seriously get her some good comfortable outdoor gear, of which there is a ton for women to choose from. You'll get way more out of it.

Tuffcity
01-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Another option if you're not hung up on camo is to check out the Eddie Bauer "First Ascent" series of women's clothes. It's technical cut so that means articulated joints, light, dry etc. Most of that stuff gets blown out at this time of year and a lot of it comes in neutral colours. At worst you could throw some cheap camo over top.

There are two stores in Victoria.

RC

tanker
01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
wholesale in langley has a great selection of wommens camo. i almost bought a pair for wommens pants because they were wayyy nicer than any of the mens pants i think it was called SHE

Singleshotneeded
01-31-2013, 02:15 PM
Order from Cabelas...or check out Wholesale Sports, they have women's hunting clothes.
If you find something you like but it's a bit pricey, check it out on Amazon.com first to see
if you can save by ordering online.

biggyun68
01-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Try LL bean online shopping - Free delivery In Vancouver there is Outdoor Innovations - they can do alterations and some tailoring